Four Strong Winds

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
This is Ian Tyson's 1963 song, Four Strong Winds, recorded by The Brothers Four, Kingston Trio, Chad Mitchell Trio, John Denver, Johnny Cash... the list goes on and on. The song has become an Anthem in Alberta, being played at funerals, sporting events, buskers... just about everywhere. While I was attending the Calgary Stampede a few years ago, when this song was played over the PA system, just about EVERYONE stood and sang!

Unlike my usual "One Take Wonders", this one had a lot of false starts - like 7 or 8. I just let the video record until I got one I liked. I screwed up the intro several times, and a couple of times started to play in a key in which I had no hope of singing the song... I threw them false starts at the end of the video, just to show how screwy it gets sometimes.

Even though this was the best take - on the only day of the week I'll have an opportunity to do a video- on playback I noticed a Major Flub - but if I did it on stage, I probably wouldn't have noticed, until someone told me. So here it is, warts & all.

Enjoy!

I saw Neil Young play this song..

he says this is favorite song of all times...growing up in Ontario Canada...

Top Bottom