Bleh..

BigD

Reaction score
it has been a rough couple months for the old D here :/ serious family issues, work problems, and the all holy equalizer, money problems :/ aaand my last g string for the tenor just snapped! BLEHH someone give me some good uke news so i dont wander off and purposely get lost in the cornfields of good ole midland Illinois!

I have had times in life like that, and then one day you get up and things are better that day. This too shall pass.
If you need another string or set send me a PM address and I will make sure you get some. We all get our turn in the barrel. It will be o.k. That's all anyone really needs to hear is it will be o.k. The art is when you get to a point you can tell yourself and believe it will be o.k.

I have had times in life like that, and then one day you get up and things are better that day. This too shall pass.
If you need another string or set send me a PM address and I will make sure you get some. We all get our turn in the barrel. It will be o.k. That's all anyone really needs to hear is it will be o.k. The art is when you get to a point you can tell yourself and believe it will be o.k.

Phenomenal words of wisdom that took me years to understand...

Sorry to hear things are so rough.... it's tough how sometimes everything goes wrong all together - but they pass, really they do.... hang on in there. And that's rotten luck about your uke strings! Have you got another uke? I've seldom heard of a keen uke player who only had one! :D I hope things get better for you soon.....

Great perspective and advice. The only thing that I would add is don't be afraid to ask for help. There are public resources, organizations, friends, and family who would be glad to help.

Sorry to hear of your recent issues. Like the previous posters said, things will eventually get better, given a little time. I'm sure it's overwhelming because everything is hitting you at once. One thing that always seems to help me get my mind off things is my music. If that is it for you too, find yourself a little space and play your uke or whatever instrument that can give you aid. Forums like UU are also nice, because they are generally filled with non-judgmental people who try to help in any way. Take care and keep smiling!

Thanks everyone, i really mean it. I wish i could have made uwc this year so i could have met some of you because its hard to believe there is a group of people who can be this kind to someone theyve never even met. Thank you. And barefoot ive had four ukes now i bought my friends lanikai from him but i gave it back cuz he wanted to make another go at it and id never stop anyone from that, my sojing electric which is still working(but just isnt quite the same anyone whos played a solid body thru a headphone jack knows what im saying but thats something at least) a kohala concert that i let another friend borrow because shes starting off and my old reliable makala mk-t with a broken string lol its also bowing really bad by the soundhole (cant remember the technical word for that) and its got me slightly worried :/ im in the market for a blem red cedar tenor mainland when i get the funds tho, kinda always been my first dream ukulele. You know i dont think i could go anywhere else and get the awesome treatment i do here. That everyone gets here. Thanks everyone and thank you for the good advice Newport, something to remember for sure.

Get you some fishin' line from your old rod and reel. String up that G-string with fish line. Find you a happy tune to strum. Play awhile. You'll be OK. Meanwhile, the rest of us can put in a word for you in our prayers, and things will start looking better. :)

There is a uke jam in Normal, IL this Saturday. only about 1.5 hours away from you.
It is at Fusion Brew in Normal
2-4ish
Come and play uke with some people. Might help list your spirits
www.NormalUkeJam.com

Aloha Big E,
Sorry to hear all your recent issues....play your ukulele is it will drown all you worries and make it a more happy day....take things a step at a time....happy Strummings...

Well my low G strings have been multiplying , so if you want to try a unwound Aqulia low G red series drop me a pm and I'll send you one . :) FREE ! I can also send you a pack of high g Aqulia's ,very slightly used if you want (for tenor).

Last edited:
When I sometimes feel depressed I always say to myself, there are a lot of people in worse situations!...

Just think how fortunate you are too even have a Ukulele to play!...

Thanks everyone! I spent the holiday weekend with my folks camping and it was a breath of fresh air. Ive been camping since i was about the size of a loaf of bread so some fishing and campfire was just what i needed!

I cried because I had no G string, then I went to the beach and saw this really large person.....ooooops, wrong forum! :rofl:

Top Bottom