Pair of Maccaferri Ukes!

Tommy B

Reaction score
I posted this before, but the buyer backed out and I never got around to reposting. I'm divesting myself of everything I don't play, and that includes my plastic collection. I know some folks really like playing these things, but in a house full of wood ukes, I just can't bring myself to strum the Styron! :D

So here we go. This is a very nice Maccaferri Islander and a Maccaferri TV Pal. Both ukes for $100 + actual shipping.

The Islander has no cracks except for on one tuner button, which has been repaired. It features the original "Genuine Styron" sticker and the "sprocket" style rosette. It was missing its plastic saddle, so I've shaped one from Corian. I was going to put a drop of glue to hold the new saddle in place, but I decided not to in case the new owner wants to take the action down. But the action is, IMO, very nice as is. The string tension is holding it in place. The strings are Ko'olau golds, which I think look spiffy on this uke. Part of the lettering on the headstock is smeared, and there are two small blemishes on either side of the neck at the base of the headstock. These are from a wall-hanger. They're barely visible and not an issue, but worth mentioning.

The TV Pal is complete with original friction pegs. There was a crack/seam separation at the bottom of the soundboard, where the soundboard came loose from the side. This glued up nicely and is no longer an issue. The area around the repair has lost its shine, however. The TV Pal also has the two blemishes on the neck near the headstock. This uke is strung with new D'Addario strings.

I'm asking $100 + actual shipping. The ukes have been carefully double-boxed for safe transit. Please PM me if you have any questions. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_2589.jpg
    IMG_2589.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2592.jpg
    IMG_2592.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2597.jpg
    IMG_2597.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2598.jpg
    IMG_2598.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2599.jpg
    IMG_2599.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 43
More pics. Please note repaired tuner button and blemishes on neck.

Attachments

• IMG_2596.jpg
    IMG_2596.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2600.jpg
    IMG_2600.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2601.jpg
    IMG_2601.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2603.jpg
    IMG_2603.jpg