I'm not impressed with Uke Republic customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Simian

Reaction score
I've now ordered twice from them and both times I received an e-mail that the received my order and then nothing confirming that my item was shipped. Both time I've had to contact them to find out what was going on with my order after waiting a few days to hear from them. First time I was given an excuse that some automated e-mail program didn't work. This time I wasn't given an excuse; I was told that my item would be getting sent out tomorrow, almost a week after I placed my order. Granted these are small items that I've purchased, but I am very close to having the funds to make a major uke purchase. UR has the uke I want at a reasonable price. However I'm now uneasy about ordering and then having to wonder if I'll ever see my item. Every company I've ordered from online has always kept me in the loop about the status of my order except UR. Personally, I doubt I'll give them anymore business.

I've now ordered twice from them and both times I received an e-mail that the received my order and then nothing confirming that my item was shipped. Both time I've had to contact them to find out what was going on with my order after waiting a few days to hear from them. First time I was given an excuse that some automated e-mail program didn't work. This time I wasn't given an excuse; I was told that my item would be getting sent out tomorrow, almost a week after I placed my order. Granted these are small items that I've purchased, but I am very close to having the funds to make a major uke purchase. UR has the uke I want at a reasonable price. However I'm now uneasy about ordering and then having to wonder if I'll ever see my item. Every company I've ordered from online has always kept me in the loop about the status of my order except UR. Personally, I doubt I'll give them anymore business.

I know that they were on vacation a week ago. That could explain the delay. It is a two person business.

I've made a number of purchases, and everything has always been top-notch. It's too bad your experiences have been different.

I have had (very) poor service as well, but you aren't allowed to say that here...
... before the fanboys come to the rescue.

Just spend your $$$$ elsewhere, I do.

+1 for Uke Republic. Call Mike, tell him what you want, and he'll make sure you get it! Great ukes, with great setups, and great service every time.

EDIT: Not a fanboy, just a satisfied repeat customer.

It's easy to forget how small most (all?) uke shops are in the days of Amazon Prime... All of which I am aware are small businesses, the largest has less than 15 employees, and most have 2-5. Is it possible to have bad service at a shop with a good reputation? Yes. However, please remember that you are dealing with small businesses here, not huge corporations with robots and 2 day delivery.

Just my :2cents:

+1 for Uke Republic. Call Mike, tell him what you want, and he'll make sure you get it! Great ukes, with great setups, and great service every time.

EDIT: Not a fanboy, just a satisfied repeat customer.
I've never ordered from UR, and I'm new around here so I don't care either way, but I don't see why you should have to call to tell them what you want. If you've made an order. it should include all pertinent information and I assume that it's implicit in the fact that an order has been placed that you want good service. You shouldn't have to call and tell them that.

Neither a "fan" or a boy, he's just given me good service when I've ordered...simple
I have had (very) poor service as well, but you aren't allowed to say that here...

It's easy to forget how small most (all?) uke shops are in the days of Amazon Prime... All of which I am aware are small businesses, the largest has less than 15 employees, and most have 2-5. Is it possible to have bad service at a shop with a good reputation? Yes. However, please remember that you are dealing with small businesses here, not huge corporations with robots and 2 day delivery.

Just my :2cents:

Not asking for any special, out of the way service, just shoot me an e-mail that says, "Order has shipped, let us know if there are any problems." Big or small business, keeping your customer in the loop is a good thing.

Neither a "fan" or a boy, he's just given me good service when I've ordered...simple

I judge "good service" on how a *problem* is handled when it arises. Problems happen, I understand that...
...look how HMS took care of the cracked Koalana problem, or how Mim did with the bad batch of Eleuke Peanuts. IMO those are examples of excellent service, and that is why they are the first two vendors I check when buying ukes. My experience with UkeRepublic was the exact opposite.

