Allow me to introduce you to my Dream Uke...

Reaction score
(been a long while since I made a post)

NERDFIGHERS UNITE!

Ladies and gentlemen and variations thereupon, allow me to introduce you to the 'ukulele whose glistening cedar wood and gleaming slothead nightly swim through my musical fantasies: The KA-ACP-CT. The Cedar/Acacia, slotheaded, Padouk bound, concert-sized Kala 'ukulele.

kala_ka-apc.jpg

kala_ka-apc-3.jpg
kala_ka-apc-5.jpg

kala_ka-apc-7.jpg
kala_ka-apc-9.jpg

*pictures courtesy of theukulelesite.com*

See the deep red of that Padouk binding? What does it remind you of? The crimson blood of a performer rushing with excitement? Perhaps the dark red lips of a seductress waiting to play your heart strings.

do You Know what i See? I see the redblack nail polish of a caution-to-the-wind throwing adventuress looking for some trouble to get into, some paper towns to run off to.

I'm referring to the amazingly poignant novel Paper Towns by John Green. The character who, you could say, the novel revolves around is a girl named Margo Roth Spiegelman. The novel and the philosophies held by that character are held very close to my heart and so, with the help of my fellow Nerdfighter friend, Kylah, I have decided to name my future uke Margo Roth Cedarman (isn't that so cool?!!?). I swear I had a nerd-seizure when my friend suggested the name.

This uke, to me, seems to be a perfect piece of work that I can't wait to get my hands on. I admire Kala as a company, and I absolutely love this 'ukulele design. It's one of Kala's new 2013 models and it also comes in tenor size. I'll be buying it from TheUkuleleSite.com to make sure that she'll be getting some of the best prep treatment a uke can get. I'll also be getting two strap buttons installed for only 9 bucks extra! =D I'm happy.

Best believe that I'll be working my ass off to earn all the money for this uke and all the accessories I want to go with it. This baby is going to need a good hard case to travel around with me in and a super cool R2-D2 focused, handmade Star Wars guitar strap.

And then, my fellow ukers. It is at that moment in the future when I am playing the Doctor Who theme in the midst of Grant Park, in the heart of Atlanta that I will begin living my dream.

Congrats on a awesome looking uke...I am sure is sounds nice because you bought it from Andrew...happy strummings

That's a beauty. Congrats and enjoy!

-Steve

I don't know, man ...

Wouldn't Boba Fett be better?

Oh, nice uke, too

No way, man! I love Artoo. (unpopular opinion coming up) I especially love those episodes of the Clone Wars tv series where Artoo and other droids are focused on especially. Actually, here's a pick of the strap:

il_570xN.399648933_o83q.jpg

If you guys want to see some more of this girl's work, check out her Etsy site: http://www.etsy.com/shop/artifacthandmade?ref=seller_info She does a really good job AND she's got some great, nerdy taste in fabrics.

I had a custom Chewbacca strap for my bass that was stolen at a gig. Didn't touch my Lakland or even the leather bag it was in, just took the strap. If I ever find that strap someone is going to get a beat down.

OK, but I draw the line at Jar-Jar.

I have great respect for the character of R2D2. The most effective intelligence operative in the galaxy.

Hey C,

Gorgeous, gorgeous! What a beauty. They should make more concerts with slotheads.....my favorite.

That is a pretty uke, and it sounds great with Corey playing it on the HMS web site. Seems like the folks at Kala have stepped up their game with this one.

Last edited:
Very nice one! I like Kala brand as well they do make some good ukes in the price range. My Kala uke live with me and I love it. I believe this beautiful uke will bring you joy to play.

Your description, coupled with your obvious enthusiasm, immediately made me smile.

That uke is quite lovely. The rosette is wonderful!! Enjoy!! Enjoy!! Enjoy!!

Very nice one! I like Kala brand as well they do make some good ukes in the price range. My Kala uke live with me and I love it. I believe this beautiful uke will bring you joy to play.

Thanks so much! =) I can't wait to get my hands on her. Ohhh, the adventures we'll have!

Top Bottom