NEW/OLD (FREE) Baritone Uke Day

pdxuke

Reaction score
So I walked around the huge annual garage sale (140 houses) that my neighborhood holds, and spot an Orpheus baritone uke with the back almost off. Fellow gives it to me, since he knows I'm a Barry lover.

Glued it, strung it with a pair of Martin Barry strings, and presto--a picnic beater!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Anybody know anything about these? It sounds pretty good!

Excellent! Congratulations! I hope you get many years of delightful play out of it. Can't beat the price! Can you give me a comparison of your baritones? I have a Favilla, and I am shopping for another baritone for my son. We are playing duets and I would like him to have a baritone of his own so that my Favilla doesn't have to back and forth between my house and his apartment. I tried to order him a Kala baritone on ebay, and what they sent me was a concert, so I am still shopping. I have seen Silvertone and Harmony baritones on the market recently, and there are always Kalas available.

It would depend on your son's age, but I would grab another Silvertone in a minute. Great little uke, good proportions, comfortable neck. I have mine strung linear in C from Southcoast.

I love my Favilla, but the neck is chunky and it's a good thing I have long fingers :)

The Kamaka and Martin are both excellent instruments but on the higher end of the $ scale.

So, again, if it were me, I'd grab a Silvertone. I enjoy the heck out of mine.

Free is awfully hard to beat. :)

Congrats!

Top Bottom