PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on D'Addario t2's on a MM tenor

Tailgate
07-03-2013, 01:17 PM
New Mya Moe tenor..changed strings to Living Water and thought they sounded 'Moe better'. Might be changing my mind. I had bought a couple of sets of t2's but have never tried them. Thinking about changing... thus the question: anyone have any experience with t2's on MM tenor?

Btw, I've searched and found many t2 threads and obviously everyone's mileage varies with such subjective issues. I will say out of all my string obsession issues the LW have always seemed the bomb for my ukes, just maybe not the MM. I do like the warmer, less bright (to me that's plunky) sound on my tenors.

TIA for your thoughts.. Bob

stevepetergal
07-03-2013, 02:12 PM
I tried T2's on my Mya-moe tenor, and thought they were too bright, almost brittle sounding (not that you shouldn't try them). I tried at least six different types of strings and kept coming back to the Worth clears just like it came with.

Kanaka916
07-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Another thing to remember is the T-2 is a nylon string and the diameters are slightly larger than fluorocarbons.

hawaii 50
07-03-2013, 04:44 PM
the only way you can get it to sound nice(less bright) is to drop tune it...and maybe use Fremont Blacklines...with LowG
that is what I did and sounds better now..

coolkayaker1
07-03-2013, 04:45 PM
I put Fremont Blacklines on my koa Mya Moe tenor.

They sound about like the Worth Clears that it came with.

didgeridoo2
07-03-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm not a fan of the T2s. Try Craig Brandau's custom Savarez set from Strings By Mail. Or Worth CH strings are a good choice, imo.