Why do you like the Seasons?

frisbee fred

Reaction score
I've been participating for about 7 months now and I see a lot of people trying to work in their videos around their busy lives and schedules. What are the things you like about participating in the Seasons?

I started off barely able to play and it gives me a reason to practice. Everyone was very positive when I started so I've kept it up. Personally, I have learned basics like strumming patterns and chord changes by watching some of the more advanced players. As a side benefit I've made a few friends (see you in a couple weeks, Berni). And even those I haven't corresponded with I feel like I've gotten to know (if you haven't seen Pa's vacation video around Australia I highly recommend it).

So, why do you keep doing it?

The Seasons are motivation and inspiration for me.

Yes, but that's only good for the winners :drool:

Surely, there is more to the Seasons than just $?

Seriously, I like seeing what the new theme is each Sunday. Sometimes I have an idea of what I want to do, other times I don't. The seasons got me into the whole poem-song thing. If I didn't have a song idea for a certain season, I'd Google poems for the theme and work on coming up with chord progressions that would work. It's been lots of fun participating in the seasons and I don't see any reason for it to end soon. :)

I'm in it to win it...just kidding! :) I've never won one. I just do it for fun. It's a challenge for me to see if I can come up with a song and record it quickly, like when my wife takes the kids to the store or they're all out playing with the neighbors, or when they're all asleep!

I thought I had no time when I had one kid, now that there's two its even more tricky. But I truly enjoy the comradery and the great videos that the Seasonistas churn out every week!

I thought I had no time when I had one kid, now that there's two its even more tricky.

Wait til you get three. Though by the time I got three my feeling was "Well, I can't work more than all the time....."

I agree, Eric, I enjoy the camaraderie.

I started off just glad to have a largely English speaking audience to pitch my own compositions at. But that is now very much a secondary motivation since the Seasons have become a real community for me. I love listening to as many videos as I can manage and appreciating the skills of some of the really great players here (Val and Eugene, to name but two). I love the partnerships (We Tigers, Ukelites, TCK & Partner). I'm excited by seeing how certain individuals have really improved over time! Plus, I'm learning too, especially from Pabrizzer's Blues Videos!

In short, the Seasons have become an inspiration and a genuine source of friendship and support! That's why I'm hooked! Viva los seasonistas!

See you soon Fred (and family) :cool:

Just a few of the reasons I love the Seasons:

• I love the challenge of finding a new song to learn, play, and record every week, and I love seeing how everyone else responds to each challenge.
  • Watching everyone get better and better each week is a great source of inspiration.
  • I love letting my fellow Seasonistas know what I like about their videos :) although I don't always have as much time as I'd like to do so :(
  • I'm always excited to see who wins each Season.
I could go on and on. Thanks again to chrimess for starting this crazy thing, and thanks to everyone who keeps it going!!

i love the characters in seasons, hats, pets, family,location, etc, i try and learn from seasons, some great talent,
i do the seasons for fun, i can only do certain seasons bacause i have'nt the skill to do everyone,

Just a few of the reasons I love the Seasons:

• I love the challenge of finding a new song to learn, play, and record every week, and I love seeing how everyone else responds to each challenge.
  • Watching everyone get better and better each week is a great source of inspiration.
  • I love letting my fellow Seasonistas know what I like about their videos :) although I don't always have as much time as I'd like to do so :(
  • I'm always excited to see who wins each Season.
I could go on and on. Thanks again to chrimess for starting this crazy thing, and thanks to everyone who keeps it going!!

This pretty much sums it up for me also. I think it also motivates me to play more, which in the end is good for getting better.

I really enjoy the challenge of finding a song, arranging it, learning it and recording it over the course of a week. Learning a new song every week has done loads for me as a player and as a singer, and seeing what other people come up with always pushes me to raise my own personal bar. And I love seeing other folks rise to the challenge as well.

Plus, come on, it's another excuse to hang out on UU! And to meet and play with some of those folks in real life, at UWC, is a real trip. Super fun!

I like the seasons because I like bending the rules. Also, I like the challenge of having to be as creative as possible within limits. Also, I like watching everybody else be really creative and do cool things. Also, the Seasonistas are a pretty classy bunch.

The seasons of the uke have been inspirational. Helped me to discover songs I don't think I'd even have considered playing before that particular season. The seasons also inspire me to write new songs and...your like my own personal audience...and I am yours. I love listening to all the talented singers and songwriters here. A big "Thank You" to all who participate. You are all winners :)

I've only participated for a few weeks now. All the reasons stated are valid for me, but the order might be slightly different.

1. Social benefits - It's been a great way to form some contacts within this great community.
2. Motivation - its a great excuse to try new things in a supportive and nurturing environment
3. Inspiration - Seeing all of your song choices, different approaches to these songs makes them all new again. You can learn so much just by watching someone else do it differently than you would. Not better or worse - just... different
4. Recreation - its DAMN FUN!!

Cheers!

Not to cop out but I dig all of the answers so far.
Mostly its the collegial nature of the community.
I dig that everyone is striving to improve and improving.
I feel honored to be considered a friend by all of you.
PLUS UWC was a lot more fun this year knowing that some of you kids were going to be there.
I still wish I'd gotten us to sing the Myrna Theme Theme Theme song that I added some stuff to.
UWC VI for sure, right?

Thanks to everyone. Yer a sterling bunch.

:D Which rules?? Hardly any rules here......

I must say that you were the one that inspired me to try to multi-track after I saw your awesome end of year summation video!

Well, I like trying to extend the seasons theme to something that it probably shouldn't apply to. It's fun!

And good on you, being a multi-tracking beast! Is there a video of your first multi-track on the interwebs?

I've read this entire thread...
...and have no idea what you are all talking about :confused:

Would someone please post a link?

Top Bottom