Not a fan boy either....I'm a middle age old man...LOL :) these days everybody expects things so fast, maybe I'm way older than you and more patient....
I've always had great service from Mike and it has been a pleasure to do business with him...I can't understand why you would say this on a public forum...
To me buying a uke from a business or private owner, it does not matter...I do not mind waiting, 10 days is not unreasonable to me....Hell I've had packages
come by boat take as long as 5-6 weeks....

Last edited:
I do not mind waiting, 10 days is not unreasonable to me....Hell I've had packages

I don't mind waiting either just keep me in the loop. I don't believe what I'm asking for is out of the ordinary.

Same here

Well spoken.:eek:ld:

Not a fan boy either....I'm a middle age old man...LOL :) these days everybody expects things so fast, maybe I'm way older than you and more patient....
I've always had great service from Mike and it has been a pleasure to do business with him...I can't understand why you would say this on a public forum...
To me buying a uke from a business or private owner, it does not matter...I do not mind waiting, 10 days is not unreasonable to me....Hell I've had packages
I'm not old (I don't think 27 counts as old :p), but I also will wait long time for things I order. I've ordered things from overseas and it's taken 3 months to get here, and I'll wait it happily if it's the thing I want. I also have a US post office box that I check once a month or so. I could pay extra shipping to get things to my house, but I don't mind waiting. I could go to the store and get a different version of it, but I'd rather wait and get the thing I want.

That being said, when I order something, I do like to be told something more than just "we got your money, thanks." In fact, I ordered a guitar case and book from Empire Music last week and all I knew was that they charged my credit card; they didn't send me an email or anything to tell me that they had gotten my order, or that they shipped it. I was going to email them today, actually, but the package showed up this morning. So, it turned out fine, but when you don't know what's going on with your order, it is annoying.

And the reality is that some folks have had excellent service from this vendor and some have not. That doesn't mean that those who have had good service and choose to so state are "fanboys" which is probably one of the most demeaning descriptions of an individual that can be levied in an online forum.

People who sing the praises of vendors from whom they had had good experiences are not necessarily mindless automatons. Yes, there are people who argue to the death in favor of positions that are not reasonably supported by facts, but I seriously doubt that many of the folks here who have positive things to say about Uke Republic fit that description.

I do agree that, if the OP is truely dissatisfied with the service from this vendor, then the best option is to move on to another vendor. I am not sure that there is much to be gained by raising an issue that typically attracts responses from both ends of the spectrum. There are certainly sham operations that should be outed, but Uke Republic is not one of them.

Last edited:
And the reality is that some folks have had excellent service from this vendor and some have not. That doesn't mean that those who have had good service and choose to so state are "fanboys" which is probably one of the most demeaning descriptions of an individual that can be levied in an online forum. People who sing the praises of vendors from whom they had had good experiences are not necessarily mindless automatons. Yes, there are people who argue to the death in favor of positions that are not reasonably supported by facts, but I seriously doubt that many of the folks here who have positive things to say about Uke Republic fit that description.

I do agree that, if the OP is truely dissatisfied with the service from this vendor, then the best option is to move on to another vendor.

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself, especially considering how annoyed/irritated I am right now.

And the reality is that some folks have had excellent service from this vendor and some have not. That doesn't mean that those who have had good service and choose to so state are "fanboys" which is probably one of the most demeaning descriptions of an individual that can be levied in an online forum. People who sing the praises of vendors from whom they had had good experiences are not necessarily mindless automatons. Yes, there are people who argue to the death in favor of positions that are not reasonably supported by facts, but I seriously doubt that many of the folks here who have positive things to say about Uke Republic fit that description.

I do agree that, if the OP is truely dissatisfied with the service from this vendor, then the best option is to move on to another vendor.
I agree, and that's the point of posting your experiences in a public forum. It's to see a trend. Are more people satisfied or dissatisfied? Based on the small number of examples in this thread (which isn't conclusive), it seems like the quality of service isn't consistent.

Another complaint,
I rarely come on the the Ukulele Underground but when I do I can not believe how much complaining there is.
the Ukulele is a beautiful,fun instrument to play,makes many people,families happy

the Ukulele Underground is a dysfunctional family,i will no longer be associated with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom