NUD or Xmas in June: Oceana Cedar/Walnut Super Soprano

tigersister

Reaction score
Actually NUD was Thursday, and ahead of schedule. I wasn't expecting Zac to finish it till mid to late August. I've been busy playing it, and quite frankly, too lazy to post pics until today. It sounds and feels fantastic. It's sparkly with a warm depth, and oh so resonant.

Claro Walnut back and sides.
Dark Western Red Cedar top
Binding: Wenge
Rosette dark and light wood with outline
Madagascar Ebony fret board
Fretboard markers on the 5th, 7th, 10th and 12th frets side and top double on the 12th
Ammonite inlay on head
Oil finish
Gotoh UPT tunners
Aquila Bionylon high G

DSC_1201.JPG

DSC_1211.JPG

DSC_1228.JPG

Congratulations on your new uke! Looks lovely,and I bet it sounds great!

yup - that's a beauty ok!

Congratulations :D

Woof, that's a nice looking back!

Beautiful ukulele. Haven't heard too much about Oceana of late, but I've always liked Zac's work and would love to own one of his builds someday. Enjoy!

-Steve

Oh wow, that ukulele is gorgeous. I especially like the gradations in the wood on the back.

Beautiful :drool:

Actually NUD was Thursday, and ahead of schedule. I wasn't expecting Zac to finish it till mid to late August. I've been busy playing it, and quite frankly, too lazy to post pics until today. It sounds and feels fantastic. It's sparkly with a warm depth, and oh so resonant.

Claro Walnut back and sides.
Dark Western Red Cedar top
Binding: Wenge
Rosette dark and light wood with outline
Madagascar Ebony fret board
Fretboard markers on the 5th, 7th, 10th and 12th frets side and top double on the 12th
Ammonite inlay on head
Oil finish
Gotoh UPT tunners
Aquila Bionylon high G

DSC_1201.JPG

DSC_1211.JPG

DSC_1228.JPG
Beautiful uke. Very cool rosette and nautilus inlay.

I've always admired the Oceana ukes. Congratulations.

Thank you all so much. I am really enjoying it. The clarity is outstanding, and making some of my other ukes sounds muddy by comparison.

Top Bottom