NUD Mya-Moe #1055

Tailgate

Reaction score
Got it Tuesday as promised. Beautiful workmanship. My first time to hear/play a MM. This one's a tenor. Tuned low G. Not sure about the stock strings, so I'll change them today to Living Water for a more mellow sound. Great sounding uke and worth the long wait (ordered in December). Hope my UAS is finished now... I've got a pretty good herd going.

Start Date: May 06, 2013
Completed: Jun 10, 2013
Master Grade Koa top, back & sides
Koa body binding
Koa rosette
High gloss polyester finish
Radiused Ebony fretboard with Koa binding & Abalone markers
Mahogany neck
Slotted Headstock with Schertler tuners
Solid Wood Headplate to Match Body
MiSi with LR Baggs undersaddle pickup

This one had a great cameo in one of Gordon's unscripted videos showing Aaron working on the soundboard

Attachments

• BACK.jpg
    BACK.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 108
  • SLOTHEAD.jpg
    SLOTHEAD.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 121
  • TOP.jpg
    TOP.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 130
Tail, that is a gorgeous uke. Stunning Koa.

I'm a gloss fan, and added more Tru Oil to my Mya Moe to make it blinded out. Mya moe likes to knock down the shine...i like shine. PM me if you want details, or not if you like yours as it is, shine-wise.

I have to say, the Mya Moes are amazing instruments. Truly amazing. The more I play mine, the more I love it.

Yours is superfantabulous.

Oh Bob, what a stunning looking instrument!!! Wow! Congratulations mate. All koa appointments? That wood is truly beautiful.

Oh Wow!!!

Stunningly beautiful instrument!

Congratulations on your new Mya-Moe.

That's so beautiful! :) Congratulations :) .

Thanks all... i'm enjoying the Living Water strings I just put on her. If I were to be pushed to describe her tone, it would be close to the Compass Rose walnut that I recently acquired. Sounds great on picking and strumming. Somewhat brighter than the koa Kanile'a Honu tenor which is much warmer sounding. I'm wondering if she'll open up a little down the road. Her body is somewhat smaller than the Kanile'a and slightly smaller than the CR. The craftsmanship continues to amaze me. I have hit the trifecta with the Kanile'a, the CR and now the MM. All great ukes... very blessed and satisfied, until the next UAS virus hits. Bob

Congratulations. A handsome instrument indeed. I could see myself with one of those just like it. ;-)>

Beautiful looking uke tailgate! Trying to match a uke with the perfect set of strings can be a challenge sometimes. It took the third set I tried on my custom Boat Paddle before I was satisfied. I hope the Living Waters work out well for you.

That looks great. Congrats!

BTW, and I'm showing my newbie stripes here, but what does 'NUD' mean?

I see this term used often in these forums, but I am unable to find a definition that does not imply 'nakedness'-without-the-'E'.

Please Help! LOL :)

That looks great. Congrats!

BTW, and I'm showing my newbie stripes here, but what does 'NUD' mean?

I see this term used often in these forums, but I am unable to find a definition that does not imply 'nakedness'-without-the-'E'.

Please Help! LOL :)

New Uke Day, booli. And welcome

Beautiful looking uke tailgate! Trying to match a uke with the perfect set of strings can be a challenge sometimes. .

Totally agree! If the LW don't make the MM sing for me, I'll try some T2's. I ordered a couple of set after I read on UU that Aldrine uses them. I won't come within miles make them sound like he does, but they might be the next to try.

That's really nice.

wow...that's the prettiest Mya-Moe ukulele I've ever seen! Congratulations!!!

Stunning! Hope she serves you well for many, many years.

Top Bottom