My UAS is finally cured!!!

Ted4

Reaction score
This morning, thanks to Southern Ukulele Store and GAK. I took delivery of an Epiphone Les Paul Uke, and a Roland Mini-cube. Good old Fed-ex turned up bang on time too.

The Les Paul's nut needed fettling ( bloody rough ) and I took 2mm off the saddle, changed the strings and off I went.

Four hours later I still hadn't explored all the sound possibilities from this glorious uke/amp combination.

MY UAS IS OVER..the eternal quest has come to end. My life is complete etc etc................... .......or is it?roland.jpg

Congratulations! It looks great! Just a word of advice, though: UAS can go into remission, but it never completely goes away.

By the way, did the bird come with the Mini-cube?

This morning, thanks to Southern Ukulele Store and GAK. I took delivery of an Epiphone Les Paul Uke, and a Roland Mini-cube. Good old Fed-ex turned up bang on time too.

The Les Paul's nut needed fettling ( bloody rough ) and I took 2mm off the saddle, changed the strings and off I went.

Four hours later I still hadn't explored all the sound possibilities from this glorious uke/amp combination.

MY UAS IS OVER..the eternal quest has come to end. My life is complete etc etc................... .......or is it?

Till next time

Bridlington is the 'Las Vegas' of the north, but we do have one heck of a lot of puffins and seagulls. They get everywhere!

Last edited:
UAS can go into remission, but it never completely goes away.

That's beautiful. I'm using that the next time my girlfriend catches me eying some new ukes.

MY UAS IS OVER..the eternal quest has come to end. My life is complete etc etc................... .......or is it?View attachment 54822

I have two Epiphone Les Paul ukuleles. Your UAS isn't over.

Trust me.

-Kurt​

I have an LP, keep meaning to put bone nut/saddle on it. Was set up great, intonation decent. Love it.

Bridlington is the 'Las Vegas' of the north, but we do have one heck of a lot of puffins and seagulls. They get everywhere!

The Las Vegas of the north..You ARE joking, right? The last time I was at Brid, it was cold and windy and not a puffin in sight. Just sparse groups of parents huddled on the beach wearing anoraks (those puffy jackets), sitting in their deck chairs cuddling hot cups of tea while their kids were turning purple swimming in the North Sea. I remember winning pennies in the arcades, enjoying a Walls '99'. (A block of excellent vanilla ice cream with a Cadbury Flake stuck in it.) Such good times!

Enough of this waxing nostalgic...Congrats on your new uke!

Cured of UAS huh? Hmmm . . . With genuine UAS, it eventually becomes readily apparent that you cannot stop it, you can only hope to contain it. Now containment can take many different forms, but recognition and full disclosure of the addiction is the first step towards successful management. Those who proudly claim to have cured themselves of UAS are either firmly entrenched in denial or never really had truly succumbed to it in the first place.

As an aside, one effective UAS management strategy involves procuring membership in the Official Catch and Release Program. Such a program allows for living with the addiction without going to the poor house in the process.

There are other strategies as well which I will not bore you with at this juncture, but for now, allow me to offer my heartfelt congratulations on your "final" ukulele purchase.:)

Last edited:
Congratulations! I know you're gonna love it!

Nice. I picked up one of those Les Pauls in a local shop during the week...looks like a ton o' fun.

I've spent most of today at Beverley Folk Festival, and got to play a couple of banjo type Ukes, God they are LOUD! I may have to purchase one...

Aren't they just GREAT! The Les Paul was my latest one, and has become my 'take everywhere with me' uke. The strings are awful IMHO, so they need changing, and the saddle and bridge are poor quality in comparison to the rest of the build quality - but it's just SO good looking in every other way!

And it's a LES PAUL! :D

Update No67 - Couldn't stand the plastic nut and saddle,have now fitted bone replacements. I think the under saddle pick up is much more responsive now with the denser bone.

Oi Gillian!! Bridlington has now surpassed Las Vegas in all respects. We even had Jack White playing at The Spa a few months ago, and all our burger stalls proudly display their new Euro signs -'Now almost rectum free'. If you make it up here in August you will see how the place has developed since your last visit.!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom