PDA

View Full Version : Want to be in our SEASONISTAS ANTHEM video?

Pages : [1] 2

GinnyT11
06-24-2013, 06:04 PM
We're making a Seasonistas Anthem video!

In Season 57, I posted a song for which I had rewritten lyrics to make it about ukers. Several people said it seemed almost like a Seasonistas anthem. Well, now—because of the generosity and mad skillz of 23skidoo (Bill)—it CAN be, and we can all play it TOGETHER! I've revised the lyrics even further and now call it "I'd Like to Teach the World to Strum."

If you've posted a video you made specifically for a Seasons challenge, you're a Seasonista, and you're ALL invited to participate in a multi-tracked video singing this song! Bill will take all these contributions and do some Skidoo-studio magic with sound levels, video quality, multi-tracking and multiple windows to create a fuller, fancier music video—woo hoo! (If you haven't seen Bill's studio tricks, check out this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4QKKqjt2y8) or this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ipxRJW6OuQw).)

Here's how it will work...
It’s not too complicated and doesn’t require special equipment—all you need is a computer, a video camera or webcam, earbud or headphones, an ukulele, and your individual Seasoning!

1 – Download the PDF document at this link: https://www.box.com/s/4y5874ampeh8qcdljxbj
This is the lyrics and chord changes for the song.

2 – Download the audio file at this link: https://www.box.com/s/9yv0ys81z63ydgjst290
This is a recording of Bill playing and singing the song.
Here's an additional click track: https://www.box.com/s/lt857znzmcbhbc55na7s
For this to be possible, we’re all going to have to be on the same page, and this audio file is the foundation upon which we will build our ukulele masterpiece!
The idea is simple: with Bill’s recording going in your ear, play and sing along with him while you’re making your own video. This way, the tempo and tuning will all be the same and he can combine the various tracks more easily.

3 – Set up your recording equipment. Any quality of recording is encouraged—use whatever set up you usually use and we can make it work! The only consideration is volume—please make sure your recording is as loud as you can easily make it.

4 – Get some headphones. You’ll need to listen to Bill’s base track while you’re recording your video, but we only want to hear you and not his original recording in your contribution. Headphones aren’t pretty, but there really is no other way to play along with the base track without hearing it in your video. If you have an mp3 player, it may be easier to listen to the file that way. If you need help figuring out how to listen to the track and play along at the same time, just let Bill know.

5 – Get in tune. The audio file has tuning reference notes at the beginning so we’ll all be in tune.

6 – LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION! Record your contribution, playing along with Bill.
~Record in your customary spot (car, attic, music room, study) so we'll recognize you in a brief clip.
~Feel free to sing harmony, especially on the choruses.
~If your recording has back lighting that overwhelms your face, consider re-doing it, as it will look different than the other videos.

7 – Upload your video to YouTube. Feel free to make the video ‘unlisted,’ but not ‘private’ (we can’t use it that way). Please include your UU username in your video title—this will make it easier for Bill to keep track of all the file names.
NOTE: There has been some concern lately about matched-content notifications from YouTube. Don't worry (says Bill)—that shouldn't be a concern for this project. The title and lyrics are different and the YouTube copyright protection scan won't take notice of the similar chord progression.

8 – Post your video by AUGUST 7. Post it in this thread or send the link to 23skidoo in a PM.

That’s it! If you have technical questions, don’t hesitate to ask Bill, either here in the thread or by private message. Also, if you need either of the downloadable files in a different format, shoot him a PM.

Let's rock, Seasonistas!

Ginny + Bill

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Submissions: 55 of us! 23skidoo, 29moons, alemarco, austin1, barbablanca, barefootgypsy, bird's eye view of my uke, bonesigh; caukulele(&Ray), chrimess, CTurner, decaturcomp, Dougf, DWitt, electrauke, elmann, erivel, filipinouker, frisbee fred(&Audrey), GaryC1968, GinnyT11, glass, J-Peg, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, ksiegel, librainian, mattydee, mikef, myrnaukulele, ombracorta, peewee, pootsie, Pueo, Raygf, southside mike, strumsilly, TCK, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, thesillydave, TheUkeBloke, Tootler, Uke4ia, Ukelites, UkeyDave, ukuleledaddy, ukuleledaveey, ukuLily Mars, ukuloonie, UncleMoon, wallyboy, we tigers, wolfchs, xommen, ~dave~~wave~

14 women contributors: alemarco; (ffred&)Audrey; austin1; barefootgypsy, bird's eye view of my uke; bonesigh; caukulele; filipinouker; GinnyT11; myrnaukulele; ukuLily Mars; wolfchs, 1/2 of Ukelites; 1/2 of we tigers

Parade of U.S. States: Alaska, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin

Parade of Nations: Australia, Canada, Catalonia, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Philippines, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Playlist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DjsIObjyStY)

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
06-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Ah, a virtual jam. Sounds fun!

erivel
06-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Cool! I'm in!

we tigers
06-24-2013, 07:29 PM
Count me in! Cool project!

ukuloonie
06-24-2013, 08:16 PM
ill give it a go

decaturcomp
06-25-2013, 01:09 AM
gave it a couple of tries last night. nothing I'm delighted with yet.

a couple of notes from my experience:
-I failed to note that the 2 chorus repeat is two (2) repeats of the FIRST verse only and not the first and second. (My bad but might help others)
-The "That's the song I hear" line begins very quickly after the preceding line. I missed it the first couple of times. I'd say, just be ready to jump.
-It did occur to me (given our proclivity for costumes, hats etc) to make two passes at this in different garb thereby increasing the number of looks that could be gleaned from a limited number of Seasonistas. If this just increases the complexity for Bill and isn't useful I apologize for suggesting it. Move along please. Nothing to see here.
-This is fun

GinnyT11
06-25-2013, 03:29 AM
We have 118 Seasonistas who have joined the Seasonistas group, and I have a list of another 18 who have contributed but not joined whom I'm contacting.
I'm hoping we might get as many as 40 players involved. But it could be our version of "We Are the World" and have loads of ukers playing.

pootsie
06-25-2013, 05:32 AM
I don't get to season as often as I'd like, but I WANNA BE IN THIS

strumsilly
06-25-2013, 05:44 AM
cool, I'll try it, one stupid question regarding "Feel free to sing harmony, especially on the choruses." I really don't see a part that repeats like a chorus. well that's not even really a question.:confused:

23skidoo
06-25-2013, 05:50 AM
cool, I'll try it, one stupid question regarding "Feel free to sing harmony, especially on the choruses." I really don't see a part that repeats like a chorus. well that's not even really a question.:confused:

strum - I meant the 'that's the song I hear' part.... if you listen to the original, there are those great early 70's harmonies throughout the whole tune, but that refrain would be an ideal spot for harmony, I think. Not sure if we can swing it, but we've got some great vocalists in the Seasons - figured I'd put it out there and see what people make of it.... My vocals on the initial recording aren't the greatest, but I'm hoping people can make it work.....

Barbablanca
06-25-2013, 06:55 AM
This is a fun project, but it's come at the worst possible time, for me. I'll be travelling for the next few days (Barcelona, Liverpool, Wales, then Dublin....) and then we're off to the US for our epic 4 week adventure!

So, all the best with it you guys. I look forward to hearing and seeing the result!

GinnyT11
06-25-2013, 06:59 AM
Berni, we MUST have you in the video!
Write to Bill about your schedule and he'll hold a place for you. The production is a friendly one, without rigidity.

Barbablanca
06-25-2013, 07:00 AM
PS I have given it a listen and played along and would recommend that as this is only the guide track you do it again with a click track and "la la" the spaces in blank so that it is crystal clear where we are supposed to be. My experience echoed Alan's. I tried a simple lead using my 8 string Uke like a mandolin and got lost too easily.

strumsilly
06-25-2013, 07:26 AM
strum - I meant the 'that's the song I hear' part.... if you listen to the original, there are those great early 70's harmonies throughout the whole tune, but that refrain would be an ideal spot for harmony, I think. Not sure if we can swing it, but we've got some great vocalists in the Seasons - figured I'd put it out there and see what people make of it.... My vocals on the initial recording aren't the greatest, but I'm hoping people can make it work.....
ok, I get it, thanks.

23skidoo
06-25-2013, 07:33 AM
that's a great idea, Berni - I"ll try to get a new file uploaded later today. And I'm going to try to get over to Alan's place while you're here in town - we might just have to have a quick recording sessions, if you're game....

PS I have given it a listen and played along and would recommend that as this is only the guide track you do it again with a click track and "la la" the spaces in blank so that it is crystal clear where we are supposed to be. My experience echoed Alan's. I tried a simple lead using my 8 string Uke like a mandolin and got lost too easily.

bonesigh
06-25-2013, 08:37 AM
I've often thought of doing something like this with the family but just haven't gotten around to it. So I'd love to give it a go here with the Seasonistas! Count me in!

Tootler
06-25-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm definitely up for this. I've downloaded the PDF but I couldn't persuade the mp3 to download on my iPad so I'll have to go upstairs and deal with it on my PC. I might be able to do something next week otherwise it'll have to be later in the month as I'm away on holiday for 2 weeks from next Friday.

caukulele
06-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Never done anything like this, but sounds like great fun..so I'm going to try it...Will be so much fun to see the finished project...

Pueo
06-25-2013, 01:56 PM
What fun, thanks Ginny and Bill!
I will do my best to get involved!

UkeyDave
06-26-2013, 01:59 AM
OH YEA BABY. I'M IN. FANTASTIC IDEA. This will be great. Love it love it love it.

Canoe Lady
06-26-2013, 08:25 PM
I sure haven't had time to be around the past few months, but I'd sure like to give this a go. I'll see how it goes. Great idea!

electrauke
06-27-2013, 03:00 AM
It's a Virtual Jam! Traveling but will try to make a vid!

UkeyDave
06-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Mine is done and PM'd to Bill. Look forward to seeing the end result.

23skidoo
06-27-2013, 08:44 AM
woohoo! Thanks, Dave....

GinnyT11
06-27-2013, 08:53 AM
I'd sort of like the entries to be in a playlist so we can thrill as the count of us goes higher and higher...!

