No Bettah Ukulele Imitators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moore Bettah Ukuleles

Reaction score
It looks like you can now buy ukuleles that look "sort of" like mine at a reduced price! (There is no mention of how they sound!)
Hurry down to your local Ayers dealer and put your order in now!
Below are just two examples from their crackerjack creative department. (In case you need help deciding which are the real deal, mine are the ones with the floral backgrounds.)

It's an odd world we're living in today. DSC_0037 copy.jpgDSC_0288.jpgDSC_0018 copy.jpgdrag.jpgI'm just saying......Sheesh!

Chuck

What a dilema as your pics are circulated all over the internet so taking them all down is impossible. I hope they don't copy mind!!

I understand why you have been uber secret about the Schmollo designs now.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but what a pain in the a..

Mitch

I guess they didn't bother to read your warning on the top of your Gallery pages.

And I guess they didn't copy the Phoenix, yet.

This absolutely sucks! Intellectual property... Will it ever be respected?

How sad. I think the saddest people though are the poor fools who buy crap like that. I mean, yeah, we'd all like to strangle the Chinese ripoff "artists" who churn out crap like that but at the end of the day people expect them to have no scruples whatsoever - it's been embedded in their culture and fostered by their government for generations now.

So, the ones I find saddest are the poor wanna-be suckers who should know better and should have more scruples but think that they're going to impress somebody by owning that trash. Well, come to that, I guess they will impress us...but not in any positive way.

John

I think the title is very fitting . . .

"Good artists copy great artists steal" but this is really just a poor facsimile.... would you be doing anything Chuck?

Wow, that is messed up!

Ayers Guitars even features a copy of Chuck's "Tree Frog" inlay as a story on their website about their Custom shop.
Very sad.

But do they have radiused fret boards?

How sad. I think the saddest people though are the poor fools who buy crap like that. I mean, yeah, we'd all like to strangle the Chinese ripoff "artists" who churn out crap like that but at the end of the day people expect them to have no scruples whatsoever - it's been embedded in their culture and fostered by their government for generations now.

Kind of like all the fake harley davidsons you see now. They all try to copy the look and feel of the HD. I've even seen people pull the badges off the tanks of yamahas and put Harley badges on, and wear Harley leather jackets.

Mr. Bettah, do you have the aesthetic positions of your design under copyright? I'm not sure how something like this is protected or if it can be but usually the aesthetic elements can be.

You could always send a polite letter requesting that their custom shop branch out into less closely derivative waters.

This is the main reason I don't buy Chinese Ukes of any sort. I hate 'em,yes, I said hate 'em. I have 0 zilch respect for the chinese (stealers)makers. All I have to say Chuck is, Grrrrrrrr. My condolences.

There are obviously legit Chinese manufacturers so I don't want to lump them together but definitely boycott Ayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom