Chopsticks, J King arrangement.

TJ Uke

Reaction score
Well, I need to grow nails and my camera tries to auto adjust recording volume from my dynamics for no good reason when I connect my mic so I'll have the mic separate next time but...

Here's my shot at it.

That was brilliant, loved the little runs near the end. Where did you learn that from? I would like to give it a try!

This is the version found in John King's "The Classical Ukulele" book, really really cool book. It's all about finger picking basically and tells you what fingers to use on the tricky bits.

Thanks for your kind comments, guys!

Ill be honest. I watched to see how you handled the triplets at the end. VERY nicely done! They are a beast. I think they're the hardest thing in that book.

Off to practice some more..........

Really nice playing. External mic and fingernails and I'll think we'll get a better idea how good you really are. Which I suspect is really quite good. :)

Ill be honest. I watched to see how you handled the triplets at the end. VERY nicely done! They are a beast. I think they're the hardest thing in that book.

Off to practice some more..........

Really nice playing. External mic and fingernails and I'll think we'll get a better idea how good you really are. Which I suspect is really quite good. :)

I've played electric guitar with a flatpick for about 7-years so I have the discipline but I'm still very "green" when it comes to fingerpicking, despite practicing some specific things a load.

With my stubby, calloused fingers from tapping on guitar anything fast has a loud POPOPOPOPOPOP of the string being popped like on bass lol!

By the way, excuse my ignorance if it's a well known thing, is the etude series on your channel an original set by you? I love that kind of thing.

Edit, just got to earlier ones so I can see that yes they are, I'll be looking at a few of these more!

Last edited:
This is the version found in John King's "The Classical Ukulele" book, really really cool book. It's all about finger picking basically and tells you what fingers to use on the tricky bits.

Thanks for your kind comments, guys!
That's so weird! I've got that book, had it for about 6 months and never really went through it. I will now, thanks for reminding me.

I've played electric guitar with a flatpick for about 7-years so I have the discipline but I'm still very "green" when it comes to fingerpicking, despite practicing some specific things a load.

With my stubby, calloused fingers from tapping on guitar anything fast has a loud POPOPOPOPOPOP of the string being popped like on bass lol!

By the way, excuse my ignorance if it's a well known thing, is the etude series on your channel an original set by you? I love that kind of thing.

Edit, just got to earlier ones so I can see that yes they are, I'll be looking at a few of these more!

Yes, I've written 20 etudes (etudes 11-20 are free of charge on the website), some duets and done an arrangement of Eine Kleine Nachtmusik by Mozart. Thanks for checking them out! :)

That's so weird! I've got that book, had it for about 6 months and never really went through it. I will now, thanks for reminding me.

It's the bomb, some serious nuggets of pure technique practice gold!

Dude, that was awesome! :shaka:

Sounding very nice!! Congrats!

Top Bottom