23skidoo
06-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Dave - your contribution is great! Just added it to the original file to see how it sounded - if everyone's works so well, the editing on this project is going to be a breeze!

Going on Berni's recommendation, I've added a click track to the audio file. I'll leave both options available for download so you can sample both and see which you prefer. The link for the new track is here: https://www.box.com/s/lt857znzmcbhbc55na7s

Berni also mentioned adding some sort of reference to the audio file to help people stay oriented during the instrumental breaks. The only problem with that is I'm worried it will interfere with folks trying to record their solos during the breaks. If more people have problems with this, just let me know and I'll add a third track with me humming the melody during the instrumental verses for the folks that won't be recording solos.

Thanks for the interest everyone - I think this is going to be great!

GinnyT11
06-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Going on Berni's recommendation, I've added a click track to the audio file. I'll leave both options available for download so you can sample both and see which you prefer. The link for the new track is here: https://www.box.com/s/lt857znzmcbhbc55na7s

I've just added the click track to the instructions page.

UkeyDave
06-27-2013, 10:46 AM
I'd sort of like the entries to be in a playlist so we can thrill as the count of us goes higher and higher...!
Your welcome to put mine in a playlist Ginny here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjsIObjyStY

greyghost
06-27-2013, 01:37 PM
I'm in! I should get that done this weekend--looking forward to trying a bit of harmony...

frisbee fred
06-28-2013, 09:18 AM
Yay! I was able to do this with Audrey before she went back to school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q1lx8MJKOM

23skidoo
06-28-2013, 09:26 AM
got it Fred - thanks!

frisbee fred
06-28-2013, 10:19 AM
got it Fred - thanks!

Notice my daughter's pink headphones....

23skidoo
06-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Notice my daughter's pink headphones....

I did ;) - by the way - added it to the master mix and it fit right in..... this whole project might turn out to be easier than I thought it would!

29moons
06-28-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm in. I will start practicing and see what I can put together. Thanks for taking something like this on and including all of us.

xommen
06-28-2013, 12:59 PM
This took me some more time then I thought it would, but this is my take on this (I sent a pm to Bill for the original mp4) :

http://youtu.be/DrQ7IrzEQsg

Jazzbanjorex
06-28-2013, 02:03 PM
This is cool! I'm in.

23skidoo
06-28-2013, 03:16 PM
woohoo! Thanks Wim!

ukuLily Mars
06-28-2013, 08:05 PM
This is such a fun idea! I will give it a shot, too.

pootsie
06-28-2013, 10:14 PM
Just remember to keep this one turned down in the mix ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja5W_SwrHo8

mikef
06-29-2013, 01:08 AM
This is a fantastic idea... I'd better dig out my headphones and start practicing! I can't wait to see the result :D

23skidoo
06-29-2013, 04:54 AM
got it, poots! Thanks for all the interest, folks!

EDIT - poots - just added it to the mix - the back beat and harmonies work really well - great having a different tone to boot.....

pootsie
06-29-2013, 12:57 PM
got it, poots! Thanks for all the interest, folks!

EDIT - poots - just added it to the mix - the back beat and harmonies work really well - great having a different tone to boot.....

Thanks, bro! I was hoping for that. Just something to lay under for a counterpoint, you know? I'm glad you like.

Listening to it on its own sounds not so good ;)

Jazzbanjorex
07-01-2013, 04:23 PM
See if this will work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nphXSSHrGNs

pootsie
07-02-2013, 05:14 AM
Well done, Mr. Rex!

Tootler
07-02-2013, 07:05 AM
I'm fully intending to get something done for this but it won't be till mid month. I'm off on holiday to Austria on Friday and I've quite a bit to do before I go. Be back home on July 16th, so I'll try to get something done after that.

Jazzbanjorex
07-02-2013, 07:31 AM
Well done, Mr. Rex!

Well, Not so well done. I tried to cheat. I deduced that the track was at 120 bpm so I used my metronome as my beat instead of the song provided thus I was off sync. MY BAD. I will play by the reasonable rules and do it over listening to the song as a guide this time. Some times I think I know better and most of the time I'm proven wrong. LOL.

Rex

pootsie
07-02-2013, 07:40 AM
I'm fully intending to get something done for this but it won't be till mid month. I'm off on holiday to Austria on Friday and I've quite a bit to do before I go. Be back home on July 16th, so I'll try to get something done after that.

Have a great trip!

Well, Not so well done. I tried to cheat. I deduced that the track was at 120 bpm so I used my metronome as my beat instead of the song provided thus I was off sync. MY BAD. I will play be the reasonable rules and do it over listening to the song as a guide this time. Some times I think I know better and most of the time I'm proven wrong. LOL.

Rex

Well it sounded good on its own!

Hey, Mr. Skidoo: I gave some thought to a redo on mine to get the balance a little better (lower the fuzz uke and raise the vocals). Since Rex is gonna redo, and Tootler is going to be watching water spin the wrong way around the drain for a while, can I get a pass to do over? Would it help if I adjusted as above? I might also suck less if I practice a tad more and don't record at 3 a.m. ;)

Jazzbanjorex
07-02-2013, 07:43 AM
This time I used the Song Guide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrDcwXByYZk&feature=youtu.be

Tootler
07-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Have a great trip!

Tootler is going to be watching water spin the wrong way around the drain for a while,

Thanks but I'm only going across the English Channel. Austria not Australia. We're going to Vienna and Salzburg. Still looking forward to it.

23skidoo
07-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Hey, Mr. Skidoo: I gave some thought to a redo on mine to get the balance a little better (lower the fuzz uke and raise the vocals). Since Rex is gonna redo, and Tootler is going to be watching water spin the wrong way around the drain for a while, can I get a pass to do over? Would it help if I adjusted as above? I might also suck less if I practice a tad more and don't record at 3 a.m. ;)

No problem, poots - just post it when you get it done..... I thought the first one you did was great, but if you think you can improve upon it, feel free to make it greater....

23skidoo
07-02-2013, 05:39 PM
This time I used the Song Guide.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrDcwXByYZk&feature=youtu.be

Thanks Rex - sorry the first one didn't work out.... won't have time to check this one till tomorrow, but I'll let you know how it goes....

pootsie
07-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Thanks but I'm only going across the English Channel. Austria not Australia. We're going to Vienna and Salzburg. Still looking forward to it.

So much for reading comprehension. I think I was rushing through the thread

You have nothing to worry about, though, as I hear the Austrians are very strict about which way the water circles.

Jazzbanjorex
07-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks Rex - sorry the first one didn't work out.... won't have time to check this one till tomorrow, but I'll let you know how it goes....

Thank you. It's my fault the first one didn't work. Let me know if Take Two works.

23skidoo
07-03-2013, 05:12 AM
Thank you. It's my fault the first one didn't work. Let me know if Take Two works.

Turned out great, Rex - thanks for giving it another go.

austin1
07-03-2013, 05:19 AM
Do we need harmonies anywhere? If so, let me know, I'll see what I can do.

pootsie
07-03-2013, 05:26 AM
Do we need harmonies anywhere?

According to the lyrics, they should be everywhere ;)

23skidoo
07-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Do we need harmonies anywhere? If so, let me know, I'll see what I can do.

Tina - to be honest, I'm not sure how this whole thing is going to turn out or what it's going to sound like. The format is going to depend on what people post and how it all hangs together..... we've already gotten several different things with a few different ideas about harmony..... basically - it's all good. Do what moves you and I'll make it work. Sing harmony for the whole thing, only on choruses, whatever tickles your ivories. I think we're going to have a wide enough variety of contributions that I'll be able to find various tracks that blend nicely, no matter what. I like the idea of not limiting folks and seeing what you all come up.

Frax
07-08-2013, 12:43 AM
Count me in ! (thanks to Ginny =) )
Really awesome project !

And if you need some transverse flute, let me know ...

myrnaukelele
07-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Now that Canada Week has ended I'll have some time to work on this. Hoping to add some harmony...

GinnyT11
07-11-2013, 05:29 AM
July is moving along, and we want to keep the Anthem project moving along too!

On the first post, you can see who has already submitted recordings. And these Seasonistas have expressed (either in this thread or to me) that they will be submitting recordings: Frax, Myrnaukulele, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, we tigers, 23skidoo, filipinouker, Ukulily Mars, strumsilly, decaturcomp, ukuloonie, bonesigh, pueo, Tootler, barbablanca, caukulele, canoe lady, electrauke, 29moons, mikef, austin1...

Keep this minor task at the top of your to-do list so you won't be left out. When this is done, and you are among your Seasonsita buddies singing and playing together, it will feel like being in a big Seasonista hug.

Bill is still looking for soloists on any instrument. I can't imagine an Anthem without Saskia's glockenspiel!

kleblanc
07-11-2013, 05:55 AM
Count me in. Maybe I can work with my harmonica for a solo

kleblanc
07-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Ginny, I tried to respond to your pm, but I got no indication if it went through.

GinnyT11
07-11-2013, 11:15 AM
It came through, Kerry, and I replied by PM. In the settings section of the Forum page, go to the Mail settings. Scroll down to the options about PMs and choose "keep a copy of sent PM." It counts as one of the 50 PMs you can store, but you know if it went and can delete it a few days later.

austin1
07-11-2013, 12:31 PM
July is moving along, and we want to keep the Anthem project moving along too!

On the first post, you can see who has already submitted recordings. And these Seasonistas have expressed (either in this thread or to me) that they will be submitting recordings: Frax, Myrnaukulele, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, we tigers, 23skidoo, filipinouker, Ukulily Mars, strumsilly, decaturcomp, ukuloonie, bonesigh, pueo, Tootler, barbablanca, caukulele, canoe lady, electrauke, 29moons, mikef, austin1...

Keep this minor task at the top of your to-do list so you won't be left out. When this is done, and you are among your Seasonsita buddies singing and playing together, it will feel like being in a big Seasonista hug.

Bill is still looking for soloists on any instrument. I can't imagine an Anthem without Saskia's glockenspiel!

No promises from my end, I have finals this week and my mom's coming to visit next week. I really, really want to, but I don't know. We shall see!

GinnyT11
07-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Tina, we will make it work! PM Bill about your schedule. You've hosted more than once—you need to be in it!

electrauke
07-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Ok, I am all in!

kleblanc
07-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Wow! Such good entries. Hopefully there will be something in mine that you can use.

http://youtu.be/v16Q-7Crf_Q

southside mike
07-12-2013, 05:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B8qSq0cA7o
Here's mine Bill let me know if it works.

23skidoo
07-12-2013, 05:44 PM
thanks Kerry & Mike - they both sound great! I'll download them and add em to the mix over the weekend and see how they fit.

peewee
07-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Hi Bill, thanks for the time and effort you're putting into this:
here's my strum/sing one
It's set to unlisted, but here's the linky
http://youtu.be/W0-4fa9OoHU

http://youtu.be/W0-4fa9OoHU

mattydee
07-13-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm in with harmonies. And I'll definitely be playing mouth trumpet for the break.

Tootler
07-13-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm thinking of doing something on my recorder - maybe work on a countermelody. I get home Tuesday; I'll give it some more thought then.

23skidoo
07-14-2013, 05:02 AM
things are looking good, folks - thanks for all the contributions so far. If you guys have any technical questions, send me a PM, rather than Ginny. I'm going to be busy the next couple of days, but I'll try to get back to you with an answer as quickly as I can.....

decaturcomp
07-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Here's my first shot at this.
I THINK I understand that you might be using only some parts of our videos so I kept this one since it was mostly on tempo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBQg4qScot8

I can't wait to see how this all turns out.

GinnyT11
07-14-2013, 08:58 AM
I submitted mine today. It's imperative to have Bill in your ear keeping tempo. I wanted to keep speeding up.

Submissions completed—13 of us: UkeyDave, Frisbee Fred (& Audrey), xommen, pootsie, erivel, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, Southside Mike, 23skidoo, peewee, decaturcomp, GinnyT11...

Seasonistas intending to participate: Myrnaukule, we tigers, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, filipinouker, Frax, Ukulily Mars, strumsilly, ukuloonie, bonesigh, pueo, Tootler, barbablanca, caukulele, canoe lady, electrauke, 29moons, mikef, austin1, ombracorta, mattydee, bird's eye view of my uke, elmann, booli, wallyboy, DougF, oldephart...

austin1
07-14-2013, 11:26 AM
I wanted to record today, but bad news, am finishing that dumb paper. Good news, the semester is over, no more classes, means more time for music, yay! Bad news, my mom comes on Wednesday. Actually, this is the total opposite of bad news (because I love my mom!) but it's bad news for getting a video done. How far into August are we allowed to send videos?

GinnyT11
07-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Tina, arrange it with Bill. He knows you'll be a little late, but the sooner the better.
There's still Monday and Tuesday, and it's a really simple song that you match to his tempo...maybe you can do it!

we tigers
07-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Working on/ thinking about our contribution!

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
07-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Sent a non-ukulele contribution to Bill today, so I'm in! I'll get to work on a uke/vocal contribution this week soon. Whee!!

GinnyT11
07-18-2013, 03:54 AM
That's 15 of us now!
UkeyDave, Frisbee Fred (& Audrey), xommen, pootsie, erivel, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, Southside Mike, 23skidoo, peewee, decaturcomp, GinnyT11, bird's eye view of my uke, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters...

Come on along, come on along...to the Seasonistas' Anthem jam!
Come on and hear, come on and hear the best jam in any land...
:) :o :D

23skidoo
07-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Hey folks! Just an update - our list of volunteer soloists is finalized. The rough mix is coming together and sounds great! I can't wait for everyone to hear it..... thanks again for all the contributions that have already been posted - looking forward to hearing what everyone else comes up with!

GinnyT11
07-20-2013, 11:10 AM
Saturday news: myrnaukulele and strumsilly have submitted recordings, and now we have 17 of us in the group sing!
UkeyDave, Frisbee Fred (& Audrey), xommen, pootsie, erivel, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, Southside Mike, 23skidoo, peewee, decaturcomp, GinnyT11, bird's eye view of my uke, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, strumsilly, myrnaukulele...

Our operators at Studio Skidoo are waiting to hear from you, Seasonistas!

Tootler
07-20-2013, 11:25 AM
I am aiming to get mine done next week.

wallyboy
07-20-2013, 02:01 PM
having probs with printing pdf, cuts off one side of words when printed will submit next week will write out by hand if can't sort out print,

GinnyT11
07-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Just PM'd you the lyrics, Wallyboy, but there are two instrumental breaks.

29moons
07-20-2013, 06:03 PM
OK, I have completed my contribution. http://youtu.be/KzHvLu2RqqQ

I thought I was on key with Bill's singing but I guess not. Oh well, perhaps my hat will save me.

http://youtu.be/KzHvLu2RqqQ

GinnyT11
07-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Mattydee has submitted a contribution, and I've heard from several people this weekend who are working on their recordings. The singalong number is rising!

Recordings in the can: UkeyDave, Frisbee Fred (& Audrey), xommen, pootsie, erivel, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, Southside Mike, 23skidoo, peewee, decaturcomp, GinnyT11, bird's eye view of my uke, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, strumsilly, myrnaukulele, 29moons, mattydee...

Seasonistas intending to participate: we tigers, filipinouker, Frax, Ukulily Mars, ukuloonie, bonesigh, pueo, Tootler, barbablanca, caukulele, canoe lady, electrauke, mikef, austin1, ombracorta, elmann, booli, wallyboy, DougF, oldephart, FiL, jnobianchi, ksiegel...

It's easy-peasy...just play the simple song while following Bill's recorded singing and strumming through an earbud or earphones.

GinnyT11
07-22-2013, 07:52 AM
Bill's been busy recently and hasn't reviewed the recordings from the weekend. Those names will go up soon as Completed Recordings.

If your intention to do an Anthem recording is still on the back burner, please move it to the front burner!
I've heard an unrefined compilation of the first 16 recordings, and this Seasonistas Anthem will be AWESOME!

All you need to do is record our simple song (see first post), matching your tempo to Bill's base track playing in your ear. It's easier than any Seasons video you've posted.

J-Peg
07-23-2013, 04:36 AM
Put me on the "intending to participate" list. I'll try to get some harmony vocals together.

Now I just gotta figure out which uke to play.
Probably the resonator.

23skidoo
07-23-2013, 06:18 AM
Hey folks - it's all coming together nicely! Had time this morning to pull down all the most recent recordings and they're all great! Ginny - you can add Craig and Sean/ukuleledaddy to the completed list.

While our official deadline for submissions is July 31, we can definitely accommodate any stragglers. Just be sure to let me know by private message if you're going to need more time. Thanks folks - can't wait for everyone to hear how cool this is going to be!

librainian
07-23-2013, 08:18 AM
I'm also working on a contribution. I've done several takes but I'm struggling with a clean take on the solo stuff on the breaks. I should have this nailed down in a couple days and maybe one more for authoring and posting.

Cheers,

Andrew

GinnyT11
07-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Elmann's contribution just arrived! Keep 'em coming!

Submissions completed: 22 of us! UkeyDave, Frisbee Fred (& Audrey), xommen, pootsie, erivel, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, Southside Mike, 23skidoo, peewee, decaturcomp, GinnyT11, bird's eye view of my uke, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, strumsilly, myrnaukulele, 29moons, mattydee, CTurner, ukuleledaddy, elmann...

Seasonistas intending to participate: we tigers, filipinouker, Frax, Ukulily Mars, ukuloonie, bonesigh, pueo, Tootler, barbablanca, caukulele, canoe lady, electrauke, austin1, ombracorta, booli, wallyboy, DougF, oldephart, FiL, jnobianchi, ukuleledaveey, mikef, J-Peg, librainian...

caukulele
07-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Ok, my husband and I were finally able to do a video for the Anthem and sent the pm to Bill....I can't wait to see it all put together!

23skidoo
07-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Ok, my husband and I were finally able to do a video for the Anthem and sent the pm to Bill....I can't wait to see it all put together!

Thanks Denise & Ray - turned out great!

ombracorta
07-23-2013, 12:45 PM
I sent now mine! :D

23skidoo
07-23-2013, 01:23 PM
I sent now mine! :D

Got it - sounds great! Grazie mille!

GinnyT11
07-24-2013, 04:12 AM
Received librainian's contribution!

Now we're 25! UkeyDave, Frisbee Fred(&Audrey), xommen, pootsie, erivel, kleblanc, jazzbanjorex, Southside Mike, 23skidoo, peewee, decaturcomp, GinnyT11, strumsilly, bird's eye view of my uke, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, myrnaukulele, 29moons, mattydee, CTurner, ukuleledaddy, elmann, caukulele(&Ray), ombracorta, librainian...

But look at this—we only have five women represented so far. Hmmm...
myrnaukulele, GinnyT11, (FFred&)Audrey, bird's eye view of my uke, caukulele...

The Ukelites
07-24-2013, 04:19 AM
Received librainian's contribution!

Now we're 25! UkeyDave, Frisbee Fred(&Audrey), xommen, pootsie, erivel, kleblanc, jazzbanjorex, Southside Mike, 23skidoo, peewee, decaturcomp, GinnyT11, strumsilly, bird's eye view of my uke, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, myrnaukulele, 29moons, mattydee, CTurner, ukuleledaddy, elmann, caukulele(&Ray), ombracorta, librainian...

But look at this—we only have five women represented so far. Hmmm...
myrnaukulele, GinnyT11, (FFred&)Audrey, bird's eye view of my uke, caukulele...

Maybe that's because of the key, that is a bit hard to sing for women...
just recorded a track by the way;)

Raygf
07-24-2013, 04:38 AM
just recorded a track by the way;)

Understandable. Middle C or flip the octave for high C. Both problematic.

I had a choral director in college who would occasionally tell the sopranos, okay sopranos, this part is really low, get out your Marlboros and your Madonna voices.

GinnyT11
07-24-2013, 04:52 AM
Come on, Ray, jump in!

I think there are few women who have participated in the Anthem because the proportion of women Seasonistas is low.

Raygf
07-24-2013, 05:06 AM
Come on, Ray, jump in!

I think there are few women who have participated in the Anthem because the proportion of women Seasonistas is low.

I'm on it Ginny. Just worked it up on baritone. Let's see if I can one take this thing right now. (Yeah, right.)

23skidoo
07-24-2013, 06:29 AM
Hey folks-

We're in the home stretch..... the rough mix is sounding great! It's a testament to the skill of all you fine Seasonistas that I can listen to all 25 contributions synced together and it sounds like all of us are in the same room, playing together.

A few reminders to those who will be recording this week -

1- Please include your UU user name is the title of your video, preferably at the beginning. To be honest, all I really need in the title is your UU username.

2 - don't forget to make your video either 'unlisted' or 'public', not 'private'.

3- during the instrumental breaks, please try to keep your strumming pattern fairly simple and consistent. We have several volunteer featured soloists, but everyone else is background rhythm. When I'm layering all the various recordings together, even a little rhythmic variation in the strum becomes very noticeable, especially during the solos.

Thanks for all the hard work folks - looking forward to hearing what everyone else has to offer!

Raygf
07-24-2013, 08:43 AM
I just sent a pm Bill. What an interesting task. I'm looking forward to hearing the finished product. Thanks for putting this together.

ukuLily Mars
07-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Bill, would audio-only be better than video, or are you using the pictures? I'm working on the anthem and hope to have it ready in the next few days. Maybe Monday at the latest, if that's okay.

ukuLily Mars
07-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Understandable. Middle C or flip the octave for high C. Both problematic.

I had a choral director in college who would occasionally tell the sopranos, okay sopranos, this part is really low, get out your Marlboros and your Madonna voices.
I can sing it high. Might sound like someone is hugging an angry cat, if that's okay with everybody.

GinnyT11
07-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Bill, would audio-only be better than video, or are you using the pictures? I'm working on the anthem and hope to have it ready in the next few days. Maybe Monday at the latest, if that's okay.

Lily, I want pictures of you! No one will be on screen for the full song, and we're trusting Bill ;) to choose the bits of the recording in which we look the most relaxed and competent.
He might suggest you do both because he has technical magic he can use to get the best of your audio track, then the best of your (silent) video track.

GinnyT11
07-24-2013, 02:18 PM
Submissions completed: 27 of us! UkeyDave, Frisbee Fred(&Audrey), xommen, pootsie, erivel, kleblanc, jazzbanjorex, Southside Mike, 23skidoo, peewee, decaturcomp, GinnyT11, strumsilly, bird's eye view of my uke, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, myrnaukulele, 29moons, mattydee, CTurner, ukuleledaddy, elmann, caukulele(&Ray), ombracorta, librainian, The Ukelites, Raygf...

Women contributors: myrnaukulele, GinnyT11, (FFred&)Audrey, bird's eye view of my uke, caukulele, 1/2 of Ukelites...

Parade of nations:
Germany—elmann, The Ukelites
Italy—ombracorta
Netherlands—xommen, we tigers
UK—UkeyDave, bird's eye view of my uke, HRH Prince George of Cambridge

bird's eye view of my ukelele
07-24-2013, 02:32 PM

i'm so glad someone said this! i struggled mightily with singing the proper tune. i think i always struggle mightily with singing the proper tune to things! but this time i seemed to have only two options - growly growly low voice or squeeky eeeeeeky high. transposing up a step or two fixed it for me, but obviously was not gonna work for joining in with anyone else. i ended up doing what i can only describe as some random warbling along to the given chords, and skidoo has very kindly allowed me to get away with calling it harmony! i've never done harmony before... and i'm not entirely sure i've done it now! but i'm in... and it was fun... so - a uke result there!

strumsilly
07-24-2013, 03:36 PM
ha, it was either too high or low for me too, so I split the diff and sang in the middle

Mandalyn
07-24-2013, 03:47 PM
I am working on vocals now. I think I should be able to make a video this weekend. :)

elmann
07-24-2013, 09:42 PM
2 - don't forget to make your video either 'unlisted' or 'public', not 'private'.
Any idea, why "unlisted" is no more on my YT-list of possible choices?
Has YT changed their policy?

23skidoo
07-25-2013, 03:47 AM
Any idea, why "unlisted" is no more on my YT-list of possible choices?
Has YT changed their policy?

I know another Seasonista has a copyright infringement 'strike' on their account which disallows posting unlisted videos.... I just found out about that myself, so there may be other reasons as well...

23skidoo
07-25-2013, 03:52 AM
Hey folks - just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be offline till tomorrow evening - taking the kids hiking in the North Georgia mountains! I'll take care of any questions or new contributions tomorrow night or Saturday morning.

GinnyT11
07-26-2013, 05:27 AM
It's the last weekend before the July 31 deadline to submit contributions!
Those who waited till the night before to write your book reports for school...we're about at that time.

Bill will be responding again Saturday morning, but please let me know if you've sent him your link so I can adjust the Seasonista count. We now have 28 contributors, and I've gotten PMs from another 8 people who have promised to do a recording.

Even unpolished, the assembled voices make an amazing, heartwarming sound.
If you love participating in the Seasons, you'll want to be part of this worldwide group hug!

27 Contributors: UkeyDave, Frisbee Fred(&Audrey), xommen, pootsie, erivel, kleblanc, jazzbanjorex, Southside Mike, 23skidoo, peewee, decaturcomp, GinnyT11, strumsilly, bird's eye view of my uke, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, myrnaukulele, 29moons, mattydee, CTurner, ukuleledaddy, elmann, caukulele(&Ray), ombracorta, librainian, The Ukelites, Raygf, we tigers...

Parade of nations:
Italy—ombracorta
Switzerland—(ukuLily's is coming)
U.K.—UkeyDave, bird's eye view of my uke
U.S.—many

we tigers
07-26-2013, 06:02 AM
I sent Bill, two contributions yesterday evening. I have massive amounts of respect for Bill for taking on such a huge project! Those two small videos I did yesterday took me the entire evening; I can only imagine how much work it is to create this anthem video.
Bob Geldof has got nothing on him...

Tootler
07-26-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm looking increasingly like a last minuter. Things have not gone the way I had planned this week - family life got in the way! :o

I should still be able to meet the July 31 deadline, though.

Tootler
07-27-2013, 10:13 AM
I've done the recorder part and I've pm'd you the link.

Geoff

uke4ia
07-27-2013, 10:26 AM
I just PM'd Bill with my video link.

23skidoo
07-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Michael, Geoff and Jim -

Got em. They sound great! Thanks....

alemarco
07-27-2013, 05:00 PM
Just sent in my contribution. Can't wait to hear the final product!

GinnyT11
07-27-2013, 05:04 PM
WE ARE NOW 30!
If you've sent Bill a recording and I've missed your name, let me know.
If you haven't yet sent Bill a recording, we're waiting patiently...

23skidoo
29moons
alemarco
bird's eye view of my uke
caukulele(&Ray)
CTurner
decaturcomp
elmann
erivel
Frisbee Fred(&Audrey)
GinnyT11
jazzbanjorex
kleblanc
librainian
mattydee
myrnaukulele
ombracorta
peewee
pootsie
Raygf
Southside Mike
strumsilly
TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
Tootler
Uke4ia
The Ukelites
UkeyDave
ukuleledaddy
we tigers
xommen

GinnyT11
07-28-2013, 04:32 AM
Or rather 32! ukuleledaveey and ~Dave~~Wave~ have done recordings too.

Now in alpha order: 23skidoo, 29moons, alemarco, bird's eye view of my uke, caukulele(&Ray), CTurner, decaturcomp, elmann, erivel, Frisbee Fred(&Audrey), GinnyT11, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, librainian, mattydee, myrnaukulele, ombracorta, peewee, pootsie, Raygf, southside mike, strumsilly, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, Tootler, Uke4ia, The Ukelites, UkeyDave, ukuleledaddy, ukuleledaveey, we tigers, xommen, ~Dave~~Wave~

8 women are participating: myrnaukulele; GinnyT11; (FFred&)Audrey; bird's eye viewofmyuke; caukulele; 1/2 of Ukelites; 1/2 of we tigers; alemarco...

Parade of nations:
Italy—ombracorta
U.K.—UkeyDave, bird's eye view of my uke, Tootler, ukuleledaveey
U.S.—many

ukuleledaveey
07-28-2013, 04:50 AM
:) glad the videos came through, though not sure you may want to use them, my singing is pretty lame lol (even scared the neighbourhood cats away)

many thanks for organizing this, look forward to the finished result.

23skidoo
07-28-2013, 07:30 AM
Daveey & ~Dave~ sound great.... I'm amazed at how well this is all working out. You guys rock!

Tootler
07-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Got the song done now. I've pm'd the link.

GinnyT11
07-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Filipinouker is in! We've got 33!

That's 9 women performing too!

ksiegel
07-28-2013, 03:03 PM
I finally got something in the can... Transferring it from the camera to the computer now, then will cut it into the 2 or three takes that I did, and will upload to YouTube - I think that's how it is supposed to go?

Each take has a mistake or two, but they also each have something different, but worthwhile (I think) in them. I couldn't really hear my singing with the earbud in, though.

(I have to figure out how to print the text larger next time - without VERY bright light, I had a hard time reading it.)

-Kurt

GinnyT11
07-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Gong!! We're 34 with ksiegel!

GinnyT11
07-28-2013, 05:47 PM
Seasonista friends, I'll reveal to you that I love the number 42. It's magic because it's the product of three prime numbers (2 x 3 x 7). I am wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin' that we will have 42 participants in the Seasonistas Anthem, because that would be absolute magic too!

I know we can do it—several of you have told me your recording is on the way. So, let's go 42!

The deadline is Wednesday—who'll give me 35...35...who's for 35...?

Tootler
07-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Seasonista friends, I'll reveal to you that I love the number 42. It's magic because it's the product of three prime numbers (2 x 3 x 7). I am wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin' that we will have 42 participants in the Seasonistas Anthem, because that would be absolute magic too!

It's also the answer to the ultimate question of

Life,
The Universe
And everything

(Douglas Adams, "Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy")

mikef
07-29-2013, 05:40 AM
Just PMed my wee contribution... I can't wait to see this, I'll be proudly sharing it like mad on Twitface :)

GinnyT11
07-29-2013, 05:42 AM
Thanks, mikef, we have 35 contributors!

