Gauging interest: Mainland Red Cedar/Rosewood Concert Neck Soprano Pineapple w/MiSi I

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukemunga

Reaction score
It's a stunningly beautiful instrument in both appearance and sound. I have loved it and pampered it. It is strung with Worth Brown Mediums and has a very mellow sound. Along with bright and punchy.

I find myself moving away from bright and punchy to do more mellow 1-person instrumental music as opposed to strumming. This instrument is fantastic as expressive accompaniment.

I'll figure out a fair price and post some photos before Monday. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks,
Fred

PS: I guess I can't edit the subject. Ignore the "I" after MiSi.

Ok... more info and photos, warts and all. I was widening the saddle slot for the pickup using an emery board. I caught the edges of the bridge with it. I'm sure a little touchup stain or even furniture scratch filler pen-type thing will hide it. It just shows up because it's lighter in color.

There's a small surface finish scratch at the bottom of the soundboard just above the endpin. Forceps slipped while restringing. Very minor.

The biggest whoops is a very small chunk that has chipped out of the back of the saddle slot just above the G string. It doesn't compromise the structure or the playability as there is still an edge below the chip. Could probably be filled very easily with epoxy but I didn't feel the need.

This uke plays and sounds GREAT. Currently strung with Worth Brown mediums for a very nice sound.

Here's the math:

$250 new at retail + $110 MiSi + $20 shipping = $380.

I'm looking for $280 shippped in conus. Will ship overseas IF you're willing to add all shipping and insurance charges plus professional packing.

PineappleBack.jpgPineappleHeadstock.jpgPineappleTuners.jpgPineappleFront.jpg

Last edited:
Ironically enough, I've got a passing interest in it.

(It's ironic because I sold ukemunga my KPK a while back as I was feeling my tastes moving away from mellow and into punchy).

I've been toying with the idea of adding one of these to my pineapple patch, so I may be interested. Not really looking for one with the MiSi but if the price is reasonable I would consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom