Really smart wall hanger

That is really clever! This is a great option for people in apartments who can't drill into the wall to hang a traditional hanger. Just get some of those Command hooks and you're good to go!

That is really clever! This is a great option for people in apartments who can't drill into the wall to hang a traditional hanger. Just get some of those Command hooks and you're good to go!

So true!!
Once I figure it out maybe I will post a thing on it.

Well, the listing does specify geared tuners...but I think you'd be okay with friction tuners as long as you tighten the knot below the knob. Violin style pegs on the other hand...I wouldn't trust this with them.

Well, the listing does specify geared tuners...but I think you'd be okay with friction tuners as long as you tighten the knot below the knob. Violin style pegs on the other hand...I wouldn't trust this with them.

with the noose design I think it would be great and not fall of either. I will make some and get back to y'all

I am a little concerned that this puts the back of a ukulele in contact with the wall, maybe I am a freak to worry that it might harm or scuff the finish?

I am a little concerned that this puts the back of a ukulele in contact with the wall, maybe I am a freak to worry that it might harm or scuff the finish?

That was one of my first concerns as well, but I figure once it's up, it's just going to hang there. You're not going to put the loop on the hook, then let the uke go so it bangs into the wall (at least I hope not!). As long as your wall stays put you'll be fine. If your wall starts to dance around on you...there's probably something else that warrants your concern more then the finish on your uke.

That was one of my first concerns as well, but I figure once it's up, it's just going to hang there. You're not going to put the loop on the hook, then let the uke go so it bangs into the wall (at least I hope not!). As long as your wall stays put you'll be fine. If your wall starts to dance around on you...there's probably something else that warrants your concern more then the finish on your uke.

Well, I do live in California....walls do sometimes dance around a bit! However, I was just thinking about different rates of expansion and contraction. Maybe I over think these things!

Well, I do live in California....walls do sometimes dance around a bit! However, I was just thinking about different rates of expansion and contraction. Maybe I over think these things!

Honestly, unless you have a stucco or similarly textured surface I wouldn't worry about it. You could always use some of that sticky backed felt on the wall where the uke would touch if you're really worried about it. I really like the move-ability of these hangers, even if you decide to use sticky felt. No holes to fill!

I use rubber bands.

Nail or hook in wall, and simply put a rubber band around either friction or geared pegs, and hang on wall.

Here's the neat part--if the rubber band is a tad long, just twist the uke a couple times while it's hanging on the rubber band, the band twists up and it becomes as "tight" as you want on the uke. Never will fall off...it's grippy and good. I think the rubbery "grip" of the rubber band is really a key part of it.

I actually use a rubberband method sometimes to hook a uke to the towel hook when I take a shower in the wintertime to give the uke a humidified "drink".

They work great! And the cost: well, see below. I'll save everyone the calculator work: it works out to 1.6 cents per band/per hanging uke! And, they do come in colors if one is so inclined.

Just my two cents...er...1.6 cents.

http://www.amazon.com/Alliance-Ster...8&qid=1372393667&sr=8-4&keywords=rubber+bands

Last edited:
I saw these a while back, and I also so happen to have a giant box full of hundreds of feet of paracord in multiple colours (I'm mildly obsessed with paracord). I decided to make one for my daughter's Dolphin, but haven't decided about the others. I'm not afraid the dolphin will dry out since it's plastic, so I don't care about keeping it in its case. I haven't made it yet, but now you've reminded me, so I will go do that!

My other ukes are laminte and wood, so I don't know. It's a question of whether I want them on the wall, or if I think I should keep them in their cases with a humidifier. Might seem overkill for laminates, but I live in a really dry climate with harsh and sudden fluctuations in temperature. Anyway, that's a tangent.

Top Bottom