23skidoo, 29moons, alemarco, bird's eye view of my uke, caukulele(&Ray), CTurner, decaturcomp, elmann, erivel, filipinouker, Frisbee Fred(&Audrey), GinnyT11, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, ksiegel, librainian, mattydee, mikef, myrnaukulele, ombracorta, peewee, pootsie, Raygf, southside mike, strumsilly, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, Tootler, Uke4ia, The Ukelites, UkeyDave, ukuleledaddy, ukuleledaveey, we tigers, xommen, ~Dave~~Wave~

23skidoo
07-29-2013, 06:21 AM
Hey folks - my mailbox is full of PM's with links to contributions.... it's a busy, busy day, so I won't be able to get to them till this evening, but keep em coming! I'll let everyone know about the latest batch tonight or in the morning....

Thanks everyone!

23skidoo
07-30-2013, 06:27 AM
made it through all the new contributions - some great stuff in there! Thanks everyone!

We can also add DougF to the list! Thanks Doug!

GinnyT11
07-30-2013, 06:49 AM
36 Seasonistas in the Anthem!

23skidoo, 29moons, alemarco, bird's eye view of my uke, caukulele(&Ray), CTurner, decaturcomp, Dougf, elmann, erivel, filipinouker, Frisbee Fred(&Audrey), GinnyT11, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, ksiegel, librainian, mattydee, mikef, myrnaukulele, ombracorta, peewee, pootsie, Raygf, southside mike, strumsilly, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, Tootler, Uke4ia, The Ukelites, UkeyDave, ukuleledaddy, ukuleledaveey, we tigers, xommen, ~dave~~wave~

9 women contributors: alemarco; (FFred&)Audrey; bird's eye view of my uke; caukulele; filipinouker; GinnyT11; myrnaukulele; 1/2 of Ukelites; 1/2 of we tigers...

Parade of nations:
Australia—(TheUkeBloke's is coming)
Italy—ombracorta
U.K.—UkeyDave, bird's eye view of my uke, Tootler, ukuleledaveey, filipinouker, mikef
U.S.—many

There's still time to get your contribution in!

TheUkeBloke
07-30-2013, 05:04 PM
.... and representing Australia in the Parade of Nations ... here's my part for the Seasonistas Anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVEa4sITIYI

My thanks to Ginny and Bill.

Pueo
07-30-2013, 05:08 PM
I'm trying to get it done! I suddenly have to work late tonight, but I have an ukulele here! Drat, no camera! I'll think of something!

glass
07-30-2013, 05:09 PM
I should have one ready by tomorrow.

GinnyT11
07-30-2013, 05:20 PM
That's mighty fine, UkeBloke—you're Seasonista number 37!

23skidoo, 29moons, alemarco, bird's eye view of my uke, caukulele(&Ray), CTurner, decaturcomp, Dougf, elmann, erivel, filipinouker, Frisbee Fred(&Audrey), GinnyT11, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, ksiegel, librainian, mattydee, mikef, myrnaukulele, ombracorta, peewee, pootsie, Raygf, southside mike, strumsilly, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, TheUkeBloke, Tootler, Uke4ia, Ukelites, UkeyDave, ukuleledaddy, ukuleledaveey, we tigers, xommen, ~dave~~wave~

Parade of nations:
Australia—TheUkeBloke
Italy—ombracorta
U.K.—UkeyDave, bird's eye view of my uke, Tootler, ukuleledaveey, filipinouker, mikef
U.S.—many

Pueo, glass, ukuLily, wolfchs, J-Peg and lakesideglenn have promised to submit by Juy 31, and a couple others are working on it. Austin1 and chrimess have been overtaken by events and have asked for a little more time.

THIS IS GOING TO BE SEASONING TO THE MAX!!

ukuloonie
07-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Phew I have p.m'd my link

thesillydave
07-30-2013, 09:23 PM
cheers to that! just pm'd my link as well! hope it shows up!

GaryC1968
07-31-2013, 03:20 AM
I pm'd mine to Bill last night. Hopefully it got there. I'm looking forward to the finished product. Thanks Bill for doing all of this work!

GinnyT11
07-31-2013, 03:45 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, take a bow—we have 40 Seasonistas in the Anthem!

23skidoo, 29moons, alemarco, bird's eye view of my uke,
caukulele(&Ray), CTurner, decaturcomp, Dougf,
elmann, erivel, filipinouker, Frisbee Fred(&Audrey),
GaryC1968, GinnyT11, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc,
ksiegel, librainian, mattydee, mikef,
myrnaukulele, ombracorta, peewee, pootsie,
Raygf, southside mike, strumsilly, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters,
thesillydave, TheUkeBloke, Tootler, Uke4ia,
Ukelites, UkeyDave, ukuleledaddy, ukuleledaveey,
ukuloonie, we tigers, xommen, ~dave~~wave~

Parade of nations:
Australia—TheUkeBloke
Canada!—ukuloonie
Italy—ombracorta
U.S.—many

There is still time to submit your contribution!

pootsie
07-31-2013, 04:35 AM
42, 42, 42, 42, 42 come on, 42

we tigers
07-31-2013, 06:39 AM
42... That would be awesome!

23skidoo
07-31-2013, 09:13 AM
All the latest entries have been added to the mix and we're still going strong.

Today is officially the deadline for submissions - and many thanks to all who have contributed so far.... but we're not in a hurry. Let's say one more week for the stragglers....

NEW DEADLINE - WEDNESDAY AUGUST 7

If you need more time, let me know by PM. Thanks again everyone!

ukuLily Mars
07-31-2013, 09:17 AM
I just sent mine to you, Bill, but the vocals may be too quiet so I can do it again if you like.

glass
07-31-2013, 10:48 AM
Just pmd mine too! I am 42?

Pueo
07-31-2013, 10:52 AM

Today is officially the deadline for submissions - and many thanks to all who have contributed so far.... but we're not in a hurry. Let's say one more week for the stragglers....

I will make this FOR SURE. I brought my video camera to work today and I was going to walk over to the beach and get a take - but it is raining raining raining right now. If it clears up by lunchtime I will give it a go, but for sure it will be in the can by the weekend. Gracias VienteTres!

GinnyT11
07-31-2013, 11:07 AM
The bell's not going to ring today—you have more time, Seasonistas. We want you!

GinnyT11
07-31-2013, 11:08 AM
42 Seasonistas in the Anthem!

23skidoo, 29moons, alemarco, bird's eye view of my uke, caukulele(&Ray), CTurner, decaturcomp, Dougf, elmann, erivel, filipinouker, Frisbee Fred(&Audrey), GaryC1968, GinnyT11, glass, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, ksiegel, librainian, mattydee, mikef, myrnaukulele, ombracorta, peewee, pootsie, Raygf, southside mike, strumsilly, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, thesillydave, TheUkeBloke, Tootler, Uke4ia, Ukelites, UkeyDave, ukuleledaddy, ukuleledaveey, ukuLily Mars, ukuloonie, we tigers, xommen, ~dave~~wave~

10 women contributors: alemarco; (FFred&)Audrey; bird's eye view of my uke; caukulele; filipinouker; GinnyT11; myrnaukulele; ukuLily Mars; 1/2 of Ukelites; 1/2 of we tigers...

Parade of States: Alaska, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Vermont, Wisconsin

GinnyT11
07-31-2013, 11:10 AM
A bit of history about the Anthem...

I fooled around with the lyrics to "I Want to Teach the World to Sing" for Season 57, and it seemed fun.
In March, I approached Bill with the idea of this song sung by many Seasonistas because he has both musical and technical chops to make a cool music video. He was immediately interested, but it was several weeks before he could put together the base track and we worked out the text of how to explain the project.

My work has been done at the front end: concept, lyrics adaptation, marketing/motivation (scads of encouraging PMs!).

Bill's work (which is more) is mostly at the back end: production design, sound engineering, and video editing.

I can hardly wait to see and hear this megahit song!

wallyboy
07-31-2013, 12:15 PM
just waiting for upload, will pm bill soon as done

wolfchs
07-31-2013, 01:16 PM

Yahoo!!! You and Ginny are the bestest! :o

kleblanc
07-31-2013, 02:36 PM
oh these delays are driving me crazy! :) I want to see it so bad. LOL

bonesigh
07-31-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm loading up my ukulele solo now (takes soo long!) Wanted to know If I could tape the singing part separately. I wanted to play nicely and do a melody piece for the instrumental parts but could not seem to play it and sing at the same time (:

GinnyT11
07-31-2013, 03:14 PM
Shoot a PM to Bill and ask what format he needs. I'm sure he can accommodate what works for you.

bonesigh
07-31-2013, 03:52 PM
Thanks Ginny. I'll send him a note. Here's the one of me playing sans voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ7_skbKBjM&feature=youtu.be

lakesideglenn
07-31-2013, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the extension guys!

Ginny, I KNOW I promised you I'd do it last night but got home late and couldn't find any mojo. Now I can't find a set of earphones...I never use them. Will get some tomorrow and have it up Friday at the latest...I promise!

GinnyT11
07-31-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the extension guys!

Ginny, I KNOW I promised you I'd do it last night but got home late and couldn't find any mojo. Now I can't find a set of earphones...I never use them. Will get some tomorrow and have it up Friday at the latest...I promise!

Not to worry, Glenn. It's much better that you approach this when you've got some time and you have found some mojo. :)

GinnyT11
07-31-2013, 04:28 PM
Mission control, our third-stage rocket booster has just engaged!
With wallyboy and bonesigh, we have 44 contributors!

23skidoo, 29moons, alemarco, bird's eye view of my uke, bonesigh; caukulele(&Ray), CTurner, decaturcomp, Dougf, elmann, erivel, filipinouker, Frisbee Fred(&Audrey), GaryC1968, GinnyT11, glass, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, ksiegel, librainian, mattydee, mikef, myrnaukulele, ombracorta, peewee, pootsie, Raygf, southside mike, strumsilly, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, thesillydave, TheUkeBloke, Tootler, Uke4ia, Ukelites, UkeyDave, ukuleledaddy, ukuleledaveey, ukuLily Mars, ukuloonie, wallyboy, we tigers, xommen, ~dave~~wave~

11 women contributors: alemarco; (FFred&)Audrey; bird's eye view of my uke; bonesigh; caukulele; filipinouker; GinnyT11; myrnaukulele; ukuLily Mars; 1/2 of Ukelites; 1/2 of we tigers...

