Got my first Uke 5 days ago...

Triptastic

Reaction score
Just got my first ukulele (Lanikai Lu-21 concert) and I've been playing it non stop! I learned a bunch of songs with just chords and basic strumming. I challenged myself to learn Travis picking for the intro to dust in the wind. Now that I got that down I want another challenge. Can someone assign me some homework please??? I've only been playing 5 days so i need to work on everything, so suggest whatever you think will help, anything is appreciated, thanks guys.

Hi, Triptastic! Welcome to UU and congrats on your new uke. It sounds like you are into finger picking? If so, Dominator's site is a fantastic resources for tabs:

http://www.dominator.ukeland.com/

Last edited:
Congratulations on your first ukulele!

Try looking at a bunch of Uke Minutes videos on UU's YouTube channel! When I first started out, I watched so many of those videos, and I just loved challenging myself to copy and perfect all the techniques that I saw Aldrine demonstrating. I had fun. Also, isn't the Travis picking pattern so cool when you learn it? You couldn't stop playing that same tune from Dust in the Wind for weeks if you tried. XD

Also, here's a great song to learn:

Yeah I am interested in finger picking, just love the sounds you can get out of a uke! I actually stumbled across uke minutes on YouTube right after I started this thread haha. I watched a bunch of those before I went to bed. I'm looking forward to learning mad world when I get home. Thank you everyone :)

Congratulations! Don't forget to try lots of strumming patterns, they are indespensable if you wanna sing...

Top Bottom