PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Uke in one month!

lorettalang
07-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Hi, from a newb!!!
My fab hub brought me a surprise a month ago...an Ohana CK-10s...I have played every day, followed you tubes and found my way here. It began to sound twangy to me so I just traded up today to a Lanikai CK-C !!! Wow, the difference in richness of sound amazes me and the playability difference is night and day...my left hand fingers may finally heal. I loved that Ohana as it got me started, but so glad I upgraded sooner rather than later!!! I see a K in my future!!! I'm completely hooked!!! Loves, Loretta

kvehe
07-03-2013, 03:55 AM
Welcome, Loretta! You've found the best uke site, and are well on your way. With a new uke that you like more than the first one, you'll be practicing more and having more fun...and yes, keep your eyes trained on the K!

vanflynn
07-03-2013, 05:05 AM
Congrat on the new uke Loretta. Are you planning on keeping this UAS at the current rate?!?! :)

Sorry to hear that your Ohana was tough to play. I have the CK-20 and think it's a gem. You may want someone to look at the setup and also try some Worth strings on it. Get it playable so you husband can jam with you!

Have a Happy New Uke Day and we look forward to seeing you post a picture of your new K soon!

UkeKiddinMe
07-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Welcome.

You are not alone. Many people jump in the uke water, and then make a pretty quick change/upgrade.
I launched on a low end Kala, and pretty quickly took a little step up to a Riptide.

This instrument is a ridiculous amount of fun. Enjoy.

sugengshi
07-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Welcome aboard the UU. Congratulations on upgrading your Uke. I started with low-end Makala and Kala. Although I love the Ukes and the sound, when I tried my hands on others, I started to fall in love with those as well. As the result, I also acquired two Ohana and two Kamoa Ukes. I'm still enjoying playing and strumming with them.

Well done on upgrading your Uke!

Reisman
07-04-2013, 07:57 AM
At this rate, you should have another 20 or so by the end of the year!

Ukeplayer2013
07-04-2013, 08:25 AM
I got the Makala dolphin uke. It's been nice to me since the day I bought it. :D really nice uke. The next one I'm getting will be a kala but don't know which one yet. And welcome to the forum.

Nickie
07-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Congratulations! Keep strummin....I love my K uke....my Kala, that is, LOL!