When will UAS end?

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I had decided a while back that my favorite size uke was concert. I purchased a KoAloha sceptre (from dkcrowne) a while back and love it. I could have stopped there but no. I then decided I needed a custom soprano. Needless to say I got one. THEN I wanted to try a tenor so I ordered a Boat Paddle kayak. Now I want to get more tenor ukes. What is wrong with me? I have a great ukes in each size and still want more. I really should get rid of my lower end ukes. (did I mention I acquired a few extras along the way?) When will this all end? Is there a perfect uke out there that will somehow end my acquiring???? If so, tell me what it is so I can end this misery!!!!!

When will UAS end? After the zombie apocalypse. There's no other way to escape from it.

After the zombie apocalypse? I beg to differ good madam.

While noise discipline will be important, morale lifting will quickly become an elusive commodity. Once a group has met their basic needs, entertainment will become king. What lifts a spirit more than a good ukulele, right? People will start becoming purely musicians, but due to the lack of traveling, they'll have to constantly improve or change their "act." Hence the need for a new ukulele, the perfect ukulele. Also, since their music will be the very thing keeping them alive, their UAS will be insatiable.

The next ukulele will be searched for like the holy grail of old.

From one UAS sufferer to another: Koalohas, Mya Moes, vintage Martins, Ko'Olaus --- come over to my house, rem50, and I'll show them all to you.

dsc01890.jpg

There will always be a newer/different Uke that draws your attention. But the key to ending UAS is being content with what you have and focusing on playing.

Just my .02

Sorry, it's a "Chronic" condition

UAS always ends after the most recent purchase.

But then it starts up again. There is no real cure but you can go into remission when funds run short.

I have to say I think you are absolutely correct. I do get frustrated as a player. Oh, and I am NOT a collector..... or at least I am trying not to be!
It will slowdown a lot when you get to a level where you are happy as a player and decide that the way to improve your playing is by playing, not buying.
Unless you designate yourself as a collector as well as a player.

Nothing wrong with buying more ukes....main thing it doesn't cause fights in the marriage because of empty bank accounts....:)

I think UAS evolves and doesn't die easily.

Yep...it's like those antibiotic resistant viruses...in more ways than one. Just as you are more likely to get an antibiotic resistant infection in the hospital you are more likely to come down with UAS the more you hang out in uke stores or on uke forums...

John

Well, I'm just getting started here...and having a great time. Selling all my old (stereo)audio gear and funding UAS. Reminds me of my early days of buying all that audio stuff. I had a listening room not attached to the house behind the garage that I could stash all my stuff. At one time I had 6-8 set of speakers in the 3-10K range and assorted amps, preamps, turntables, cables and etc., all purchased from well known audio site, all preowned, so I didn't lose my shirt when I finally settled on a system. Hoping that will happen with ukes here. Started out with Lanikai, and Oscar Schmidt and quickly moving up the food chain!
Current uke list to follow...

I have UAST right now. The "T" is for tenor. I would like to get another. I am trying to trade off a concert and soprano for a tenor in the marketplace as we speak! Hope there is a taker. Whoever does is getting a couple great ukes!

Top Bottom