Kamaka Baritone Day

cletus

Reaction score
I found this Kamaka white label baritone today. It's in phenomenal condition. The lady selling it said it was her son's, that she had been storing it for him for years, and that he had said for her to get rid of it. She said that she knew that it was worth more than she was asking, but she just wanted it gone. It came with a case, and a pack of La Bella strings with Roy Smecks picture in it ($3 price tag).

Anybody have an idea of what year this was made?

Attachments

• Kamaka Baritone 002.jpg
    Kamaka Baritone 002.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Kamaka Baritone 006.jpg
    Kamaka Baritone 006.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Kamaka Baritone 011.jpg
    Kamaka Baritone 011.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Kamaka Baritone 017.jpg
    Kamaka Baritone 017.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 68
Great looking Mr. Bar E. Tone. Congrats!

Looks to be a 1976 - 1980 kamaka baritone...in mint condition...probally about 700- 750 because of it condition...Great score..congrats....wow

Looks to be a 1976 - 1980 kamaka baritone...in mint condition...probally about 700- 750 because of it condition...Great score..congrats....wow

Thanks, Stan. I figured you would know how old it is. I appreciate it. The geared tuners made me think it was older, according to things I see on youtube.

It was pretty much in tune, just a couple of very light strum marks, no dings. I think it was hardly played at all before he stuck it in the case and forgot about it.

What Strings to use?

Congratulations! I love Kamaka baritones!

Thanks! Looks like my wife wants to start playing it. She wants to use a low G setup, and I'm wondering which strings? I've been using Worth strings for some time and I like Southcoast as well.

Any suggestions?

:cheers:

I'd use lighter guage strings if she is a beginner, better finger feel and playabilty and more comfortable....maybe martins....she is probally a strummer....

Last edited:
I'd use lighter guage strings if she is a beginner, better finger feel and playabilty and more comfortable....maybe martins....she is probally a strummer....

:bowdown: Thanks again, Stan!

I've never used Martin strings...is there a particular set that is best?

:eek:ld:

Top Bottom