Cured: of string disease

UkeKiddinMe

Reaction score
I realize I seem to be cured of the string disease that struck when I first started playing uke.

There was another UAS Cure thread - which we all know is humorous :) - so I thought I'd post my string disease cure.

I was spending quite a bit of time looking at different strings.
I realize I haven't done that in quite some time now.
I settled on Aquila Nylguts. Pound for pound, they work for me.
They are comfortable, sound great, last, and are stable.

No more desire to mess with other stuff. My uke is set up with Nylguts, and there will be no more experiments. I swear. ;)

Congratulations! Welcome to the club. I've decided on different strings than you have, but the compulsion to search is over.

Same here. I'm embarrassed at how much money I've spent on my compulsive string experimentations. I too have settled on one string that does everything for me -- it happens to be for me, Martin Sop/Concert fluorocarbon strings. I think we all get caught up on marketing gimmicks and manipulations from time to time - at least I'm vulnerable to them. The cure for me has been to play the ukulele, and play through when it doesn't sound so good. Ukuleles are a lot like people, some days we feel good so we play good -- other days, not so good - but for most of us we work and play regardless of how we feel. And, the enjoyment and satisfaction comes from that.

Top Bottom