FS: Three Cedars Copper Sided Soprano

provines

Reaction score
See the later posts for modifications to this uke.....

Here is one of Benjamin Cram's creations. He goes by the Three Cedars Ukulele Company and lives in Seattle Washington. It is a unique build as the top bout is built from a solid piece of wood that has been jig'd out. The bottom bout is built from five separate pieces with copper sides. Ben cracked the top when he was putting it together but repaired it during construction so it has been done right.

Please note the modifications I just made to this uke in the posts below. I couldn't figure out how to delete these photos since they are attachments.... But you now have the before and after photos.

I'd like $275 shipped to lower 48.

How does it sound? Here is Ben playing it:

Attachments

• IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0607.jpg
    IMG_0607.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Man, I'm intrigued by this uke.

I told myself, no more sopranos, but Oh My!

Wow, major "Cool factor" and sounds great. I'm impressed.

Upgraded the case. It will ship with this Uke Crazy case.

attachment.php

Maybe you should try puuuuuussssssssshhhhhhhhhh instead of bump. :D

I made some modifications to this uke. I added some Grover geared tuners which are a dream compared to the pegs and a K&K big spot pickup. Here are the updated photos:

DSCN4520.jpgDSCN4522.jpgDSCN4523.jpgDSCN4524.jpg

Attachments

• thermo.jpg
    thermo.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Since the pegs were so high on the headstock, I had to grind down the tuners and drill new holes to attach the top two. I used some of that silver tape you use to tape your ducts onto the air conditioning unit or your drier hose to the dryer to cover up the existing holes in the tuners. It works...
I almost got the pickup centered, my drill walked a little so it isn't perfect but neither am I.
More pics:
DSCN4526.jpgDSCN4527.jpgDSCN4528.jpgDSCN4529.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom