Ukulele preferances.

fatfingers75

Reaction score
what Size ukulele do you prefer? and why?

Concert is my favorite. I suppose it is because the compact size, but, also the re-entrant tuning is pleasant. I love baritone ukulele also, especially when playing with a group of ukulele people. The bari adds some depth to the mix.

I own 11 ukes, all different sizes and shapes including a baritone, a mandolin shaped tenor, a 1925 banjolele and a sopranino. Some are strung gcea and some are strung low Gcea. My favorite is my normal everyday soprano strung gcea. No matter how many ukes I buy, when it comes down to it, a traditionally strung soprano uke is my favorite. (but my baritone strung low Gcea is my second fav.)

I own 11 ukes, all different sizes and shapes including a baritone, a mandolin shaped tenor, a 1925 banjolele and a sopranino. Some are strung gcea and some are strung low Gcea. My favorite is my normal everyday soprano strung gcea. No matter how many ukes I buy, when it comes down to it, a traditionally strung soprano uke is my favorite. (but my baritone strung low Gcea is my second fav.)

Any pics of the mando-tenor?

That's a very nice uke salukulady. Personally, I prefer concert size. I like that little mix between the higher tone of the soprano & lower tone of the tenor. Its not too big nor too small. Just right for me.

My first love was standard soprano. I just love how it sounds with the whinney hawaiian. I recently got ahold of a hf-3 so now im starting to see the big fuss about tenors.

I have a soprano and a tenor, and briefly owned a concert. I'm going with tenor. As a former (albeit terrible) guitar player, it seems to suit me the best.

I wish I had a preference.
:biglaugh:

I hear you there Deach, maybe then I could kick the UAS....

I got the 3 sizes but no Baritone, was playin a couple of those the other day and was thinking after playin a Soprano "these things are F'n HUGE".

Love playin the Sopranos....

I THINK I like concerts best. But I love the sound Jake has with an amped tenor. I am resisting.....

for me it varys depending on the sound i want
the suprano has a sound thats alot less forced it seems and is easier to play
where as my tenor doesnt get as loud and is harder to play
i kinda want to try a concert because that seems like a good mix between the 2
the strings i like and a bit biger body

I like all sizes, I don't have a baritone, so I can't relate to that particular size.....Howie

After playing my concert sized Lanikai, I have come to the conclusion that I prefer the soprano size.

Top Bottom