Cordoba Guitalele

Contrails

Reaction score
For those of you who are considering a guitalele you might like to consider the new Cordoba guitalele. I have to say I am quiet impressed by it.

I started playing guitars from my teens and stopped playing for about 20 years. Recently I picked up the ukulele and was hooked by it. It's like an addiction. Hangon, it is an addiction. So I went out and bought myself a guitar again to 'rekindle' my first love but found it way too big now. Its is Ginormous! Haha. But not wanting to give up the guitar I started searching for a small size guitar. I tried all sorts, mainly Yamahas. Didn't like them all especially the Yamaha guitalele. I found the strings had too low tension and sounded awful. No offense to all of you who own one here. It's just not for me. I ended up buying a baby Taylor. Tunes like a normal guitar and sounds much better, though i find it a little too bright. I tried some of the requintos as well but didn't like them as much. Maybe it is because I have never owned a classical guitar that's why my taste is biased.

Yesterday I saw the cordoba guitalele in store and just thought I try it out. Wow I have to say I am quiet impressed by it. Compared to the yamaha it is much nicer sounding. But pricier. And I could actually play it and enjoy it.

So for those of you on a look out for a guitalele you might want to consider this. I am not a store owner or have any association with any instrument makers just to make it clear.

Cheers
Ryan

I have a Cordoba Requinto 480, which is a small guitar tuned EADGBE, like a regular guitar. With a scale length of 480 mm, it's just a bit longer than the Cordoba Guilele, which has a scale length of 438 mm, and similar nut width (46 mm for the requinto, 47 mm for the guilele). The requinto 480, which is no longer being made (Cordoba still makes a requinto with a 580 mm scale length), has a solid cedar top and laminated mahogany back and sides. My requinto is a very well-made instrument with a really nice sound. I'm sure the guilele is just as nice.

Last edited:
The solid top version is much nicer than the GP100. But for someone looking for a Guilele, but unsure if they REALLY want one, the GP100 is probably the best thing on the market. Probably why I sell so many.

The New Gretsch Guilele is killer also. Have you had a chance to play one of those?

Top Bottom