FS: Kala KA-C

T'Bone

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm selling a great little concert uke, my Kala KA-C. It has a laminate mahogany top, back, and sides with beautiful ivoroid binding, and was originally purchased from Uke Republic, so the action is nice and low. No issues with the uke, I just found that the tenor size ukes feel much more comfortable to me. I would describe the condition as "like new." I restrung a few months ago with Worth Browns, which I feel give a much nicer sound than the Aquilas it came with.

I'm asking for $75 plus shipping (shouldn't be too much in the contiguous US), and I'll include the gig bag it came with as well. I purchased it for $120, and the upgraded strings were another $15, so that's almost half price. Please PM if you're interested.

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_0403.jpg
    DSC_0403.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_0399.jpg
    DSC_0399.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0398.jpg
    DSC_0398.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0404.jpg
    DSC_0404.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0401.jpg
    DSC_0401.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Two more pictures!

Attachments

• DSC_0393.jpg
    DSC_0393.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0395.jpg
    DSC_0395.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 9
A good deal, but the KA-C is all-laminate (not solid top). Still a very nice little uke.

Thanks for correcting me - I could have sworn the top was solid! Anyway, I have adjusted the original post accordingly.

Nice deal especially since it's set-up from Uke Republic. If you're looking for a good starter uke ("what should my first uke be?" thread) this is a good price.

I've compared a bunch of starter ukes, and this one really rocks! It's a good deal.

I PMed you. This would be my first "real" ukulele. I've been playing my son's First Act for a few months and it sucks. I hope this works out.
:rolleyes:

I PMed you. This would be my first "real" ukulele. I've been playing my son's First Act for a few months and it sucks. I hope this works out.
:rolleyes:

Good move. Nice uke! AND a setup. I would have bought it myself but I just acquired a Mainland Mahogany Concert.

PM replied to.

Thanks to all for the nice words about the uke! If I hadn't decided to stick to tenors exclusively, I wouldn't be letting this one go...

You know, I've got a First Act I loaned out to a friend a long time back, not missing it. It was my beater, to be sure! I got it at a Sally Ann for a buck and had to find a tuning gear to put on it.

After what I've seen of the very low end of the uke marketplace, I think anymore that it's wise for a person getting into ukes to totally avoid the sub-$50 stuff. Add another $20-30 and you get something you can use for the long haul. And I think some laminates sound very awesome: gotta hear it to know it.

Top Bottom