Parade of States: Alaska, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin

Parade of Nations: Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, United Kingdom

GinnyT11
08-01-2013, 11:22 AM
This is funny...there hasn't been a new post today, but this thread has had 104 views in the last eight hours!
Excited, are we? :D :cool: :D I know I am.

We can breathe again since Bill extended the deadline. I have commitments for contributions from 6 more Seasonistas, and 2-3 others seem to be thinking about it.

The new deadline for getting contributions to Bill is Wednesday, August 7.

Raygf
08-01-2013, 11:37 AM
This is funny...there hasn't been a new post today, but this thread has had 104 views in the last eight hours!
Excited, are we? :D :cool: :D I know I am.

We can breathe again since Bill extended the deadline. I have commitments for contributions from 6 more Seasonistas, and 2-3 others seem to be thinking about it.

The new deadline for getting contributions to Bill is Wednesday, August 7.

Please, no more deadline extensions. I want to see this thing and hear a little bit about how you did it Bill. Any chance for a preview while we're waiting?

electrauke
08-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Did you guys get my video yet, really excited to see how it works out!

GinnyT11
08-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Are you with us, Andre? That's so cool—you're number 45!!

If you sent it to Bill, he'll be here before long to comment about it. You're another state for the Parade of States!

GinnyT11
08-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Wednesday is the deadline for contributions.
I have commitments for recordings from chrimess, austin1, barbablanca, lakesideglenn, wolfchs, Pueo, and probably the participation of TCK and Joko. More than 50! Others are still welcome.

After the deadline, Bill will say magic words to call out his super sound-engineering power. Lightning will crash above Studio Skidoo and Bill will slightly glow blue. Without getting tired of the song (amazing!), he'll tweak and balance all the tracks into a harmonious whole, and he'll weave in the specialty solo lines.

Then Bill will do a secret incantation before his computer, which will give him another super power, tireless eyesight, to edit more than 50 three-minute videos into a single three-minute video in which each of 50 persons will appear individually in multiframes. We must be patient during this part because Bill is powerful, but he can't control everything. (He's also quite busy this weekend.)

DWitt
08-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Okay, here's mine! Hope this will work——

EDIT: Wow, just checking the link. Looks like it's in the left speaker only, and with some sync issues. Feh. That's what I get for recording straight through Quicktime rather than doing video through QT and audio through Audacity, and then remixing in GarageBand—which is what I usually do. Well, if this won't work, let me know and I'll re-record on Monday . . .

EDIT AGAIN: Okay, figured out a way to fix this, I think . . .

[VIDEO DELETED]

Tootler
08-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Wednesday is the deadline for contributions.
I have commitments for recordings from chrimess, austin1, barbablanca, lakesideglenn, wolfchs, Pueo, and probably the participation of TCK and Joko. More than 50! Others are still welcome.

After the deadline, Bill will say magic words to call out his super sound-engineering power. Lightning will crash above Studio Skidoo and Bill will slightly glow blue. Without getting tired of the song (amazing!), he'll tweak and balance all the tracks into a harmonious whole, and he'll work in the specialty solo lines.

Then Bill will do a secret incantation before his computer, which will give him another super power, tireless eyesight, to edit more than 50 three-minute videos into a single three-minute video in which each of 50 persons will appear individually in multiframes. We must be patient during this part because Bill is powerful, but he can't control everything. (He's also quite busy this weekend.)

Just make sure he's not carried off in the Tardis by a passing Time Lord

GinnyT11
08-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Just make sure he's not carried off in the Tardis by a passing Time Lord

Holy smoke, Geoff, I didn't think of that! Fortunately the Sharknado has passed.

DWitt, Bill's busy for a couple days. He'll check in when he can and report on how the videos are—you're 46!

DWitt
08-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Fixed it! I just detached the audio as an .m4a and then reattached it in GarageBand, where I also set it to mono and upped the volume. Should be as specified now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAzfwaQSWLE

J-Peg
08-02-2013, 01:24 PM
I PM'ed Bill the link to my video. Can I get confirmation that he got it?

Thanks

GinnyT11
08-02-2013, 03:54 PM
I PM'ed Bill the link to my video. Can I get confirmation that he got it?
Thanks

Joe, he's got a houseful of family and two playing gigs this weekend. He'll check his email at his first opportunity, but it may not be till Monday. He may surprise you, though.

J-Peg is number 47!!

23skidoo, 29moons, alemarco, bird's eye view of my uke, bonesigh; caukulele(&Ray), CTurner, decaturcomp, Dougf, DWitt, electrauke, elmann, erivel, filipinouker, Frisbee Fred(&Audrey), GaryC1968, GinnyT11, glass, J-Peg, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, ksiegel, librainian, mattydee, mikef, myrnaukulele, ombracorta, peewee, pootsie, Raygf, southside mike, strumsilly, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, thesillydave, TheUkeBloke, Tootler, Uke4ia, Ukelites, UkeyDave, ukuleledaddy, ukuleledaveey, ukuLily Mars, ukuloonie, wallyboy, we tigers, xommen, ~dave~~wave~

11 women contributors: alemarco; (FFred&)Audrey; bird's eye view of my uke; bonesigh; caukulele; filipinouker; GinnyT11; myrnaukulele; ukuLily Mars; 1/2 of Ukelites; 1/2 of we tigers...

Parade of States: Alaska, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin

Parade of Nations: Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, United Kingdom

J-Peg
08-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Thanks Ginny!

filipinouker
08-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Ginny, I have dual citizenship so please include the Philippines in the parade of nations :) :) :)

Can't wait to see this!!! Hope more folk will join in!

ukuLily Mars
08-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Ginny, I have dual citizenship so please include the Philippines in the parade of nations :) :) :)

Yay! That gives us another continent, too!

GinnyT11
08-03-2013, 01:49 PM

I'm happy to add the Philippines to the Parade of Nations.

We're waiting for recordings from wolfchs, lakesideglenn, Pueo, barbablanca, chrimess, and austin1, who have all assured me they'll get them in.

There's still room for more contributions, though the door will close Wednesday so Bill can start working on the next phase.

austin1
08-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Ooh, ooh, don't forget Portugal! I've got a passport from the motherland!

Wait, do you still want where I live things present in the video?

consitter
08-03-2013, 10:43 PM

HEY! A Tina sighting!!

HI TINA!!!!

GinnyT11
08-04-2013, 03:47 AM

I'll add Portugal. It seems that the other contributors have focused on the song rather than a visual, and since we'll each have a very brief moment in no more than a quarter of the screen, it probably wouldn't show too much. Looking forward to your entry! :D

GinnyT11
08-04-2013, 04:37 AM
Come on, three! We need three!

One, two, and then three...give me three to reach 50 singers!

The door closes Wednesday, but come on, three today...

barefootgypsy
08-04-2013, 07:29 AM
Come on, three! We need three!

One, two, and then three...give me three to reach 50 singers!

The door closes Wednesday, but come on, three today...Ginny I've been so short on time with all sorts on the go, and I'm not sure about the technicalities but I have downloaded the necessary files, and I will try to do it for you tonight!

barefootgypsy
08-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Done. I've sent my contribution to Bill - hope it's ok! Thanks for the opportunity to take part ..... it's a privilege!

GinnyT11
08-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Great, Lesley! I'm glad you'll be in this group sing. :D

That's 48 contributors, which is perilously close to 50!!

Will we make it today...? Who can step in and get us over the top?

GinnyT11
08-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Wow, cheers for UncleMoon!!! He's number 49!

Who will hit the jackpot as the 50th contributor?

:D :) :eek: :)

TCK
08-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Yep- let's call that fifty. Done- it ain't good (man is playing in headphones hard or WHAT?) but it is in Bill's inbox :)

GinnyT11
08-04-2013, 02:41 PM
50 contributors to the Anthem!

23skidoo, 29moons, alemarco, barefootgypsy, bird's eye view of my uke, bonesigh; caukulele(&Ray), CTurner, decaturcomp, Dougf, DWitt, electrauke, elmann, erivel, filipinouker, frisbee fred(&Audrey), GaryC1968, GinnyT11, glass, J-Peg, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, ksiegel, librainian, mattydee, mikef, myrnaukulele, ombracorta, peewee, pootsie, Raygf, southside mike, strumsilly, TCK. TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, thesillydave, TheUkeBloke, Tootler, Uke4ia, Ukelites, UkeyDave, ukuleledaddy, ukuleledaveey, ukuLily Mars, ukuloonie, UncleMoon, wallyboy, we tigers, xommen, ~dave~~wave~

12 women contributors: alemarco; (ffred&)Audrey; barefootgypsy, bird's eye view of my uke; bonesigh; caukulele; filipinouker; GinnyT11; myrnaukulele; ukuLily Mars; 1/2 of Ukelites; 1/2 of we tigers...

Parade of States: Alaska, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin

Parade of Nations: Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Philippines, Switzerland, United Kingdom

There is still time to contribute, though the door will close on Wednesday night.

pootsie
08-04-2013, 06:17 PM
WOOOOOOO!
:rock:

barefootgypsy
08-05-2013, 12:34 AM
Brilliant, just brilliant! Hope I'm not the only one wearing monster earphones!

UkeyDave
08-05-2013, 01:23 AM
50 contributors to the Anthem!

Parade of Nations: Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Philippines, Switzerland, United Kingdom

There is still time to contribute, though the door will close on Wednesday night.

Has USA lost its Nation status? Just saying. ;-)

ukuLily Mars
08-05-2013, 05:44 AM
Have we no representative from Hawai'i? :(

Tootler
08-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Brilliant, just brilliant! Hope I'm not the only one wearing monster earphones!

It's OK I am too!...... Just remembered, I'm not, I used ear buds. I used big 'phones for a seasons video I did soon after.

Ginny, this is a great achievement. I am really looking forward to the final result.

Oh! And there's still time for a few more.

frisbee fred
08-05-2013, 08:38 AM
It's OK I am too!...... Just remembered, I'm not, I used ear buds. I used big 'phones for a seasons video I did soon after.

Ginny, this is a great achievement. I am really looking forward to the final result.

Oh! And there's still time for a few more.
Audrey would want me to point out that we were using her cute pink ear buds.....

GinnyT11
08-05-2013, 02:05 PM
51! Thank you, Christian! It would have been somehow hollow not to have the Seasons founder in the Anthem. I'm SO glad to have your contribution! :D

By the way, Seasonistas who follow this thread, are you all signed up in the Seasonistas group?
You get to have this icon on your profile page.
http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/GT3T11/Seasonistas_zps64ab625f.jpeg

Here's the link to the group: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/group.php?groupid=248
On the right side of the red bar, there's a drop-down menu Group Tools. One of the options there is Join.

GinnyT11
08-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Tum ta da! Our Catalonian singer-songwriter Barbablanca is number 52! Thanks, Berni!

Seasonistas, the door is beginning to close...

The deadline to get your contributions to Bill is tomorrow, Wednesday, before midnight in Atlanta.

PS—Austin1's entry will be here tomorrow—53!

wolfchs
08-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Tum ta da! Our Catalonian singer-songwriter Barbablanca is number 52! Thanks, Berni!

Seasonistas, the door is beginning to close...

The deadline to get your contributions to Bill is tomorrow, Wednesday, before midnight in Atlanta.

PS—Austin1's entry will be here tomorrow—53!

Nope Ginny! I just sent mine in to Bill's inbox so I guess I'm 53 and Tina's 54 :o
By the way, I'm like Filipinouker, representing both Philippines and Philadelphia! An entry for the Pennsylvanians!

GinnyT11
08-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Yippee! Yippie ki yay! Thank you, Mina!!

Wolfchs makes us 53 contributors!

23skidoo, 29moons, alemarco, barbablanca, bird's eye view of my uke, bonesigh; caukulele(&Ray), chrimess, CTurner, decaturcomp, Dougf, DWitt, electrauke, elmann, erivel, filipinouker, frisbee fred(&Audrey), GaryC1968, GinnyT11, glass, J-Peg, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, ksiegel, librainian, mattydee, mikef, myrnaukulele, ombracorta, peewee, pootsie, Raygf, southside mike, strumsilly, TCK. TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, thesillydave, TheUkeBloke, Tootler, Uke4ia, Ukelites, UkeyDave, ukuleledaddy, ukuleledaveey, ukuLily Mars, ukuloonie, UncleMoon, wallyboy, we tigers, wolfchs, xommen, ~dave~~wave~

13 women contributors: alemarco; (ffred&)Audrey; barefootgypsy, bird's eye view of my uke; bonesigh; caukulele; filipinouker; GinnyT11; myrnaukulele; ukuLily Mars; wolfchs, 1/2 of Ukelites; 1/2 of we tigers...

Parade of U.S. States: Alaska, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin

Parade of Nations: Australia, Canada, Catalonia, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Philippines, [Portugal to come], Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States

GinnyT11
08-07-2013, 05:20 AM
We are now 54! Danke schoen, Austin1!

Today is the deadline for contributions to the Anthem!

The curtains will close tonight at midnight in Atlanta.

There's still a day to get an entry to Bill, who is polishing his electronic tools in preparation for his part to begin.

kleblanc
08-07-2013, 05:38 AM
I cannot wait to see how he is gonna squeeze all these people into such a little box of time. Going to be amazing!

uke4ia
08-07-2013, 12:53 PM
How is it we have 54 uke players and not one Hawaiian? Pueo, where are you?

GinnyT11
08-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Pueo is 55!

GinnyT11
08-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I present
55 Seasonista ANTHEMITES!

23skidoo, 29moons, alemarco, austin1, barefootgypsy, barbablanca,
bird's eye view of my uke, bonesigh; caukulele(&Ray), chrimess,
CTurner, decaturcomp, Dougf, DWitt, electrauke, elmann, erivel, filipinouker,
frisbee fred(&Audrey), GaryC1968, GinnyT11, glass, J-Peg, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, ksiegel, librainian, mattydee, mikef, myrnaukulele, ombracorta, peewee, pootsie, Pueo, Raygf, southside mike, strumsilly, TCK, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters,
thesillydave, TheUkeBloke, Tootler, Uke4ia, Ukelites, UkeyDave, ukuleledaddy, ukuleledaveey, ukuLily Mars, ukuloonie, UncleMoon, wallyboy, we tigers,
wolfchs, xommen, ~dave~~wave~

GinnyT11
08-07-2013, 08:57 PM
http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/GT3T11/gong_zps23c46929.jpg

barefootgypsy
08-08-2013, 01:41 AM
I'm not there........ ?????

Sent the link to Bill on 4th August. Just checked and the video wasn't watched. Oh well....... that's life.

xommen
08-08-2013, 02:08 AM

Sent the link to Bill on 4th August. Just checked and the video wasn't watched. Oh well....... that's life.

I would leave It up there, I'm sure Bill can squeeze it in and I personally think 55 is a nice number ;-).

barefootgypsy
08-08-2013, 02:29 AM
I would leave It up there, I'm sure Bill can squeeze it in and I personally think 55 is a nice number ;-).

I sent it to him on Sunday...... something's gone wrong. It doesn't matter.... but I need to check I sent it to the right person - 23Skidoo - right?

xommen
08-08-2013, 03:53 AM
I sent it to him on Sunday...... something's gone wrong. It doesn't matter.... but I need to check I sent it to the right person - 23Skidoo - right?

Yep that is Bill, maybe you should update Ginny via PM?

GinnyT11
08-08-2013, 04:27 AM
Sent the link to Bill on 4th August. Just checked and the video wasn't watched.

Lesley, when you sent your link, I put your name in the List of Women, but failed to put it in the main list. It's there now; we're 55. Sorry that I slipped there, but it's straight now. And it wasn't watched because Bill has been working hard at his day job. I'm sure he'll check in soon. (I'm glad to help—send me a PM if you have other questions.)

pootsie
08-08-2013, 04:53 AM

23skidoo, 29moons, alemarco, austin1, barefootgypsy, barbablanca, bird's eye view of my uke, bonesigh; caukulele(&Ray), chrimess, CTurner, decaturcomp, Dougf, DWitt, electrauke, elmann, erivel, filipinouker, frisbee fred(&Audrey), GaryC1968, GinnyT11, glass, J-Peg, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, ksiegel, librainian, mattydee, mikef, myrnaukulele, ombracorta, peewee, pootsie, Pueo, Raygf, southside mike, strumsilly, TCK, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, thesillydave, TheUkeBloke, Tootler, Uke4ia, Ukelites, UkeyDave, ukuleledaddy, ukuleledaveey, ukuLily Mars, ukuloonie, UncleMoon, wallyboy, we tigers, wolfchs, xommen, ~dave~~wave~

Woot woot!

ukuLily Mars
08-08-2013, 04:57 AM
Glad Pueo made it! It wouldn't have felt right to not have Hawai'i represented. Three cheers to all of us!

Bill, I know you still have work ahead of you, but thanks for putting this video together and for all of your support during the process.

Ginny, you have done an extraordinary job of initiating the project, explaining it in a way that even those of us who are not-so-adept at the technological process could wrap our brains around (in my case that took a little time), coordinating and keeping track of the entries, and, most importantly, encouraging as many of us as possibly could it to get involved. For geographical reasons, I have to play alone pretty much all of the time, and it was nice to jam with my far-flung friends, even if only virtually. Thanks for making this happen.

GinnyT11
08-08-2013, 05:04 AM
Ginny,... Thanks for making this happen.

It's been a blast, really. I love interacting with Seasonistas, and I like coordinating. On my business card it says, Writer, Editor, Coordinator.

GinnyT11
08-08-2013, 06:17 AM

23skidoo, 29moons, alemarco, austin1, barefootgypsy, barbablanca,
bird's eye view of my uke, bonesigh; caukulele(&Ray), chrimess,
CTurner, decaturcomp, Dougf, DWitt, electrauke, elmann, erivel, filipinouker,
frisbee fred(&Audrey), GaryC1968, GinnyT11, glass, J-Peg, jazzbanjorex, kleblanc, ksiegel, librainian, mattydee, mikef, myrnaukulele, ombracorta, peewee, pootsie, Pueo, Raygf, southside mike, strumsilly, TCK, TheOnlyUkeThatMatters,
thesillydave, TheUkeBloke, Tootler, Uke4ia, Ukelites, UkeyDave, ukuleledaddy, ukuleledaveey, ukuLily Mars, ukuloonie, UncleMoon, wallyboy, we tigers,
wolfchs, xommen, ~dave~~wave~

I just love this—it's so exciting!

barefootgypsy
08-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Ginny, Bill, Xommen .... I'm feeling very silly, I saw the final list this morning thought it was the definitive list for the Anthem video - and when I wasn't on it I thought that Bill hadn't got my video, perhaps because his inbox might have been full.... especially when I checked the vid and saw 0 views..... Silly, silly me..... of COURSE he hasn't had time to put it all together yet! :bowdown::o. I'm such a fool...... sorry Bill! I'll just go and crawl back into my teapot.... and leave you to get on with it in peace.....

ukuLily Mars
08-08-2013, 10:04 AM
It's okay, Lesley. This is a new thing for all of us! Better to just drink out of that teapot.

decaturcomp
08-08-2013, 10:08 AM
BIG ups to Ginny and Bill, y'all!
I prefer to pronounce our new monicker "an them ITE' Es" rather like Archimedes. Call me goofy, just don't call me late for breakfast.

I just love this—it's so exciting!

barefootgypsy
08-08-2013, 10:29 AM
I second that! A great idea - and I think a lot of work will be going into the execution of it - VERY much appreciated.

GinnyT11
08-08-2013, 10:47 AM
I prefer to pronounce our new monicker "an them ITE' Es" rather like Archimedes. Call me goofy, just don't call me late for breakfast.

But in prehistory, the Anthemites smote the Midianites, who smote the Chrismaslites because they were always singing out front.

pootsie
08-08-2013, 11:16 AM
But in prehistory, the Anthemites smote the Midianites, who smote the Chrismaslites because they were always singing out front.
Just don't smite the Ukelites!

uke4ia
08-08-2013, 11:54 AM
"Oh, wouldst I could kick the habit and give up smoting for good."

UncleMoon
08-08-2013, 12:18 PM
It's been a blast, really. I love interacting with Seasonistas, and I like coordinating. On my business card it says, Writer, Editor, Coordinator.

Cat herder. :)

ukuLily Mars
08-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Cat herder. :)
It's funny because it's true.

Which reminds me: Ginny, I told TCK that if he did his anthem video, next year the Seasonista video would be Cuanto Le Gusta. That's okay, right? I didn't think you'd mind.

GinnyT11
08-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Which reminds me: Ginny, I told TCK that if he did his anthem video, next year the Seasonista video would be Cuanto Le Gusta. That's okay, right? I didn't think you'd mind.

Egad, Lily!:) I think the Anthem is a one-time project!
When I first started, I had sort of thought we might get 30+ Seasonistas in it. I know the song is sappy and bland, and all you ukers have much more interesting playing styles. But we got to 35 people. Then after sending out another 40 PMs and getting close to 50 entries, the idea became really exciting and all-absorbing to me. (I do need a rest from all this coordinating and thread-following.) Having 55 participants is amazing. The non-uking friends I tell about this are impressed, fascinated, and very eager to see it.

GinnyT11
08-10-2013, 04:18 AM
Bill will stop by when he can with updates on how the technical part of the Anthem is coming along, but feel free to talk among yourselves about it. I see there are scores of views of the thread even when there's not a new post.

Is there a way we can have a party when the Anthem video premieres?

UkeyDave
08-10-2013, 04:51 AM
Is there a way we can have a party when the Anthem video premieres?

Hi Ginny, Great work on collating the info for this project.
Do we have a rough date or otherwise for the Premiere?

TCK
08-10-2013, 05:20 AM
Reprise...just sayin'
It's funny because it's true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8UoD4RAK1Y

GinnyT11
08-10-2013, 05:49 AM
Hi Ginny, Great work on collating the info for this project.
Do we have a rough date or otherwise for the Premiere?

First, Dave, I'd like to thank you for being the first uker to step up and submit a recording.

Bill's doing this Anthem work when he's not working or playing gigs with Woven Pines, and he can't say just when it will be done. The last he mentioned about this is to look for it in the first half of September. We'll start a new thread to present it.

I think you should be wearing a tux or an evening gown the first time you watch the video, as a way to elevate the premiere when we're talking 55 singers representing 21 states and 11 nations.

ukuleledaveey
08-10-2013, 12:46 PM
I seriously think this could make local news programs globally ,i will certainly do my bit in trying to promote the wonderful chums i have on here :), im so excited about seeing the final video i cant wait :)

ukuLily Mars
08-10-2013, 03:57 PM
First, Dave, I'd like to thank you for being the first uker to step up and submit a recording.

Bill's doing this Anthem work when he's not working or playing gigs with Woven Pines, and he can't say just when it will be done. The last he mentioned about this is to look for it in the first half of September. We'll start a new thread to present it.

I think you should be wearing a tux or an evening gown the first time you watch the video, as a way to elevate the premiere when we're talking 55 singers representing 21 states and 11 nations.

You want me to wear an evening gown? Then it would be just like any other day.

GinnyT11
08-10-2013, 05:12 PM
You want me to wear an evening gown? Then it would be just like any other day.

You look like this every day, Lily? Does it make it hard to read the Racing Form?

ukuLily Mars
08-10-2013, 06:18 PM
You look like this every day, Lily? Does it make it hard to read the Racing Form?

You have no idea. That ink gets everywhere. My gloves are filthy.

23skidoo
08-14-2013, 06:12 AM
Howdy Seasonistas! Sorry for my absence, but life has intervened over the last week or two and I haven't been able to spend much time on our Anthem project. Things have settled down and the calendar is clear for the foreseeable future, so work has resumed. I've downloaded all the final contributions received in the last week or two - thanks everyone! They all sound great.

There are a few loose ends to tie up regarding rerecording and resubmitting contributions, but I'm hoping to have all of the recordings finalized by this weekend. I've begun the final mix on the audio and I'm really amazed by how well it's working out. Once all the contributions are in, it will only be a few days to get the audio portion of the project finished up. The hard part will be getting all the video edited and synced up with audio. I'm going to have plenty of time to devote to the project, but I'm still thinking it's going to take at least a couple of weeks - I've never tackled a project of this scope so I'm not even sure how to estimate the timeframe. I'll definitely check in every couple of days and keep you all posted.

Thanks again everyone for all the great recordings and hard work - this is going to be fun!

mattydee
08-14-2013, 06:40 AM
Wahoo! Thanks, Bill!

Howdy Seasonistas! Sorry for my absence, but life has intervened over the last week or two and I haven't been able to spend much time on our Anthem project. Things have settled down and the calendar is clear for the foreseeable future, so work has resumed. I've downloaded all the final contributions received in the last week or two - thanks everyone! They all sound great.

There are a few loose ends to tie up regarding rerecording and resubmitting contributions, but I'm hoping to have all of the recordings finalized by this weekend. I've begun the final mix on the audio and I'm really amazed by how well it's working out. Once all the contributions are in, it will only be a few days to get the audio portion of the project finished up. The hard part will be getting all the video edited and synced up with audio. I'm going to have plenty of time to devote to the project, but I'm still thinking it's going to take at least a couple of weeks - I've never tackled a project of this scope so I'm not even sure how to estimate the timeframe. I'll definitely check in every couple of days and keep you all posted.

Thanks again everyone for all the great recordings and hard work - this is going to be fun!

barefootgypsy
08-14-2013, 08:22 AM

Thanks again everyone for all the great recordings and hard work - this is going to be fun!Bill you are an absolute star! I think the hardest work will be in your department! Appreciation in spades....... :bowdown::bowdown:

UkeyDave
08-14-2013, 10:49 AM

I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait. Thanks for all your hard work Bill. Big respect.

electrauke
08-15-2013, 08:27 PM

That's good, take as much time as you need. Thanks a lot!

electrauke
08-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Ginny maybe we can have a kind of launch party. Maybe we can Skype or use Google Hangout. I am not sure how many people can be on a Google Hangout or a Skype call. I do know it would be pretty hectic with 55 in the same group! Maybe we can figure something out.

GinnyT11
08-16-2013, 04:00 AM
Ginny maybe we can have a kind of launch party. Maybe we can Skype or use Google Hangout. I am not sure how many people can be on a Google Hangout or a Skype call. I do know it would be pretty hectic with 55 in the same group! Maybe we can figure something out.

Great idea, Andre! I doubt all 55 would be available and watching at the same time, but if Google Hangout is a chat room, it might enhance the fun of the launch to be able to chat in real time with each other. It would be streamlined, too, to have quick comments without quoted text and/or a signature block each time. Could you please look into that?

glass
08-16-2013, 05:15 AM
Great idea, Andre! I doubt all 55 would be available and watching at the same time, but if Google Hangout is a chat room, it might enhance the fun of the launch to be able to chat in real time with each other. It would be streamlined, too, to have quick comments without quoted text and/or a signature block each time. Could you please look into that?

I think google handles at the most 8. Maybe the mini jam site would be good....

29moons
08-16-2013, 05:36 AM
From the Hangout site FAQ page:

Is there a participant or time limit in hangouts?

Hangouts are limited to 10 video conference participants, with no time limit. You can also use Hangouts On Air to broadcast a hangout to many more people, though there is still a limit of 10 active participants.

Maybe Microsoft Office Live Meeting - Can have 1,250 live users (as opposed to dead users) at once. Just an idea. free download.

GinnyT11
08-16-2013, 05:45 AM
We don't need a video conference.
Can we set up a dedicated chat room—say, an all-purpose SEASONS chat room—that remains standing when it's empty, but can handle any number of participants just to post comments? Then someone can say, "Hey, I just watched the Anthem again and this time I saw..."
It would be good if you can use your UU ID so that we'll know who you are without your avatar and sig block.

You ought to be able to just observe in this chat room, too; there have been lots of non-Seasonistas watching this thread.

I'll be glad to manage it, if I knew what to do. Send me suggestions, with instructions as if you're talking to a golden retriever.

decaturcomp
08-16-2013, 11:21 AM
uuminijams is normally available. there's a facebook page named that that we can use to announce a jam/discussion/whatever.
it's a little flakier than some places (skype/hangout) to set up mic and camera but it works pretty nicely with a builtin webcam and a headset. (iPhone earbuds with speaker work well). FWIW
There's live text chat there if you're able to audit but not to get your camera or mic working.
http://uuminijams.blogspot.ca/

electrauke
08-30-2013, 06:18 PM
I am trying to find some kind of website or software that we could do a chat in. I'll keep looking!

decaturcomp
08-30-2013, 06:51 PM
I am trying to find some kind of website or software that we could do a chat in. I'll keep looking!
http://uuminijams.blogspot.ca/

Hi there pal!

UkeyDave
11-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Hey Folks - Does anyone know what was the outcome of this project? Have I missed something?

we tigers
11-13-2013, 01:11 AM
I think Bill is still working on it. I'm sure looking forward to the finished video.

GinnyT11
11-13-2013, 01:33 AM
The sound engineering went well, but the video syncing of 55 faces to the small moment each will be on screen is taking more time than originally planned. And Bill is working on it in his spare time.

I will joyfully announce the premiere with bells and trumpets when it's finally ready.

mikef
11-13-2013, 01:41 AM
I'm sure it will be worth the wait. It's a MASSIVE undertaking and I'm sure all the Seasonistas Assembled appreciate just how much effort Bill is putting in.

pootsie
11-13-2013, 04:24 AM
Bill rocks! Yay Bill! Wooooo!

I can't wait to hear it

bonesigh
11-13-2013, 04:37 AM
Yep, thanks for all the work Bill (:

wee_ginga_yin
11-13-2013, 06:31 AM
I remember I once tried to do a collaboration with a friend in Ireland.
It near broke my heart trying to get it to work. In the end I just gave up.
So I am feeling for Bill as he wrestles with tens of people. It is a mammoth task.

glass
11-13-2013, 06:38 AM
Kudos to bill!! Keep it up cant wait to see how it comes out!