Thought I would share this

bonesigh

Reaction score
Walked out the back door this afternoon in our small town in VA. Checking on the kids and for a moment I was confused....I heard ukulele music but...it wasn't me. Wasn't my kids either. Just some teenager I didn't recognize walking down the street playing. Warms my heart :) Plus it feels good knowing that I might have had a little something to do with it because I'm the one who introduced this instrument to the elementary school.

Thanks I needed a story like this.

Now he'll teach a friend or two who will then ......

Awesome. :) Warmed my heart as well.

I know this made me feel good today and I'm glad to see it made others smile too. Wanted to go after them and talk to them but, well, you know...no talking to strangers! Sorry to hear about your bad day itsme. You know you'll fell better after some ukin :)

Cool!

My almost-13-year-old daughter used to hate my uke playing. But last month, she asked me to show her a few chords on the uke. She now has played for friends (not for me, though).

She went to the beach with a friend this week, and her friend asked my daughter to bring her uke. Now, she has shown her friend how to play! I predict I can infiltrate her junior high school with the uke!

That is cool!!! Did you also infect that student with the dreaded UAS??????

Back when I had my first uke at university this happened twice. I became friends with a guy and a girl in my year, jammed at her dorm once.

Top Bottom