Putting out the swap feelers-old tenor banjo

oldetymey

Reaction score
I got this in a barter lot of musical stuff from the local craigslist.
The fella that I got it from said it was a 50's vega, though there is not on mark or stamp on it anywhere except for a "350" stamped in the top of the headstock. Ive been messing around with it, but its just not my thing. I can barely get it in tune. I think it would benefit greatly from a good tuneup. Fresh tuners (or rebuilding the old) would help alot I think.
It is in good shape, good straight neck, just a little lifting on the veneer on the back of the resonator. There is some work to be done on it, but I think someone who knows banjos could have a nice instrument with a minimum of effort. Id like to swap this for a mid level soprano. Im thinking Mainland, Ohana, maybe Bruko if someone is feeling generous.
solid woods only, Id love to keep this a local swap (Toledo, Ohio area) but for the right deal I wouldnt be totally adverse to shipping within the U.S. Anyone who wants to throw in their 2 cents about what this is as well the info would be welcome. I did do the UU sign in my pic as well but I dont think it came out well :) banjo4.jpgbanjo3.jpgbanjo2.jpgbanjo1.jpg

Give her one bump doesnt seem like theres much interest got a trade in appraisal at GC and shes going there next weekend unless someone saves her!

Top Bottom