Dehumidifier for damp student room

redsedge

Reaction score
I realise most of you folk suffer from the opposite problem, but wondered if anyone has any recomendations. My son's Fylde Falstaff is suffering from being in his student let and we're looking for a dehumidifier to soak up some of the damp. Last summer when he was away, his bedding and clothes developed mould, as did his Ovation guitar and case (which are now safe at my house). In winter the problem is worse, but at least he's there most of the time.

Anyone got any experience with dehumidifiers? It only has to tackle one room, although it's quite a large room. Cheers!

We used one room dehumidifiers in the basement of our home when I was younger. It made it more comfortable in the muggy summers and prevented mold and mildew. As I remember, you had to empty the water every day from a cup in the dehumidifier. Ric

I don't have experience with any brands of dehumidifiers, but I'm finding that the reviews on Amazon for other products are pretty acurate. I would check there first and find a model with a good review and then price shop locally. Here's a link to the search results:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...words=dehumidifier&sprefix=dehumidi&x=16&y=12

The one thing I'd look for is the room capacity - make sure it matches up to his room. Also, try to get one with the Energy Star logo - they're a little more expensive but you'll save on electricity, and you'll be doing something good for the environment. ;)

EDIT - just noticed you are in the UK. Here is the UK link:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss...words=dehumidifier&sprefix=dehumidi&x=16&y=12

There are many types of dehumidifiers available in the market...

You can choose the right one for you...

Re:(Dehumidifier for damp student room)

Last year I was facing the problem of damp basement. I used a lot of water proofing techniques. However, the problem was not so small, so I used dehumidifier for basement. Now there are no damp areas in a basement. I suggest to all to use dehumidifier if you are not able to handling damp area problem.

Top Bottom