PDA

View Full Version : If u can meet one UU'er, who?

coolkayaker1
06-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Question: If you could met only one UU member that you have never met in person before, who would it be and why?

:rolleyes:

Tigeralum2001
06-22-2013, 07:53 AM
dkcrown. We had a business transaction and he was a really cool guy; it truly couldn't have gone better from my perspective. Plus, I read his posts and he just seems like a great dude.

Gadzukes!
06-22-2013, 07:53 AM
Chuck Moore. And I already met him.

I'm not saying this because of his celebrity, I'm saying it because I got the chance to meet him and found him to truly embody the spirit of "aloha."

Tigeralum2001
06-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Chuck Moore. And I already met him.

I'm not saying this because of his celebrity, I'm saying it because I got the chance to meet him and found him to truly embody the spirit of "aloha."
I agree, but I already met him! He is full of Aloha and a genuinely great guy. He and his wife are wonderful people.

That said, play by the rules! ;)

Markr1
06-22-2013, 08:01 AM
I wish I could say just one Steve but there are two that are equal to me and that's MMStan and DKCrown and all for the same reasons. They have both been great friends to me on this forum and I have always gone to them for any advice and trust their judgement 100%. They have both helped me thru some tough times.
Also a plus is they both have some great ukes and I would love to play some of them. Lol.

haolejohn
06-22-2013, 08:08 AM
Stan. I think it is evident as to why.

Pondoro
06-22-2013, 08:15 AM
MGM - bought two ukes from him.

BIGDB
06-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Probably aldrine guerrero

d-mace
06-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Eugene for me...

greyghost
06-22-2013, 09:03 AM
Mim. I've bought two ukes from her, both of them very smooth and fast transactions in which I got the best customer service ever--and she just seems like a very cool person that I'd get along with well.

ukeeku
06-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Ryan. he never shows up anywhere.
I feel lucky that I have met most people I want to know that are on UU.
Would love to meet crabbers in person too

haolejohn
06-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Eugene for me...

I almost put Jon, but realistically my chances if getting to Australia are slim:(

UkeKiddinMe
06-22-2013, 09:39 AM
A bunch of people.

There are lots of interesting, fun people here.

coolkayaker1
06-22-2013, 09:43 AM

You and Seeso know more UUers than anyone, I think, Tim.

consitter
06-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Well...um....you, Steve! Who else??

erivel
06-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Well if I had to pick one I guess it would have to be...

PedalFreak
06-22-2013, 10:08 AM
I'd have to visit my friend Stan, haven't met in person before. And why? Because he is good people :)

Dan Uke
06-22-2013, 11:38 AM
MY ANSWER WOULD NOT BE STAN!!!

(it's because I already met him and enjoyed every minute!!!)

seeso
06-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Veep. We have been online friends for a long time and have never met. I want to see what he's like in real life.

seeso
06-22-2013, 01:57 PM

I want to meet Ryan, too. Krabbers is totally cool, he went to UWC I.

Lexxy
06-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Andrew Kitakis, and also the UU crew. Amazing people!

Tailgate
06-22-2013, 02:11 PM
+ 1 for Jon (Eugene).. would love to visit Tasmania

rem50
06-22-2013, 02:30 PM
+2 for jon. Love his style of strumming, really think he is one of the best all around strummers there are, and because he seems like a good guy.

Kayak Jim
06-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Jon for me too because of his presence here, but if I could have a second it would be another Jo(h)n, the OldPhart. His replies to threads are always very informative and well thought out.

haolejohn
06-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Veep. We have been online friends for a long time and have never met. I want to see what he's like in real life.

That would be a good one too.

OldePhart
06-22-2013, 02:54 PM
And speaking of that OldePhart (grin AND blush)...

I've been fortunate enough to meet quite a few UUers the last three years at UWC. I don't think I could pick just one out of the remaining ones I haven't met because there are several who I would go very far out of my way for the opportunity to hang out with for a while. The funny thing is, at UWC I discovered that I really "clicked" with some of the people I wouldn't have thought all that likely from strictly online contact and others who I thought would be really cool to hang with were nice folks but we just didn't have that chemistry in person.

So, my advice would be, if you get a reasonable chance to lay an eyeball on any UU member, take it! :)

John

SailingUke
06-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Eugene for me...
me too !!! love his music.

coolkayaker1
06-22-2013, 04:20 PM
I discovered that I really "clicked" with some of the people I wouldn't have thought all that likely from strictly online contact and others who I thought would be really cool to hang with were nice folks but we just didn't have that chemistry in person.

So, my advice would be, if you get a reasonable chance to lay an eyeball on any UU member, take it! :)

John

These are all pretty interesting answers. Sort of like Six Degrees of Separation.

That chemistry thing may well be true, John. Like dating. "Well, he looked really steamy on his profile and pic, but in person....(sticks finger in back of throat and gags)."

(notice I stayed gender friendly to our female UU'ers with that quote...lol)

Skitzic
06-22-2013, 04:40 PM
I have been lucky with regards to meeting UUers. Besides the UU staff (because who wouldn't meet them if given the chance?? :D) I'd like to meet Stan.

Someday dude, some day. :)

ukemunga
06-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Eventually, we could strum a few notes, and then get back to talking about the next course for lunch.

Aha! My kind of uker. Bon appetit! Beware of greasy fingers...

ukemunga
06-22-2013, 05:39 PM
I have been lucky with regards to meeting UUers.

Met you. Was a pleasure! Never managed to get together and jam. :(

VI!!!

ksiegel
06-22-2013, 05:59 PM
I've met a few members.
Live near Fitncrafty, see her at least weekly.
TCK & TCW drove a couple of hundred miles to meet me and my wife last year around Thanksgiving - great folks!
Gary Yoshida - who it turns out was a year or two ahead of my wife in high school
Gillian.
Rick Turner.
BrUKEman.

All great folks - hope I didn't leave anyone out.

So if I could meet ANY UU member, who would it be?

Yes. Everyone.

(Except for that one jerk... Just Kidding!)

-Kurt

Tudorp
06-23-2013, 03:58 AM
This is a "loaded" question, and has the makings of turning into a huge "populariety" contest. That said, I wouldn't want to answer it. I have a member in mind that I would love to meet, but at the same time, there are several fokes here that I have became virtual freinds with, and would love to meet someday in person. Im not so sure I could narrow it down to just one...

Ed Gilkison
06-23-2013, 04:28 AM
Hi Tudorp!

Thanks for the invite!

- When/if I get out of Lakebay, and over to Michigan , I'll for sure come visit - love to meet you !

Today though - I'm driving up to Port Townsend and meeting 'Thomas' - the maker of 'Makapili' ukulele's ! : )

Best Wishes from the 'Lazy G Ranch'

Ed G

PS - Brother is still working at the cabinet shop and packing home lots of shi* er pardon 'wood' are you still at the same place - I'll post ya a 'care' package - ; )

Tudorp
06-23-2013, 05:04 AM
Im still in the same place. Things didn't work out for my new shop. I could never get my house sold (the way the market was, I wasn't going to give it away). So, I'm still in the same place... Good to hear from ya.

Hi Tudorp!

Thanks for the invite!

- When/if I get out of Lakebay, and over to Michigan , I'll for sure come visit - love to meet you !

Today though - I'm driving up to Port Townsend and meeting 'Thomas' - the maker of 'Makapili' ukulele's ! : )

Best Wishes from the 'Lazy G Ranch'

Ed G

PS - Brother is still working at the cabinet shop and packing home lots of shi* er pardon 'wood' are you still at the same place - I'll post ya a 'care' package - ; )

Mandalyn
06-23-2013, 05:34 AM
I want to meet Jon too! And jam with him too!
I was lucky enough to meet a lot of awesome people at UWC this year. I want to see them all again! I love knowing what people's voices sound like when I read the threads.

Newportlocal
06-23-2013, 06:45 AM
I need to do the Hawaii vacation tour go to Oahu meet MMStan and Len go out to eat somewhere cool, and go to HMS with them. Then fly over and stay at Chuck Moore's house/bed and breakfast resort.:D

dkcrown
06-23-2013, 07:15 AM
I couldn't stick to the rules and just pick one. I would certainly like to meet CJ(tigeralum) and Mark(markr1), both who named me. I feel that I know them somewhat from our PM's. Same goes with Chuck Moore. Even though we have never met in person or spoken on the phone, we probably have traded a hundred emails over the last four years. (Come to think of it, he's probably sick of me!) We share the same birthday and, I'm sorry to say, the same wise ass sense of humor. We both get to earn a living being creative and share a dislike for our ex-wives!

Alan, Stan, DocJ, Jon (eugene), Daniel (Nongdam), Jeff (digerdoo), John (haolejon), Steve (stevelele), Steve(coolkayaker),Randy(AKuker), Staci (wickedwahine11), Chris (Nuprin) and Matt (soupking) would have to be on my list as well. I'm sure that I have left some people out.

Dan Uke
06-23-2013, 07:24 AM
I couldn't stick to the rules and just pick one. I would certainly like to meet CJ(tigeralum) and Mark(markr1), both who named me. I feel that I know them somewhat from our PM's. Same goes with Chuck Moore. Even though we have never met in person or spoken on the phone, we probably have traded a hundred emails over the last four years. (Come to think of it, he's probably sick of me!) We share the same birthday and, I'm sorry to say, the same wise ass sense of humor. We both get to earn a living being creative and share a dislike for our ex-wives!

