How did that happen???

Ted4

Reaction score
Unhappy with the sound of my Flamenco guitars through PA's in clubs/pubs etc, I have been putting some intense research into how best to mic them up..pick up? piezzo? etc etc. I have had a lot of sage like advice and links from my chum Andy Golisti, who is a first grade jazz guitarist who is obsessed with sound quality.
So, tonight, I decided to go online and buy a pick up....two hours later... I had ordered an Epiphone Les Paul Uke, and a Roland Minicube..but no pick up!!!!

How on earth did that happen???

It's magic... :)

That's why I hardly go to uke stores....except HMS>>>> and the ukulele site....way too tempting...congrats on the new setup :):music:

I think you will be enormously pleased with the LP. Just got one and I'm more than a bit amazed.

I'm a bit worried though chaps...I STILL haven't bought a guitar pick up...this is all going to happen again isn't it? Maybe indefinitely or until my Bank account is empty!!!

I'm a bit worried though chaps...I STILL haven't bought a guitar pick up...this is all going to happen again isn't it? Maybe indefinitely or until my Bank account is empty!!!

Heh, heh. You're hooked. At this point the most reasonable thing is to sell you guitars to fund more ukulele purchases - so you don't need no stinkin' guitar pickup anyway! :biglaugh:

John

I bought a concert firefly banjolele today after going to the Flea Market Music website for no reason whatsoever. So I feel your pain.

I'm a fuss pot when it comes to sound quality and there is nothing about the sound quality of a pickup that will satisfy me. I use a microphone. An Audix VX5 hypercardoid condensor to be exact. I also use a K&K Sound Meridian Pro micophone + preamp at times too. The Meridian pro microphone mounts on the ukulele.

If you really insist on a pickup it has to be a top notch one that's fitted by someone who really know what they are doing. Me? I'm sticking with condensor microphones.

Anthony

I tend to agre with you there anthonyg. There is no way I would fit anything to a guitar myself, I would always have it done at a guitar shop.

Top Bottom