Interest in Taylor ukulele...

Status
Not open for further replies.

drose

Reaction score
Anyone have a taylor uke? I would be interested in hearing and maybe purchasing one...

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge, the only Taylor ukes produced have been sold as very limited and expensive matched pairs along with the corresponding guitars; I doubt anyone would break up a matched ukulele / guitar pair.

To the best of my knowledge, the only Taylor ukes produced have been sold as very limited and expensive matched pairs along with the corresponding guitars; I doubt anyone would break up a matched ukulele / guitar pair.
Very true.

There is a koa Builders's Reserve set from Taylor at Musicians Friend for only $9,999.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/taylor-limited-edition-builders-reserve-series-iv-guitar-ukulele-package
You could always buy that and sell the guitar.:)

I got both BR-IV (koa) and BR-VII (mahogany) and they are sound great. I prefer the sound of BR-IV more than BR-VII.

Here is the BR-IV
20120707_170534.jpg

I am lucky that someone bought the BR-IV guitar and I took the ukulele. However, I bought the full set of BR-VII. btw, I am still searching someone to buy the guitar from me since I don't play guitar. :(

I have played the Taylor koa before. It's very nice. Sounds and plays very much like a nice kanilea

In the current issue of the Taylor guitar magazine bob says they are thinking about it but no hard and fast plans yet for production of a stand alone uke.

I've owned several Taylor guitars over the years, and have great respect for them. I'd take that guitar off your hands except for three things. 1. It's a 12 fret neck, and I much prefer 14. 2. It's not a cutaway. 3. Oh yeah, I don't have that kind of money. Well, and I spent most of my life being the very definition of a musician. Someone who loads $5000 worth of equipment into a $500 car to drive 100 miles to a $50 gig. (and that's BEFORE the bar tab)

But good luck, and congrats on having those two gorgeous Taylor Ukes.

I've owned several Taylor guitars over the years, and have great respect for them. I'd take that guitar off your hands except for three things. 1. It's a 12 fret neck, and I much prefer 14. 2. It's not a cutaway. 3. Oh yeah, I don't have that kind of money. Well, and I spent most of my life being the very definition of a musician. Someone who loads $5000 worth of equipment into a $500 car to drive 100 miles to a $50 gig. (and that's BEFORE the bar tab)

But good luck, and congrats on having those two gorgeous Taylor Ukes.

Well, you're misinformed on 1. and 2. Can't help you with 3. :D
DV016_Jpg_Large_1328801851125_1104122141_A.jpg

Thanks for that bit of info. On the Taylor site they had it listed with the characteristics I noted. Still have that problem with item number 3 though. ;^(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom