UAE20 buzzing problems

Zakulele

Reaction score
I've seen this mentioned in many reviews. The only remedy, but no instruction, I found was on harmony central and it said that you can tie the wires inside and it would stop.

Any help would be appreciated.

Loosen the 1/4" jack at the bottom of the uke a little bit. Stick theend of a sharpened pencil in it and rotate it (either or both directions) while strumming and stop rotating when the buzzing stops. Keep the pencil in the jack, while retightening, to keep the jack from moving. Another thing about the UAE20. The realy open up with rich tone and volume over a long period of regular playing. I demonstarted this to a local shop owner with my two and the one he has on display. He was amazed at the difference. My black one is over a year old and is full of tone and volume. I've had my red/black one for about 4 months, now and it has more tone and volume than the one on his display. If you have not yet done so, change the strings to Aquila Concerts. They make a big difference. Ric

Loosen the 1/4" jack at the bottom of the uke a little bit. Stick theend of a sharpened pencil in it and rotate it (either or both directions) while strumming and stop rotating when the buzzing stops. Keep the pencil in the jack, while retightening, to keep the jack from moving. Another thing about the UAE20. The realy open up with rich tone and volume over a long period of regular playing. I demonstarted this to a local shop owner with my two and the one he has on display. He was amazed at the difference. My black one is over a year old and is full of tone and volume. I've had my red/black one for about 4 months, now and it has more tone and volume than the one on his display. If you have not yet done so, change the strings to Aquila Concerts. They make a big difference. Ric

Ric, that is very clever.

Works perfectly, Thanks ricdoug
Aquila Concerts not Soprano right?

sweet! I've been plagued by that infernal buzzing as well. I was worried about breaking a wires, so I removed the control knobs and did the wire twist trick from that end (where you can see what you're doing) and it eliminated most of the buzzing. There is still a little rattle in the jack itself, but I've found that it does not rattle when something is plugged into it, so I keep a plug adaptor in the the case, and stick it in the jack to completely eliminate rattles and buzzes. I've been meaning to order some new strings as well, thanks for the tip!

Top Bottom