FS : Southern Cross Banjo Uke (Gibson UB2 Copy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPO

Reaction score
My second UB2 copy. Body is Maple laminate, Resonator is Birds Eye Maple, neck is American Ash. Headstock is Rosewood as is the fretboard with Ash position markers. Hardware is top quality made in Canada. Tension hoop is a notched 18 hook design hand made in Czechoslovakia.
Tuners are geared planetary style. The head is genuine calf skin vellum for the unique Banjo uke sound, and is fitted with a brass tone ring. The resonator is attached with four brass dowels and is removable for open back playing.

I struggle with pricing my own work, I have sold some early models far to cheap, but that's part of my learning curve and I have no regrets.
Andy Eastwood probably one of the best BU players in the world valued my banjo ukes at 750 GB pounds or US $1100, Pete Howlett suggested that he was being conservative and I should ask 1000.00 Gb pounds or US $1500. It sounds expensive to me so I thought for this one I would use the old real estate maxim that an item is worth what a willing buyer will pay, and a willing seller will accept. In other words let the market decide.

So it has no price, if anyone is interested feel free to PM me with an offer that you consider might be acceptable to both parties.

Kind Regards
Dennis
New Zealand.

Attachments

• UB8.jpg
    UB8.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 72
  • UB9.jpg
    UB9.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 58
  • UB3.jpg
    UB3.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 68
  • UB4.jpg
    UB4.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3759.jpg
    IMG_3759.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 65
PM sent, Dennis. :)

My thanks to all the people who pm'd me. The banjo uke has now been sold at a price that both parties are happy with.
Started the next one today.

Wasn't sure if I should start my own thread or saddle on to this one...

I got this amazing uke last week, and have maybe played less than an hour, however, something serious has come up, and I can't afford to keep this gorgeous bajo uke.
I've got it here in Los Angeles, CA- selling price is what I paid- $1000.00 and I'll throw in free shipping to US only (overseas I'll split the cost within reason).
So please help get this beauty back out to a good home soon. And feel free to PM me with any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom