Baritone Uke

Johnny75

Reaction score
Just finished building a baritone uke. It's the third instrument I've built. The first two were guitaleles. The back, sides, and neck are maple, the top is spruce. The fretboard and bridge are bubinga. This was my first attempt at a color finish. It came out alright, but I like natural wood better. I did some further polishing after the pictures, it shines now. I'm going to try out true oil on the next one I think. This uke is more of a prototype and will be given to my father in the near future, although, this thing sounds amazing, I may not want to part with it until I build another one to replace it.

6-20-2013 015.jpg6-7-2013 011.jpg

Nice Uke Johnny75, Im trying to build my first Baritone as well...Love the shape of it as well. Good luck giving it away, I too do the same but if you give it away then your more incline to build another one right away!

Nice, did you have plans for this Bari?? What I'm curious to find out is if the tops (soundhole side) get proportionally thicker as the size of the uke increases from Soprano to Bari?

That looks very nice. It it a "thinline" style - not as deep a body as standard?
It's hard to tell in the photos.
I'm curious too if you had plans -if not then you did a great design job since it sounds great, because it sure looks nice.
-Vinnie in Juneau

Top Bottom