FS Vintage Martin Tenor, c 40s

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxuke

Reaction score
FOR SALE: Vintage Martin Tenor, c 40s.
18 frets, 12th fret meets body.

THIS WEEKEND ONLY: Final Reduction, Local PDX Pickup ONLY: $795

This is your last shot at this if anybody in Portland wants it. After Sunday I'm locking the thread and cosigning it to Gryphon Strings, where you will someday pay $1400 for it. Haha :) Last chance. PM me for an appointment.

attachment.php

CONDITION: OVERALL, Very clean. No cracks of any kind. The face is superb. There are some dings. The friction tuners are a bit stiff. The action is pretty good. You may want to have this set up, or set it up for yourself.

INCLUDES: Case with Herco. One case clasp is loose. It's not the best case, but it will do. Package of un-opened Martin Tenor strings. Currently strung with Southcoast Cuatros and tuned, as an experiment, to Eb.

REASON FOR SELLING: Experiment with tenors over. I'm a soprano and Barry man. Time for it to go.

attachment.php

I believe this represents a good value.

Thanks for looking.

(More pics to follow...)

Last edited:
Interested in a koaloha soprano noah and some cash possibly?

Interested in a koaloha soprano noah and some cash possibly?

No thanks, Vinnie. I'm good where I'm at with ukes. Got absolutely everything I want, and then some. UAS in full remission (well, there is that SK21M...)

So, no trades.

But i take paypal, so you can put it on a credit card :cool:

PRICE REDUCTION FOR LOCAL PICK-UP IN PDX ONLY: $825 CASH, or $850 Paypal!

If you wish to pay me locally via Paypal, you can use your credit card and we can do it when we meet at the local Starbucks. Just bring your laptop or smartphone, long into paypal, and pay me, and the uke is yours!

PM me to set up a local meeting this weekend!

THIS WEEKEND ONLY: Final Reduction, Local PDX Pickup ONLY: $795 CASH

This is your last shot at this if anybody in Portland wants it. After Sunday I'm locking the thread and cosigning it to Gryphon Strings, where you will someday pay $1400 for it. Haha :) Last chance. PM me for an appointment.

God, will someone in PDX (wherever that is--I think you head north from Hogwart's Academy and hang a left at Oz) PLEASE go get this gift from Thom!

The rest of us out here in the USA are with fistfuls of cash, just trembling, because Thom won't ship the darned thing.

Tokyo, Tokyo...come in Tokyo. I mean, PDX.

Steve may force me to consider shipping this...

But--as additional sweetener for local sale:

I take Paypal. I have a business account. You may use Bill Me Later to get six month terms (which I believe are no interest) for buying this thru Paypal and financing on Bill Me Later. Just be sure you have your Bill Me later account set up.

I have a comfy garage. You can come play the thing. Bring your phone, or use my laptop, log into your Paypal account, pay me, and walk away with it, then have six months to pay it off.

Good deal.

God, will someone in PDX (wherever that is--I think you head north from Hogwart's Academy and hang a left at Oz) PLEASE go get this gift from Thom!

The rest of us out here in the USA are with fistfuls of cash, just trembling, because Thom won't ship the darned thing.

Tokyo, Tokyo...come in Tokyo. I mean, PDX.

:agree:

Someone needs to buy this.

It appears that the primary diagnosis for this product definition exchange at Portland International Airport has become pretty darn excruciating.

Last edited:
First off, I 100% respect anyone's decision to sell locally if they so choose. Having shipped over 40 guitars and a couple of ukes in the last 12 years, I realize full well it can be a pain in the butt sometimes and the seller does incur the risks associated with the actual shipment itself, although I consider it to be somewhat less with a well packed uke.

That having been said, my own personal opinion is that if you want to sell something bad enough, you go to where the customer is, meaning this nice uke could have been long gone by now had shipping been an option. Besides, unless I'm missing something here, which is more than likely, the uke is going to have to been shipped from Portland, OR to Gryphon, which I believe is in Palo Alto, CA, for consignment, no?

First off, I 100% respect anyone's decision to sell locally if they so choose. Having shipped over 40 guitars and a couple of ukes in the last 12 years, I realize full well it can be a pain in the butt sometimes and the seller does incur the risks associated with the actual shipment itself, although I consider it to be somewhat less with a well packed uke.

That having been said, my own personal opinion is that if you want to sell something bad enough, you go to where the customer is, meaning this nice uke could have been long gone by now had shipping been an option. Besides, unless I'm missing something here, which is more than likely, the uke is going to have to been shipped from Portland, OR to Gryphon, which I believe is in Palo Alto, CA, for consignment, no?

Hi

Thanks for the advice. Would you like to buy the uke? :)

I still want to buy it. Just stick it in a box and post it. I'll pay shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom