File under: they just don't get it...

Pikagirl

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Conversation with DH this morning:

PG: So a guy on UU forums was talking about how you can take a $20 Hello Kitty uke from Toys R Us and make it sound OK. Maybe I might try it this summer.

DH: :confused: How many ukeleles do you need?

*sigh*

No, they don't, do they?

I actually did make a Hello Kitty uke playable by putting M600 strings on it. Nothing wrong with me, is there?

My wife has only one horse ....

That gives me room for quite a uke collection.

I plan to go electric next :music::rock:

You have a Designated Hitter? ;)

My husband says I can get another uke when I play open mike night somewhere.

My wife has only one horse ....

That gives me room for quite a uke collection.

I plan to go electric next :music::rock:

Pootsie, I just acquired an Epiphone Les Paul and frankly I'm amazed! Not a bad way to get into electric without too much pain $-wise.

My husband says I can start building ukuleles (and kayaks) when I clean out the basement. Fair enough, I guess.

My very "traditional" (read = sexist) father-in-law gave us a lot of woodworking tools with the intention that his son would use them. Little does he know that I am the handily-inclined one and I can't wait to completely mortify him by showing him all the things I made. Heh heh heh...

Go for it Lime! I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that meeting ;)

Conversation with DH this morning:

PG: So a guy on UU forums was talking about how you can take a $20 Hello Kitty uke from Toys R Us and make it sound OK. Maybe I might try it this summer.

DH: :confused: How many ukeleles do you need?

I think I'd have answered "Well, as long as they're only $20 each, how 'bout you pick me up 5 to start with." :D

My husband says I can start building ukuleles (and kayaks) when I clean out the basement. Fair enough, I guess.

My very "traditional" (read = sexist) father-in-law gave us a lot of woodworking tools with the intention that his son would use them. Little does he know that I am the handily-inclined one and I can't wait to completely mortify him by showing him all the things I made. Heh heh heh...

I received a cordless drill in a Yankee Swap about 10 years or so ago and felt I needed to make something "big." So I built a loft for my (then) 6th grade son. The thing was so solid that it withstood all three boys climbing, jumping and such on it. When we moved a six years ago (and no longer needed lofts for the boys as they'd have their own rooms), the movers were shocked at how sturdy it was and then realized, it couldn't be taken apart and the only way to remove it was to cut it up.

:D :D

My husband is always relieved we don't have much more than a cordless drill and screwdriver. I think he fears the damage I could do with some real power tools.....

My wife. She hits me on the back of the head every time I start talking about adding another uke to the collection...

My wife. She hits me on the back of the head every time I start talking about adding another uke to the collection...

:biglaugh:

Duck next time and we all know there will be a next time.

So many ukes, so little time and money!

Pootsie, I just acquired an Epiphone Les Paul and frankly I'm amazed! Not a bad way to get into electric without too much pain $-wise.

Hey Ukemunga, welcome to the club! I love my ELP! It is my primary performance uke and I wear it out every Sunday morning. The neck and the action are great, and the sound with amplification is marvelous. My only wish is that it had a pre-amp installed so that I had control of volume and tone right there at the instrument instead of having to do semaphore signals to our soundboard engineer. This is why I am keen to get a Kala archtop. I am holding out for the all black KA-JTE BK, which is very hard to find in the US. For the money, I think the ELP is the best thing going in wired ukes.

Is that an A/E or solid-body? I'm thinking solid for my next venture. Or maybe one of them there Evolves, the semi-hollow ....

Is that an A/E or solid-body? I'm thinking solid for my next venture. Or maybe one of them there Evolves, the semi-hollow ....

I usually describe it as an acoustic-electric. It's a solid body with a section hollowed out around the soundhole. Even when unplugged, it has a surprising amount of volume. I really need to play through my ukes again. :)

Top Bottom