Thoughts on D'Addario t2's on a MM tenor

Tailgate

Reaction score
New Mya Moe tenor..changed strings to Living Water and thought they sounded 'Moe better'. Might be changing my mind. I had bought a couple of sets of t2's but have never tried them. Thinking about changing... thus the question: anyone have any experience with t2's on MM tenor?

Btw, I've searched and found many t2 threads and obviously everyone's mileage varies with such subjective issues. I will say out of all my string obsession issues the LW have always seemed the bomb for my ukes, just maybe not the MM. I do like the warmer, less bright (to me that's plunky) sound on my tenors.

TIA for your thoughts.. Bob

I tried T2's on my Mya-moe tenor, and thought they were too bright, almost brittle sounding (not that you shouldn't try them). I tried at least six different types of strings and kept coming back to the Worth clears just like it came with.

Another thing to remember is the T-2 is a nylon string and the diameters are slightly larger than fluorocarbons.

the only way you can get it to sound nice(less bright) is to drop tune it...and maybe use Fremont Blacklines...with LowG
that is what I did and sounds better now..

Last edited:
I put Fremont Blacklines on my koa Mya Moe tenor.

They sound about like the Worth Clears that it came with.

I'm not a fan of the T2s. Try Craig Brandau's custom Savarez set from Strings By Mail. Or Worth CH strings are a good choice, imo.

Top Bottom