The new find

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
If anyone remembers, me and my daughter restored a busted up Gibson Les Paul a couple years ago. My daughter has been wanting to take lead on her own rebuild/restoration since, and now that she is 16, and been playing guitar for several years, learned alot about not just playing, but the care, maintenance, and restoration, I thought she was ready. We found this FrankenGibby. We aren't sure what exactly it is. I wrote Gibson, and they agree that it is obviously a custom, maybe done in a custom shop outside of the Gibson shops, but it is Gibson, and probably a one of a kind. The neck is an early L5S neck, the body is unknown, Gibson said it may have been an experimental body blank that never materialized into anything, and ended up in someone's shop. But at any rate, the project was never finsihed, and we are planning a total rebuild of it in a L5S configuration. The daughter is busy working on a design as far as colors, finsih, etc. And I will take lead on the electrical based on her design. Here it is as found. I will post updates if there is an interest. It plays as is pretty nice, and I think this could turn out to be a pretty awesome guitar.

P1090930_zpsda695512.jpg

P1090929_zps3daca80f.jpg

P1090928_zps7a0790ad.jpg

P1090927b_zps4ded3dc6.jpg

Top Bottom