Song Help Request Visual learners

hybridnightmare

Reaction score
wow, so people can actually learn through youtube? like just by watching covers? i think thats crazy cuz i can barely see the chords they play

its all about knowing where to look and how to use search engines.

if i see a video of or hear a song i like, i will listen to it a bit and get to know the song, learning the lyrics, and getting the rhythm down in my head. from that point, google is your friend. search for the lyrics of the song. and make sure the lyrics you have are right. then search for the chords to the song. a good site for that is ultimate-guitar dot com. for jawaiian style music, tropicalstormhawaii dot com is a great reference. thats how i find out what chords to use. from there, i start making my own corrections and making up rhythms and accents to suit my own needs and abilities.

dont get stuck on only one resource. there are many all over the internet. use them for as long as you need them. eventually, you will start to notice that you will need them less and less.

and after enough time (varies from person to person) you may get as good as my brother bugoy and hear a song... disappear for 30 minutes... and come back playing the song from start to finish like he wrote it himself. hahaha, i hate him for that.

I am a visual learner mostly.
I can sort of read tabs, and I can sometimes figure out the melody line ( not the chords ) from listening, but for the most part I need to see someone else do it first:(
O well

Aloha
Acabooe:cool:

Wow I just can't learn by hear, else it takes me half of the day searching for the right notes.
But i'm a visual learner, i would say that i HAVE to see someone playing the song (on YouTube or in front of me) to learn it.

as for me i know how to read tabs but its kinda boring/frustrating, i do it but before i use the tabs i like to learn it by ear first, see how close i get to the actual thing. that way also helps because im it makes it less stressful to read the tabs. it kinda makes it releaving because it shows me that note i was missing. some songs though you just need to have tabs/some sort of video to learn it.

Top Bottom