Getting back on the horse!

Helms

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
It's seems like ages since the last time I was on the forum.

I hope everyone is doing well, and have time to share some of your awesome knowledge about everything I don't know :)

I've played ukulele hardcorely (if thats a word:)), 4-8 hours a day for about 1,5-2 years, after that I kind of plateaued and lost interest - not for the ukulele, but for what I was able to play.
I have an easy time learning from tabs and tutorials on YouTube and had a blast getting through Jake's Peace, Love & Ukulele tab book.

At the moment I'm on a roadtrip with my girlfriend in the US. Been here for a little over 2 months so far, and got a little less then 10 days left.
We are ahead of schedule, so will be in LA from 4-10th July, until we depart and go back home to Denmark.

I hope to find a small pocket Uke somewhere in LA, I can fit into my handbag/suitcase at the airport :) (handbag is already quite full though, from the ton of boardgames (Yes, I'm a geek) I bought already.)

Anyone know of any great places in LA to buy ukuleles?

I have for a long time really been wanting to get back to the uke, as it is still something I really really enjoy using time on.
What should I do? I have plateaued. All the tabs I found challenging enough I've either learned or given up on (as they were way out of my league).

I can play a few scales. I'm no expert at improvising, but I can at least do the very basic stuff. That said, I am by no means able to figure out what key a song is played in, I'm not able to write any useful music and don't know enough about improvising to have fun doing it.

I plan on resubscribing to UU+ when I get back home and hope to find some inspiration there.
Are there any other places I should look for inspiration and tabs (other then here)?

Also, I couldn't find Dominators website (new computer, so not in search history). Is he still playing and still posting those lovely tabs?

And lastly, are there any rumours about Jake releasing a tab book along with his newest album?
And are there any tabs out there yet from the album?

Thank you so much guys!
Any help is highly appreciated!

You're my hero if you can get through Jake's tab book. Try McGabes in Santa Monica or Island Bazzar in Huntington Beach. Cheers!

Hehe, yes - well. Maybe I should've explained myself differently: I enjoyed getting through the tab book... the best I could.
I have yet to learn a few of the songs, lack of skills holds me back.

You're my hero if you can get through Jake's tab book. Try McGabes in Santa Monica or Island Bazzar in Huntington Beach. Cheers!

Agree with both of these places. Never been to mccabes but Island bazzar is very nice and they have a good selection

Welcome back! We're glad to have ya.

Also, I couldn't find Dominator's website (new computer, so not in search history). Is he still playing and still posting those lovely tabs?

He most definitely is still playing and posting. His tablature page and Youtube channel are still active.

Thanks everyone!
I will definitely check out those stores.
And thanks for the links :)

Top Bottom