Want to Buy: Mainland Tenor

sonomajazz

Reaction score
I have my eye on a couple of higher end ukes, but have been very curious about the Mainland. (Just sold a custom tenor so have room in the stable). Heard very good things about the brand.
Anyone have one available at a reasonable price let me know.
Audition and pickup in the greater bay area CA would be preferred but won't rule out shipping...

Thanks

I just saw a used Mainland tenor on Guitar Center's used site. I think it was around $150. Nice thing with GC is if you order something from another store and have it shipped you can return it to the GC closest to you. At least that's what I've been told by their employees.

I just saw a used Mainland tenor on Guitar Center's used site. I think it was around $150. Nice thing with GC is if you order something from another store and have it shipped you can return it to the GC closest to you. At least that's what I've been told by their employees.

Any one else want to chime in before I buy this slothead mahogany tenor from GC??

OBTW...thanks Cap'n...

Go for it. Worse case scenario, return or ship to Mainland for a "tuneup"

I got to play that Mainland slothead today at GC...if it is the same one...it was at the Algonquin, Il. store...it is VERY nice and has a decent bag with it for $149 go for it!!

I got to play that Mainland slothead today at GC...if it is the same one...it was at the Algonquin, Il. store...it is VERY nice and has a decent bag with it for $149 go for it!!

Ukegirl...that's amazing! They're apparently holding it for me for payment tomorrow. Couldn't take Paypal for some weird reason.
I'll jump on it then...thanks again!

can you buy straight from them or only dealers?

Wow, that is very generous! Fellow at the store said it had sold...are you close by and can just pop in?
Otherwise don't make a special trip across town...but thanks for the offer!
Someone here on UU must have a spare Mainland tenor just hangin' around...you know who you are!

You can ask Mike@Mainland and see if they still have any blem one available. I got one for 20% off the retail price and can barely tell it's a blem.

You won't go wrong with a Mainland I have got one and I just pulled the trigger on another one, best value ukes out there in my opinion, I was going to buy a high/mid range uke but when I was looking at reviews for some of the ukes, the Mainland still came out on top soundwise, the problem you will have is that players who buy Mainlands normally keep them, although you may get the odd one come up in the marketplace

You won't go wrong with a Mainland I have got one and I just pulled the trigger on another one, best value ukes out there in my opinion, I was going to buy a high/mid range uke but when I was looking at reviews for some of the ukes, the Mainland still came out on top soundwise, the problem you will have is that players who buy Mainlands normally keep them, although you may get the odd one come up in the marketplace

Thanks for the comments...
You have the red cedar tenor, getting another cedar?

Thanks for the comments...
You have the red cedar tenor, getting another cedar?

Yep its a long story, a fellow band member said he could fit an under saddle pick up and completely ruined the bridge, but amazingly it still plays well enough to gig with, now I will keep this one and nobody will touch it let alone play it, only ME, heh heh heh

Top Bottom