Spouse's orders!

pootsie

Reaction score
Wife:
I am sick of these ukuleles in the way.

Me:
Well I try to keep them out of the way, but I don't have a place for them.

Wife:
Well, can you please just hang them on the wall?

Me:
*blink* *blink* Really? You'd let me do that?

Wife:
Yes, just so they are out of the way.

Me:
As you wish, my dear!

Heh, heh. Now...if you're really good you can parlay that into a need to buy more ukuleles...just each time you hang one make sure the result looks unbalanced like you need one. more. ukulele. right. there! :)

What she does not know is that I already plan on putting up more pegs than I have ukes.

Way ahead of you, OldePhart, but I like the way your devious mind works ...

ukes.jpg
Even my son is happy about this!

BTW, my mother-in-law does leather work (www.LastChanceLeather.net) and I have a bag of scraps. I used two to make hangers but I can make about a dozen bazillion more.

I kind of used Aldrines tutorial and did this, works great.
I used the small Y hooks from Menards and 2 1" thick pieces to make the top one.
The idea was to minimize the holes in the walls. It is help up with 4 screws for 8 ukes. (Pic shows a small part of the wall)
family-2013.gif

I'm with John, It looks a bit unbalanced and bare. You need at least one of each size on either side of the fireplace.

Haha, that is awesome!
Very much like my situation. My girlfriend and I are moving into a new apartment in a month or so, and I never got to hang all the ukes up in the last apartment.
This time, I've promised her I will hang them all up. Problem is however, I am now the owner of 3 ukes.
3 ukes won't look good without a 4th... And once I have 4, I can get a 5th and do a pyramide formation... and once I have 5, I'll need a 6th... - Just because I want a 6th, as well as a 7th ukulele :)
It will never stop. :)

Top Bottom