Alan, Stan, DocJ, Jon (eugene), Daniel (Nongdam), Jeff (digerdoo), haolejon, Steve (stevelele), Steve(coolkayaker) and Matt (soupking) would have to be on my list as well. I'm sure that I have left some people out.

hahaha...thanks my brother from a different mother! You probably left some people out...that's why I stated who I wouldn't want to meet for the first time since I already met that person and that eliminates one of my answers.

I've met a few people so far from UU and they are all great people!

Tsani
06-23-2013, 08:48 AM
There are many, but I would really like to meet Ken Middleton. His breadth of skill, experience, and his aloha spirit make him a rock star in my book.

Nickie
06-23-2013, 02:54 PM
There's a lot of you I'd like to meet! I already met Mim, and would locve to see her again. I saw Steve Boisen last night, what a nice guy. I saw JT a couple of weeks ago....the next one I'd love to meet is Stan....he sounds like the greatest guy, always caring....and knows a lot about ukes!

strumsilly
06-23-2013, 03:43 PM
someone [I'm not saying who] in HI. always wanted to go there.love to get by and meet the Koaloha folks too. talked the them on the phone, sound like lovely people.want to try those craz yHI hotdogs . maybe someday,

uke552
06-23-2013, 05:13 PM
I was wondering when Ken would be mentioned...Ken and Jon for me and a guy I don't see much anymore (I think his name is ukisociety (Alan) or something similar), big influence on me when I was starting out-cool videos and seems to be just a great person!)

dkcrown
06-25-2013, 05:08 AM
OMG how could I forget Staci? (red face):)

Barbablanca
06-25-2013, 05:45 AM
I'm really lucky that I will get to meet a few people from "The Seasons" this summer! On my US Tour I'll be meeting up with Alan (Decaturcomp), Mike (from Mainland Ukes) and Fred (FrisbeeFred)... I'm also going to meet another few people who I only know from another Forum I have been on for about six years.

One day I'd love to get over and meet Brian (Pabrizzer) and Jon (Eugene) in Oz. But, basically, I don't think there's anyone on the "Seasons" who I wouldn't like to meet. Of course, whether the electricity will sparkle or fizzle out is another issue, as has been pointed out.

Skitzic
06-25-2013, 06:27 AM
Met you. Was a pleasure! Never managed to get together and jam. :(

VI!!!

Bahaha! Don't feel bad. I don't think I jammed at all on the field. Too much talking going on! Yeah, that's right...talking. :D

VI it is!

wayfarer75
06-25-2013, 06:30 AM
I want to meet everyone. Let's all go to UWC next year. :)

bbycrts
06-25-2013, 06:39 AM
Way too many great people to select just one!

hoosierhiver
06-25-2013, 06:43 AM
Aside from the folks I've already met and the ones mentioned already. I'd like to meet John Keoni Pak

strumsilly
06-25-2013, 06:47 AM
I was wondering when Ken would be mentioned...Ken and Jon for me and a guy I don't see much anymore (I think his name is ukisociety (Alan) or something similar), big influence on me when I was starting out-cool videos and seems to be just a great person!)

regarding ukisociety , he looks to be pretty busy. [ps. I bought the Martin]
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?82239-FS-1950-s-1960-s-Martin-Style-0-soprano-repost-with-new-photos

UKISOCIETY
06-25-2013, 06:55 AM

Thanks! That means a lot to me. :)

UKISOCIETY
06-25-2013, 06:57 AM
regarding ukisociety , he looks to be pretty busy. [ps. I bought the Martin]
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?82239-FS-1950-s-1960-s-Martin-Style-0-soprano-repost-with-new-photos

I sold my Martin mainly because I predict one of my 4 kids would eventually sit on it or crack it. I can collect (and protect) vintage ukes when they've grown up.

Uke Republic
06-25-2013, 07:44 AM
Thats like saying if you could only have one ukulele!:D
I've had the pleasure of meeting many at festivals, in store, meet ups and so many great conversations on the phone. Garsh! I want to meet em all! Ukulele players are really some of the nicest people around.

strumsilly
06-25-2013, 07:52 AM
I sold my Martin mainly because I predict one of my 4 kids would eventually sit on it or crack it. I can collect (and protect) vintage ukes when they've grown up.

ha ha, I'll probably be too old to play by then, I'll be ready to sell it back to you.

TG&Y
06-25-2013, 08:36 AM
I'm shy - which lets me off the hook. Whew.