Richard Young Custom Ukuleles

T

tomthebaptist

image.jpg

Richard Young is a local luthier living in the Greenville, SC area. He makes everything from classical guitars to hurdie gurdies (not sure of the spelling). Above are two of his custom built ukuleles that he made for me. The soprano is made of Honduran Rosewood, back and side with mahogany neck. The headstock overlay and fretboard are both Honduran Rosewood as well. The binding is Koa. The nut and saddle are bone - the bridge rosewood

The concert on the right[SUP][/SUP] is solid cherry, back, side and neck with rosewood fretboard and headstock overlay. The binding is rosewood. The nut and saddle are bone - the bridge rosewood.

The soprano is loud and punchy. The concert is a bit mellow and really sweet. Richard is very particular with intonation and both intonate very well all the way neck

The concert is my very own, one-of-a-kind, Tom Campbell signature model. How sweet is that?

TC

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Ooh, concert looks good! Does he make tenors?

Ooh, concert looks good! Does he make tenors?

Yes. He just finished a tenor made of saplele. I got to play it today - projects really well. He said that this one is already taken. What I like about his instruments is the neck. Very fast and smooth. I like the way it feels.

Does he have a site or a POC?

Top Bottom