New Mele Ukulele

hungry4adobo

Reaction score
Aloha Everyone! I just want to share my brand new Mele Solid Mahogany Tenor that was just shipped over from Maui. I wanna just give a big shout out to Cheryl who I was able to talk to on the phone and was able to choose an uke that I was looking for. She was very patient with my pickyness (which i tend to have when it comes to buying an ukulele). This time I was particularly looking for a darker stained mahogany and it for the uke to be strung with a set of Low G. If i could buy a second Mele ukulele I think I would. I have had over 8 ukes and tried multiple hawaiian made solid koa ukes, but no uke that could sing like this one. I think I have found a real treasure :cool:

IMG_2500.jpgIMG_2501.jpgIMG_2502.jpgIMG_2506.jpg

Aloha H4ADB,
Congrats on your Mele. I've collected quite a few slightly used Meles and they are all good. In fact I bought one like yours and a week later I bought another one and gave it to mmStan.
All my low g Tenors, 4-5-6 and 8 stringers have Southcoast MLs on them. A PERFECT match, sounds amazing. Try'em, you'll like'um.............................Bo....................

Congratulations! Your new Mele looks great!

When I was on maui last October, I visited Mele and ended up buying a longneck 8-string tenor that Mele was happy to restring DGBE (I had been looking for an 8-string baritone) even before I bought it. Everyone was incredibly nice and accommodating, and I love the ukulele.

Congrats, I love meles....thank you 808boy....still playing the heck out of the one you gave me....love it, since then I got a koa with a mahogany top with a fishman pickup.....woo hoo
Oh I think Cheryl does like Adobo too.....hee hee :)

Congrats on such a beautiful uke. Hope you don't have anything else to do tonight!

Congrats, she's a real beauty. I have two Mele's I bought from Cheryl and love them dearly. The first is a six string Concert made of Curly Koa and the second is a travel also made of Koa. They both look and sound fantastic! Enjoy them!

I got my first mele last month - mahogany concert. I didn't love the finish and had to file some frets but the sound - wow!! It has a great warm and loud sound and feels like a ukulele that has been played and opened up already. I love it.

im hoping to get a mele soprano eventually, it will probably be my next uke purchase, but not sure wether to buy direct or wait for southern ukulele store here in the uk to get more stock

Top Bottom