Uke in the Rockies!

epohnaes

Reaction score
Hello!

I picked up a Lanakai Tenor Uke from an Orff Conference in November and have been playing it everyday since. I teach Montessori preschool, and use the ukulele to accompany my kiddos with nearly each song. If anyone has any children songs they love to hear on the uke, I'd like to know, as to expand my repertoire!

I have many talented musician friends here in Colorado who get together regulatory to jam, and it is my goal to find the knack to jam with them, via the awesome videos and threads. They play mostly bluegrass, so I don't think it will be that hard to fit in.

Thanks to those who provide and monitor this forum, I can foresee this being quite helpful!

epohanes

Welcome to UU. You mentioned kid's songs, this is a song I wrote that is sort of a kid's song, I guess I did steal a line from the old nursery rhyme. :) My wife teaches kindergarten-first grade, and she showed it to her kids, and she said they loved it, although probably mostly for the ladybug footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ5WSVza7eA

Aloha Epohanes, don't know your name??

Welcome to the UU forums and the ukulele...Yes yes you are on the best uke forums online...woo hoo we have the most friendly and nicest members around offering great
advice happy strummings Congrats on your new Lanikai tenor....we have a some awesome colorado members here too...:)

Aloha Howdy!

Colorado ukers unite!

It would be cool to have a get together somewhere. Ukers always seem to be such nice folks. It's hard to be mean while holding a ukulele!

Top Bottom