Gold Tone Banjolele Deluxe gig bag dimensions - anyone?

Flyinby

Reaction score
I bought a Lanikai banjolele recently from Butler Music, and since it was a 'blem' it came with no case or bag. They don't appear to be available anywhere, not even at Lanikai's site, and the only banjolele case I've seen available by itself is the Gold Tone Deluxe gig bag (for the deluxe model with resonator).

I believe this is soprano neck, and mine is a concert, so I'm wondering if there's a chance it would fit, and before I order one and hope, thought I'd ask here if anyone has one of these bags they could measure inside (the length).

My banjolele is 25" from end to end, resonator to headstock, which I think is 1-2 inches more than the Gold Tone, so if you have one and would be willing to measure the inside length, I'd appreciate it.

I've been using a baritone uke case for it, and the head fits (barely), but it's a good 6" too long, so I'm hoping the Gold Tone case will work.

Have you contacted Goldtone? Usually great customer service.

I thought I'd finish this thread with the answer, in case the question comes up in a search; No, it won't fit. The member selling his Gold Tone banjolele was nice enough to measure the bag, and it just barely fits the Gold tone. No chance of it fitting the concert-necked Lanikai.

Didn't get a reply from a web inquiry at Gold Tone about the bag's dimensions; Lanikai did reply the following day about what cases/bags are available, however they only gave me a link to a hard case for it, which would be OK except it also says it's out of stock, on order with no estimate of delivery. Not a trace of another one on a Google search. I let them know their referenced page said it was out of stock, and no reply, so I guess I'll either have to build one or make do with the baritone gig bag's poor fit. Customer service ain't what it used to be.

Top Bottom