Silly question perhaps...

Booli

Reaction score
Please don't hate me for asking this...

I have great respect for the efforts of those fine ukulele enthusiasts here on UU, that have gone before me, and have no intents of malice, hubris nor other evil.

Please forgive me if this question is out of place, To quote a Gershwin tune, for I am like 'a babe in the woods', and feel lost, so please be kind.

Trying to do my due diligence, I have searched this sub-forum, and the parent forums, with every possible combination of the words 'season' and 'winner' that I can think of and I cannot find any info, on who the winner(s) were for any season (past or current).

Maybe I am just grievously inept at searching?

Either I'm missing something here, or this info is a closely held secret, which I am not privy to yet.

Being new to the forums here on UU, I am not intimately familiar with all of the protocols, so I sincerely apologize if I am speaking out of turn, or have offended anyone by asking. Please educate me, kindly.

Since having participated in both Seasons 70 and 71 now, diving right in and doing my best, I'm still trying to figure out how to focus my efforts based on inspiration from, and by the merit and success of those who have gone before me.

I feel a bit frustrated that I cannot find this historical information (i.e., past 'winners').

I am well aware of the good-natured community spirit that the Seasons contests have nurtured, and completely understand that this is not a 'cut-throat, dog-eat-dog, win-at-all-costs' competition, but instead is a friendly form of motivation intended to inspire and push each of us to further our skills, while still having fun.

If there is a place to see the past winners, maybe a helpful soul can point me to the correct message thread.

Otherwise if this information is somehow classified and available only to the Elders, and I have not yet earned the privilege to learn it, maybe I can be directed towards the path of the arduous journey by which I can prove myself worthy.

I understand the phrase, 'If you have to ask...', but I've never been one to let my curiosity rest, regardless of the possible consequences.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Booli

Hi booli, welcome to the forum and the Seasons!

Dave's got the link above---ukuloonie has thoughtfully collected all the info in one thread. The missing word in your search was "finalist" (which might be Canadian for "winner").

And don't worry, there's no "classified" information about the Seasons of the Ukulele. (Although there may be a few "Elders".) Here in the Seasons, the only bad/silly question is the one that doesn't get asked, so ask any question that comes to mind!

Another way to get a better feeling for how the Seasons work is to pick a couple past Seasons at random, then read through the threads and enjoy all the videos. Go for an early Season (1-25 or so), then one from among Seasons 26-40 (this is when the Seasons caught on among more UUers), and then a more recent Season. You'll see how some things have changed, and that much has stayed the same. Mainly, we're all here to share music and support each other's progress playing the best little instrument around.

[...]

Another way to get a better feeling for how the Seasons work is to pick a couple past Seasons at random, then read through the threads and enjoy all the videos. [...] You'll see how some things have changed, and that much has stayed the same. Mainly, we're all here to share music and support each other's progress playing the best little instrument around.

Yes. These are very good suggestions. Looks like the remainder of my weekend just got filled :)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Looks like the remainder of my weekend just got filled :)

Oh, booli, you have no idea! :music: Do you have some vacation time coming to you?

Seriously, though, it's great you asked. There are A LOT of threads here (thank goodness we have this subforum now -- yay, moderators!), and it can be difficult to find one thing. Like Ralf said, the only bad/silly question is the one that doesn't get asked, and it is very likely there is someone else out there wondering the same thing, or will be soon.

Glad to have you on board!

Top Bottom