PDA

View Full Version : Suedehead - Morrissey Cover for coolkayaker1

erivel
07-04-2013, 07:05 AM
This one's for Steve. I recorded this one in a hurry, so sorry for the screw ups! What you don't end up seeing is my daughter running into the room screaming: "ARE YOU DONE YET?" just as I hit my last chord...so I went with the fade out instead, lol!

http://youtu.be/dL5hrYxcq5M

RyanMFT
07-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Eric, you are awesome...

erivel
07-04-2013, 07:44 AM
Eric, you are awesome...

Thanks man!

Hochapeafarm
07-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Eric, you are awesome...

Ditto! Eric rocks it BIG time -- ALWAYS! Btw, Eric, too funny about your daughter!!! :-D (And I love that Pohaku!)

pootsie
07-04-2013, 10:27 AM
I celebrate Eric's entire catalog!

(actually meant that, despite the snarkiness of the reference)

coolkayaker1
07-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Eric, you are The Man!

What a great rendition of a classic underground song. You even got the beginning strums, the ting ting pre-song picking, and the chordy mid-song break. I'm impressed by how fast you can learn these songs. That finish fade is ideal, really.

Well, another one for the IPod.

Thanks so much, buddy. You sure know your 80s catalogue (I'm still smiling about your covering Icicle Works recently). The beauty of doing these less common songs on uke is that when anyone looks it up on youtube search now, yours comes up right next to Moz's original.

erivel
07-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Ditto! Eric rocks it BIG time -- ALWAYS! Btw, Eric, too funny about your daughter!!! :-D (And I love that Pohaku!)

Thanks Chelle! Yeah she did pretty good waiting until the very end.

erivel
07-04-2013, 09:42 PM
I celebrate Eric's entire catalog!

(actually meant that, despite the snarkiness of the reference)

Hey Pootsie, thanks man!

erivel
07-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Eric, you are The Man!

What a great rendition of a classic underground song. You even got the beginning strums, the ting ting pre-song picking, and the chordy mid-song break. I'm impressed by how fast you can learn these songs. That finish fade is ideal, really.

Well, another one for the IPod.

Thanks so much, buddy. You sure know your 80s catalogue (I'm still smiling about your covering Icicle Works recently). The beauty of doing these less common songs on uke is that when anyone looks it up on youtube search now, yours comes up right next to Moz's original.

Thanks for giving me the idea Steve! I always wondered what that opening chord was. The song brought back some good memories. I love trying to figuring out how to play these songs that I cherished from my youth.

The Big Kahuna
07-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Man, why have I only just discovered your vids ?!??!?

Utterly stupendous!

erivel
07-04-2013, 10:01 PM

Utterly stupendous!

Thanks again Big K!

coolkayaker1
07-05-2013, 01:16 AM

Utterly stupendous!

And the neat thing about Eric, BigK, is that you can burn his tunes from Youtube to your iPod with reckless abandon since he's not put out a CD.

Yet.

www.vidtomp3.com

The Big Kahuna
07-05-2013, 01:28 AM
And the neat thing about Eric, BigK, is that you can burn his tunes from Youtube to your iPod with reckless abandon since he's not put out a CD.

Yet.

www.vidtomp3.com (http://www.vidtomp3.com)

And the other neat thing about Eric is, if we ever lose Seeso, we've got a spare!

seeso
07-05-2013, 04:35 AM
And the other neat thing about Eric is, if we ever lose Seeso, we've got a spare!

He's much better looking.

The Big Kahuna
07-05-2013, 04:41 AM
Strangely enough, I typed that then deleted it before posting. :)

erivel
07-05-2013, 06:58 AM
He's much better looking.

You're making me blush man!

seeso
07-06-2013, 06:56 AM
You're making me blush man!

We should totally do a collaboration!

erivel
07-06-2013, 07:10 AM
We should totally do a collaboration!

I'm gonna PM you dude!

Newportlocal
07-06-2013, 07:40 AM
The girl on the wall behind you is absolutely smitten by your playing. Nice cover. Love all the 80's stuff. Spent a lot of time up there at the Kabuki underground clubs,palladium at broadway and Kearney,underground clubs on market street,etc. Brings back lots of memories. It will be fun to see what you and Seeso come up with.

The Big Kahuna
07-06-2013, 07:58 AM
It will be fun to see what you and Seeso come up with.

The theme tune to "Twins" would be my guess.

toye
07-10-2013, 02:42 PM
This was fantastic. I really enjoyed it.

Hochapeafarm
07-10-2013, 08:31 PM
I'm gonna PM you dude!

Oh, man! This would be SOOOO cool! I hope you guys really do a collab!!!! Awwwwesome!!!