Finding Glenn Gould's Grave - one ukulele player's journey

PeteyHoudini

Reaction score
I recently went to Toronto, Canada and tried to find Glenn Gould's grave during a heat wave. I'm a Bach and Gould fan so I made a mini video peppered with a bit of ukulele. I will record the full ukulele song that you hear at the end of the video called "Little Fugue for Bach and Gould" this weekend. This video is a kind of prelude to the fugue song.

Finding Glenn Gould's Grave - one ukulele player's journey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B1VMMcWUPI

cheers,

Petey

Thanks Petey. No one could play those Inventions like Gould.

Your timing is good on this post. I just recently re-watched the excellent "32 Short Films About Glenn Gould".

And yeah, he was the quintessential interpreter of Bach on the piano.

Your timing is good on this post. I just recently re-watched the excellent "32 Short Films About Glenn Gould".
And yeah, he was the quintessential interpreter of Bach on the piano.

As I've now reached a nicely advanced stage in my ukulele playing with my favourite Martin instruments, I've been considering going back to my classical piano lessons at my advanced age of 48! LOL No, I'm not giving up the uke. I think I can now split my practicing time between two instruments. I've been working on some short Bach piano pieces so I've been thinking about Gould a lot and since I was going to Toronto to jam with a friend's band on the ukulele, I made it into a mini adventure to find Gould's grave. I also ordered on amazon the "32 films about Glenn Gould" and will watch it this weekend. Strangely enough, I had never seen it despite my years of classical piano lessons.

Gould has nothing really to do with ukulele players but I infuse ukulele into all the things I like! Bach is my fav. for sure. I will record my Bach and Gould fugue on Sunday. I've added in a bit of the visual figure 8 rhythmic strumming and that's taking some work.

Top Bottom