Stompin' at the Savoy

Very nice! I could hear the drum brushes and string bass in my head. Can you suggest a chord chart? If not, I'll just wear out the rewind button copping your arrangement!

^That should work for the first 12 seconds. At :13, just waggle your fingers and hope for magic to happen.

Just lovely George, I love the personal touches you gave it, really sweet work mate.

Cheers dude :)

Mmmmm, superb work George.

Thanks Eugene, your videos are looking and sounding great, I must start doing stuff outdoors more

You smashed it as usual George, and not a split stroke or fan strum in sight! Your the real deal dude.SMILE!!!!!!

Thanks, Yeah I tried to do something different to the usual strummy stuff this time

Very nice! I could hear the drum brushes and string bass in my head. Can you suggest a chord chart? If not, I'll just wear out the rewind button copping your arrangement!

I have a bunch of Jazz Real/fake books for charts but the wikipedia article on this tune has the chords...

"The piece is written in 32 bar song form with 4 eight bar phrases arranged AABA. The A sections use a Db6, Ab9, Db6, Ddim, Ebm7, Ab7, Db, Db chord sequence. The B section phrases use a Gb9/G9, Gb9, B13/D13, B13, E9/F9, E9, A13, Ab9b chord sequence"

That's all I worked from. Herb Ohta and Lyle Ritz do the tune also, check that out of Spotify.

Really like the higher key on this one, George. Gets a liveliness on those arpeggio sections. Very good work, thanks.

Top Bottom